Skinny_Man

This is how you balance bloodsuckers on namalsk (Because they need it)

You had to get inside before, The EVR is stupid, and you contradict yourself entirely,

Another that can't read a thread . . . . . derrp.

And I quote . . .Dec 22-- 8:19AM . . . "EDIT: I just found out that possibly being indoors saves you damage from EVR? If that's the case, it's not nearly as bad as I thought. Forgive my ignorance but I've never played Stalker or been told about it by anyone till 5 min. ago. Makes the deep woods more dangerous. Brings more players closer to buildings for me to kill. Like." Color and size for emphasis.

Look up the word "contradiction". I don't think you are clear on what it means. It is only stupid to bambis. If you chose to be a bambi then that's on you.

Another that can't read a thread . . . . . derrp.

And I quote . . .Dec 22-- 8:19AM . . . "EDIT: I just found out that possibly being indoors saves you damage from EVR? If that's the case, it's not nearly as bad as I thought. Forgive my ignorance but I've never played Stalker or been told about it by anyone till 5 min. ago. Makes the deep woods more dangerous. Brings more players closer to buildings for me to kill. Like." Color and size for emphasis.

Look up the word "contradiction". I don't think you are clear on what it means. It is only stupid to bambis. If you chose to be a bambi then that's on you.

Why does the fact that someone didn't know about it change the fact that you still had to be indoors to avoid damage?

Nah, it is just stupid. Plain and simple. Adds nothing whatsoever to the game.

Try not to be so incredibly snotty, especially when you are wrong about you having contradicted yourself.

The EVR will seem stupid unless you are NOT a bambi. To a bandit it's good news.

Pure contradiction. Maybe learn English before trying such complex discussions.

I know what the word means, but then again I have an education. Seems to be where we differ, yankee.

Edited by Dankine

Why does the fact that someone didn't know about it change the fact that you still had to be indoors to avoid damage?

Nah, it is just stupid. Plain and simple. Adds nothing whatsoever to the game.

Try not to be so incredibly snotty, especially when you are wrong about you having contradicted yourself.

Pure contradiction. Maybe learn English before trying such complex discussions.

I know what the word means, but then again I have an education. Seems to be where we differ, yankee.

Because I formulated an opinion while not being in possession of all the facts. Hence part of the reason for my "please forgive my ignorance' statement. If I knew BEFORE hand that you had to be inside and said I didn't like it, THEN said I liked it, that would be a contradiction. Maybe you shoulda went to a better school ? Continuing with 'still contradiction derp' when that contradiction is not negative in the slightest, fronts off your butthurt.

If making a better decision after receiving pertinent facts is a contradiction then contradiction is a good thing and you fail by bringing it up in a negative light. I hope that's not past your 'non-yankee' education and you can fully understand all it's meanings.

Once again 'adds nothing' is either a bambi statement or someone incapable of understanding how forcing players inside WILL EFFECT THE FREQUENCY of player contact AND how that will effect the frequency of bandit skins. Do you even play this game?

I wouldn't be snotty except for derpshits that don't read threads before posting

Yes. A 5th grade education does differ from mine. You can try to be clever and say mines below that (helping to prove my words . . .lol )but you would fail more.

Continue if you feel the need but at some point you will understand how you look continuing to bad mouth 2 upgrades on one map. Im giving reasons why and all you have is ' hurr durr pointless'. How about using some of that 'non-yankee' eduaction and actually say something of value about the topic? If you can't understand that then define what you mean by 'pointless' keeping in mind I have given AT LEAST one valid reason from a bandits point of view. I'm starting to feel that you hate bandits and are a bambi yourself. LOL That's perfectly fine if you are. I feed on bambis. Makes them better players.

Ham and swiss on rye will work. :P

EDIT: resize for Dankine

Edited by NoyZ

On a scale of 1-10, how unbalanced are the bloodsuckers? I ask because I'm going to try Namalsk again, but with the new patch later.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

On a scale of 1-10, how unbalanced are the bloodsuckers? I ask because I'm going to try Namalsk again, but with the new patch later.

I would say 3 to the easy side. Killed 2 yesterday with a hatchet. The .73 patch has changed this but DayZ Commander doesn't have it available yet. I would wait till it becomes available before deciding for or against another update. = ))

Because I formulated an opinion while not being in possession of all the facts. Hence part of the reason for my "please forgive my ignorance' statement. If I knew BEFORE hand that you had to be inside and said I didn't like it, THEN said I liked it, that would be a contradiction. Maybe you shoulda went to a better school ? Continuing with 'still contradiction derp' when that contradiction is not negative in the slightest, fronts off your butthurt. If making a better decision after receiving pertinent facts is a contradiction then contradiction is a good thing and you fail by bringing it up in a negative light. I hope that's not past your 'non-yankee' education and you can fully understand all it's meanings.

Once again 'adds nothing' is either a bambi statement or someone incapable of understanding how forcing players inside WILL EFFECT THE FREQUENCY of player contact AND how that will effect the frequency of bandit skins. Do you even play this game?

I wouldn't be snotty except for derpshits that don't read threads before posting

Yes. A 5th grade education does differ from mine. You can try to be clever and say mines below that (helping to prove my words . . .lol )but you would fail more.

