T8TRG8TR

Hackers any better?

I quit playing DayZ in late August because I was tired of hackers/my GPU broke/started college. I finally got my GPU fixed over break and I want to start playing again, since my friends and I had such a good time playing it even with the terrible hacking. Has the hacking gotten any better? In August it could be near unplayable because hacking was rampant.

Just play on private servers more. You are less likely to find them there, but really, nothing in particular has changed to combat them other than since then, the game is out of that initial hype phase, so less people are playing.

No, they're still here.... somewhere in hiding!

I've said too much, run while you can! If you don't, they'll teleport behind you and-

Welch was killed.

I use to rq all the time due to hackers, but now I choose to go on unpopulated servers with 10 - 20 people & I have not encountered a hacker in months. Although yes, surprisingly enough it appears hacker numbers have reduced, yet again maybe thats just me. Good day.

From my experience, the amount of hacking has been greatly reduced. I get teleported rarely and I haven't run into any godmode hacks so that's good. The most frustrating thing would have to be the combat logging. Although they've added a system to help combat that, it isn't perfect.

However, it's a good time to play. There are countless private hive servers to choose from with about 10 maps. I'd give it a try.

Just play on a whitelisted private hive. Then again, I've managed to find a no hack- public server.

try servers with a good anti hack system, hard to find, but yeah there are a few ... also not bad to have all possible ban list on the server, try my servers out, allmost hack free ^^ and with over 3000 bans on the list

That's pretty unanimous, no need for anymore Hecking Topics it seems.

They still try, I see quite often BE kicking in and then kicking out.

The last one I saw get on the server was about 3 weeks ago, nothing nasty just a retro debug monitor.

Facts:

1) There's no working anticheat, neither official (BE) nor private (Gotcha/Antihax.. whatever);

2) There's many public cheats available, and because of this the current number of cheaters are around 13% of active player (that was calculated in Nov by me);

You have two option to try to play with less trouble: find a server with active/good admins, or play on a whitelisted server. Neither of those will give you a free-cheaters experience.

On a public servers you will have mass-kills time to time for obvious reasons (the cheater eventually may be identified after the cheat happened, but this won't happens in any case), but on the other side you have more like a true dayz experience, because you can play with unknown and random survivors. On a whitelisted server you wouldn't have much mass-kill (coz most of them would be banned; but some remains, since if you use a bypass and you really know what you're doing you can mass-kill or teleport ppl without giving ANY chance for the admin to find you), but on the other side you'll be stuck to play always with the same ppl, and gives you a different experience after a while (i find it someway boring), and there still "smart" cheaters (as i call them) there, they are those ones that won't remote kill you, or spawn stuff, or teleports, but they uses an ESP: they passively cheats with "radars" (call em wallhack..) having an huge advantage over you, without you knowing they are cheating.

Conclusion: there's NO WAY to have a cheater-free experience in DayZ, as it is probably one of the most "hacked" FPS (due to its engine nature) these times. Live with it, atm there's no solution. Nor that i expect the standalone to be free of cheaters (you still have ESP, autoaim, wallhack, ecc.; probably only the script-based cheats will be eliminated/reduced).

On a whitelisted server you wouldn't have much mass-kill (coz most of them would be banned; but some remains, since if you use a bypass and you really know what you're doing you can mass-kill or teleport ppl without giving ANY chance for the admin to find you), but on the other side you'll be stuck to play always with the same ppl, and gives you a different experience after a while (i find it someway boring)

Erm...the "bypass" isn't related to whitelisting...whitelisting is done externally to the game and by actual humans [in this case admins/owners]. Whitelisting doesn't ban people...it's the process that allows you access to the server, lol.

If you have good, intelligent admins/whitelisters then you can make your server 99% hack free.

Edited by Inception.

Erm...the "bypass" isn't related to whitelisting...whitelisting is done externally to the game and by actual humans [in this case admins/owners]. Whitelisting doesn't ban people...it's the process that allows you access to the server, lol.

If you have good, intelligent admins/whitelisters then you can make your server 99% hack free.

Not sure what you mean.. the white list (as the name suggests) is the list of allowed GUIDs, so the admin(s) can decide who to join or don't. It doesn't mean you prevent cheaters from joining your server, it only means that you will allow ppl that YOU (the admin) believe aren't cheaters. Unfortunately in my experience i learned that many of "most respected" players can cheat like anyone else, but usually they are smart enough (there you have the term "smart cheater") to not being caught, at least not easily. So on a whitelist server you can have even ppl mass-teleporting, without you can figure who is the guilty user (a bypass is used to hide any trace of the script execution, that's why i've mentioned it). But (luckily) most of those "smart cheaters" doesn't do obvious hacks: they doesn't kill anyone, neither they teleports.. they just use ESP, wallhack, autoaim, partial god mode (reduced damage) .. so they look like legit good players, while in fact they are cheaters. Sometime they are even worse than the dumb cheaters because you rarely have a prove of them cheating.. and so they can be even more frustrating than the 12yo kids.

To resume: whitelisted server doesn't mean having a free-cheaters experience, it only means having a closed community (and this is already changing the traditional DayZ experience) with not "obvious" cheaters (limite mass kills etc.).. but the cheaters are there as well. ;)

Not sure what you mean.. the white list (as the name suggests) is the list of allowed GUIDs, so the admin(s) can decide who to join or don't. It doesn't mean you prevent cheaters from joining your server, it only means that you will allow ppl that YOU (the admin) believe aren't cheaters. Unfortunately in my experience i learned that many of "most respected" players can cheat like anyone else, but usually they are smart enough (there you have the term "smart cheater") to not being caught, at least not easily. So on a whitelist server you can have even ppl mass-teleporting, without you can figure who is the guilty user (a bypass is used to hide any trace of the script execution, that's why i've mentioned it). But (luckily) most of those "smart cheaters" doesn't do obvious hacks: they doesn't kill anyone, neither they teleports.. they just use ESP, wallhack, autoaim, partial god mode (reduced damage) .. so they look like legit good players, while in fact they are cheaters. Sometime they are even worse than the dumb cheaters because you rarely have a prove of them cheating.. and so they can be even more frustrating than the 12yo kids.

To resume: whitelisted server doesn't mean having a free-cheaters experience, it only means having a closed community (and this is already changing the traditional DayZ experience) with not "obvious" cheaters (limite mass kills etc.).. but the cheaters are there as well. ;)

Hmm, I must have misread and/or misinterpreted your original post.

Well, I help run a whitelisted Private Hive, and it hasn't been hacked for over 3 months now. We pretty much don't allow anyone who has a hacking background for security [obviously].

Partial God-Mode? I know the damage that almost every single weapon in DayZ deals, so that doesn't work on me.

But anyway.