Sign in to follow this  
TheThinkTanker

Proof that Standalone will be delayed till 2013?

damn, me too, but one has to appreciate our colonial cousins...

God, I can't wait, this is like waiting for the return of Saint Christ...

I'd crawl across 2 miles of broken glass without a shirt just to eat the corn out of the poo of the . . . .ahh err . . . can't wait. :blush:

I really don't understand why everyone is so damn impatient - WE HAVE DAYZ MOD!! - We even have tonne of maps and server variants - just have fun with DayZ MOD now and enjoy your Christmas, when the SA comes out, you'll know it.

• Like 3

I really don't understand why everyone is so damn impatient - WE HAVE DAYZ MOD!! - We even have tonne of maps and server variants - just have fun with DayZ MOD now and enjoy your Christmas, when the SA comes out, you'll know it.

For me its to see the new zombies. Im not talking about the models, i'm not even talking about animations, Im talking about the AI where they hopefully aren't so glitchy. Thats the biggest thing i want to see.

With a fix like that I can imagine the whole dynamic, pvp included changing and having that '3rd party' that can shake things up.

Edited by Bricks

I'm linking all those who go overboard with impatience the following meditation instructional video. A :beans: to the mods for being patient with the impatience of many. A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

haha all it says is happy new year basically :lol:

someone trying to decify fook all :P

my dog ate a squirrel this morning means dayz must be close :o

Proof that the standalone is going to be awesome, no matter when it comes out:

For me its to see the new zombies. Im not talking about the models, i'm not even talking about animations, Im talking about the AI where they hopefully aren't so glitchy. Thats the biggest thing i want to see.

With a fix like that I can imagine the whole dynamic, pvp included changing and having that '3rd party' that can shake things up.

Well, I asked Rocket in twitter about de zombie spawn system a few weeks ago and that was the answer:

Q: Don't know if you could answer that... In the SA we can expect the zombie spawn system will be like in the mod?

A: No, but the zombies will be an ongoing project. Don't expect them to be "right" for a long time. We'll keep improving them

Honestly if they need more time to make the game better than they can delay it as long as they like. I'd rather the game be nice and polished and not rushed and glitchy. The community is doing a great job right now producing updates and new maps for the mod. They're plenty of things to do in DayZ to keep someone occupied till SA. Just use your imagination.

Today me and some friends are going to load up our cars and head to the shore to give some new spawns gear. Considering they're probably going to be a good chunk of new players since it's Christmas, giving rides to new players and helping them could be something to do.

Everything is cool, i dont blame devs for not keeping up with the estimated release in Dec, coz they dont want to risk giving out total bs/bugfest. Tho im quite afraid that they will think if they couldnt keep the Dec release date, maybe they can work some more on the game and release it in few months and then people will lose interest, coz as we know the wave of interest dayz is surfing right now may end sometime :/ Ofcrouse im not offending or demanding or w/e shit you want to imply that im doing so you can hate me on few next posts. What im afraid most is that the playerbase will shrink greatly coz of the delay and that will have impact on gameplay q.q

Sincerely,

Lucas

i dont blame devs for not keeping up with the estimated release in Dec, coz they dont want to risk giving out total bs/bugfest.

They haven't even given us a reason why the game SA was delayed.

Seriously, this is starting to piss me off. Why do people assume that the longer the game is in development, the less buggy it will be? For all we know, they're all sitting down with thumbs up their arses and leaving the game to gather dust. Quality over quantity my friend.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

The one and only thing that pisses my off about devs is making riddles, which head toward ppl trying to solve them and then start to insulftfest over whos interpretation is better..

Sincerely,

Lucas

And Merry Christmas to you all:) Hope you will spend it with family and stay healthy:)

I would much rather wait until January, or hell, even February or March for a complete, fun, nearly bug-free game than to receive it now in unsatisfactory condition. Rocket only gets one chance to make a really good first impression. He should take his time.

I would much rather wait until January, or hell, even February or March for a complete, fun, nearly bug-free game than to receive it now in unsatisfactory condition. Rocket only gets one chance to make a really good first impression. He should take his time.

Seriously, this is starting to piss me off. Why do people assume that the longer the game is in development, the less buggy it will be? For all we know, they're all sitting down with thumbs up their arses and leaving the game to gather dust. Quality over quantity my friend.

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg?1316330080

I just hope that you're trolling.

Even so, Rocket stated that the SA release will not be completed.

Edited by Frankenstein's Monster

"I could say "it has been delayed" but what has been delayed? there are many forms and ways to release something. The fact is, there are many things we COULD do, and we're checking to see that what we can do is the best for where we want to be in a few months time.

So saying it will be delayed would be incorrect, as it may not be delayed. But exactly how, what, and in what way of release - all these things need to be considered against how they factor into future releases. It is not only me, or even the dev team, who make those decisions so there are many stakeholders. I could announce all these things but it is unfair until all those stakeholders involved have a chance to input as they are affected (or some, such as Steam, required to do some work as part of it).

if you wish to to say something is delayed, you must first invent the universe :P

Merry Christmas folks

I just want these guys to take thier time. I have seen too many games rushed and ruined already this year, especially Resident Evil 6..

Well, when you say something like, "I wouldn't like DayZ to be out by the end of the year, it has to be" and then he goes on that point also saying it has to be out by the end of the year. You should PROBABLY keep that "date" whether is was for alpha, beta, or whatever the hell, just release a working and good ALPHA build. They have had a big chunk of time, and dont get me wrong it is hard to do, but if you make promises you should keep them.

That is my opinion.

• Like 1

I think that they should take as much time as they need to deliver the best game possible free of bugs

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg?1316330080

I just hope that you're trolling.

Even so, Rocket stated that the SA release will not be completed.

Not trying to flame here, but how does quoting one of your own posts nullify anything that I said?

Also, when I said 'complete' game, I was well aware of the nature of the release. This game, much like minecraft, will be constantly updated to counter bugs, glitches, and to add new features (which will in turn add more bugs and glitches.) By 'complete' I meant that the game would actually be playable upon initial release. As sometimes the initial release of a game can reveal a game-breaking flaw that the developers overlooked due to insufficient testing.

I don't see how one can delay something without an official release date. (Although I can see how some "missread" it :) )

Rocket said "It has to be out before the end of the year, theres no we hope it will be out by the end of the year..... we have no choice it just has to be!"

Not official release date no, still it is clear DayZ has been delayed.

Edited by ow1

Many gamers I know (both PC and console have heard of neither) It's a bugger when I try and show off.

L: Hey, I'm a mod in the "official" forums in one of the biggest upcoming games!

Firend: Wow, whats that, lok?

L: DAY-Z

F: What?

L: umm daysie?

F: Who?

L: Oh, forget it! Come-on Lynn, these people are starting to annoy me. *drives off in a huff*

Rgds

LoK

OrLoK says - don't take this out of context folks the cnp misses out info...

Edited by orlok