Sign in to follow this  
Minariability

How many of you bought arma 2 just for dayz?

I've always been a fan of the original OFP and spent countless hours in the editor, never been much of a multiplayer. When I finaly could afford a rig that was able to run ArmA in april this year I got a taste for playing Domination. The only problem was that servers started to disapear only to be replaced be some silly zombie mission which I didn't really cared for. Well one night I deccided the give this zombie nonsens a try and haven't played much else since then. :P

• Like 1

Just for DayZ.

I'm not really a fan of modern military sims, I've always been more of a WWII tank sim guy myself. I had tried the demo a couple of times on recommendations of my friends, but always decided against the purchase. Iron Front: Liberation 1944 (which is on the Arma engine) came out and I picked that up, and the dudes I was playing with kept mentioning this DayZ mod. I remember asking if it was a daisy picking simulator.

• Like 1

I would not have purchased Arma 2 for the base game itself, but I did enjoy the base game when I played Arma 2 Free. I just wouldn't have gotten the game if it wasn't for DayZ's inclusion.

I thought ArmA was a dads game and I would hate it :0

• Like 1

I bought Arma2:Combined Ops just for Dayz, but later i discovered that really good mods are done for the game, like Takistan Life

Never found people to play the game as it is however, I'd love to go through a real user-made mission with a group

The game definitely is good itself, and it's one of the best mod-able there seems to be, having a potential for giant maps and realistic gunplay

I thought ArmA was a dads game and I would hate it :0

Naughty boy, off to bed and no supper for you!

L

• Like 1

My friend bought me ArmA 2 CO while it was on the 50% off Steam sale. I had never heard of DayZ until about two weeks into playing ArmA. I got into DayZ for about a week until I kept seeing hackers everywhere. Now if I have to deal with dumbass shit, I'd rather deal with lamely edited scripts.

DayZ isn't any fun with hackers.

With that in mind McGuyver hop on over the "Private Hive" thread and find yourself a well run private server.

I would not have purchased Arma 2 for the base game itself, but I did enjoy the base game when I played Arma 2 Free. I just wouldn't have gotten the game if it wasn't for DayZ's inclusion.

Arma 2Free doesn't include much of the base game. Sorry for being pedantic, just keeping things clear.

With that in mind McGuyver hop on over the "Private Hive" thread and find yourself a well run private server.

I may just have to. Are the integrity of the locked servers generally more honest? I've seen quite a few hives where the admins of the server make themselves bases with ammo crates :blush:

Yes, in general they're much better. Remember though that a server is only as good as the admin, and to be honest there are some shit admins around. If you find a good one though it really will solve the hacking issue you've been having though. Take a look through the "private Hive" section and try to find a server that looks well established with a good community, that's a good sign they're doing something right. Pm me if you get stuck.

Anyhoo, back on topic.

I wont lie, I bought it for DayZ. But i play regular arma a lot now, Wasteland as well. all in all it was a good buy

I bought it for DayZ, but like many people i found the ArmA game semi-adequate

ArmA 3 looks awesome graphics wise, but they still have the bend over animation...when i saw the demo with the guy taking someone's clothes, i was like, "custom animation, custom animation, custom animation....FUCK!"

Griff, our overlord and forum master, actually bought ArmA2 for me because I was already super keen on giving it a go. I played a bit before DayZ but no where near as much as I do now. I love the game though, fucking awesome and underrated as an MP game

I bought it for DayZ. I played Arma 1 way back in the past but I really didn't care much about Arma 2. I think I'll play some Arma 2 now.

I did, I was busy on the hampster wheel of the current MMO trends. I played Operation Flashpoint tho, and I remember i thought about buying it but as stated i was chasing the never obtainable carrot.