Continue if you feel the need but at some point you will understand how you look continuing to bad mouth 2 upgrades on one map. Im giving reasons why and all you have is ' hurr durr pointless'. How about using some of that 'non-yankee' eduaction and actually say something of value about the topic? If you can't understand that then define what you mean by 'pointless' keeping in mind I have given AT LEAST one valid reason from a bandits point of view. I'm starting to feel that you hate bandits and are a bambi yourself. LOL That's perfectly fine if you are. I feed on bambis. Makes them better players.

Ham and swiss on rye will work. :P

You still can't grasp how you contradicted yourself. Nothing to do with the inside/outside thing. I even highlighted it for you so it would be super clear. Remember that little point about education? Comprehension is a big part of that, A skill you appear to not possess.

Am not arguing with someone who can't even understand the argument. As you've demonstrated you don't on two separate occasions now.

Saying "Maybe you should have went (sic) to a better school" is just pure irony. Cretin.

Edited by Dankine

LOL@highlite fail.

Still can't defend your 'pointless' position I see. I am nearly 100% correct in sensing when noobs just say words without the ability to debate their own position. You forget that there are others here not as blind as you.

I'm done with your desperate clinging to a position you yourself are incapable of defending. I guess I can look forward to you NOT being anywhere around me on these Namalsk maps and if I do, it would mean your death, which I am fine with. Go ahead and dig some more but I'm done and will only respond to those who can make posts that have some sort of value to add to the topic.

"You know how light travels faster than the speed of sound? That's why you appear bright . . . till you talk."

. . . . A grilled ham and swiss on rye . . . and there'd better be an image of Rockets face on the bread.

Edited by NoyZ

Lets see...

-exceptionally hardy

-weird spawning

-sound like a fucking T-rex

-kill you quickly

-invisible

-have a nasty habit of phasing through walls

A slight nerf may be in order.

• Like 1

Dayz commander now has the new namalsk update. I will continue to give feedback on bloodsuckers in this thread if needed. Lets hope they are better than before.

Cheers :D

They need to be visible before you aggro them and we need some kind of indication of what aggros them.

I was fired upon near the Brensk railway yard earlier and hid in a building for a while. I heard the t rex noise and some gunfire and then I think my attacker died. I waited a few minutes before I went downstairs and when I did... I was immediately killed by an entire room full of Bloodsuckers. I counted 8 before I got the you have died screen. I had no idea I had even aggroed anything because I was prone in a building for around 10 minutes.

I had a supressed g36c and was crouch walking the entire time. Some indication as to how i aggroed that many would be great.

P.s. I was also hit by the superweapon thing with no warning. One second me and my friend are getting out of our car and the next an explosion happens and then we are unconscious on the ground.

Edited by bassist05

The bloodsuckers need to be really changed. Are they just always invisible? I never see them till I hear the tell-tale signs, which aren't the same as what they should be (When running they have heavy breathing so you know they are rushing at you, they don't have this right now), they are generally too silent most of the time and are supposed to be much louder generally, and they need to not be completely invisible. They need to be only partially invisible or have an outline, since it's damn near impossible to spot their eyes. Being a longtime STALKER player, they just aren't right yet.

I also question their aggro abilities. I was sneaking up to a base, proning for a good minute or so, trying to get around some zombies, next thing I know, I got a bloodsucker on me and I have to run away after getting hit. I know I didn't aggro it before I went prone, cause it would've been on me right away, which means it must've seen me while proned, but I don't know where it came from.

Bloodsuckers are easy to kill with hatchet, ran into one at Object A2 and he died in 4 hits. Never really ran into more than one at a time so i dunno about frequency.

EMP's are just... weird. I had spawned and 5 minutes later i saw a yellow flash on my screen and my guy fell to the floor, blood went red and i started spinning for 2 minutes non stop. Logged out, back in and then i tried to stand up but my guy crouched and ran around like a zombie. I was just like 'WTF' :huh:

Bloodsuckers are easy to kill with hatchet, ran into one at Object A2 and he died in 4 hits. Never really ran into more than one at a time so i dunno about frequency.

EMP's are just... weird. I had spawned and 5 minutes later i saw a yellow flash on my screen and my guy fell to the floor, blood went red and i started spinning for 2 minutes non stop. Logged out, back in and then i tried to stand up but my guy crouched and ran around like a zombie. I was just like 'WTF' :huh:

His brains blew out ;)

P.S. Wrote into Sumrak's thread my suggestion about bloodsuckers. Think it will help.

Edited by Kpekep2

My server files for namalsk has the option to disable them entirely or manipulate the frequency we elected to keep them for variety but only a 7% chance as opposed to the default of 40%.

b_560_95_1.png

Not with the .73 update. G36 SD took a while to kill him and a couple of hits hurt like frack. Much better than before.

I took a APSI off an admin so I'm good on EVR's. B)

Here's how to balance them; remove them. Bloodsuckers are stupid.

I haven't played that map, but I watched a YouTube video showing Bloodsuckers and the EMP pulse.

Bloodsuckers definitely stupid. Aren't regular zombified humans enough? Why does the map need some sort of Resident Evil supermutant monstrosities with inviso power?

And while all the abandoned military and telecom facilities on many of the maps gives the game a bit of a Dharma Initiative feel. I'm not sure being randomly blasted with some sort of cosmic radiation adds much to the game.

Here's how to balance them; remove them. Bloodsuckers are stupid.

Here's how you can avoid them; PLAY ANOTHER FUCKING MAP!!

NoyZ--and anyone else that's going to follow the path of unnecessary arguing [even though half of it is merely a case of ad hominem], please refrain from doing so. [This is regarding your earlier, now hidden, comments].

Hello there

I believe Inception is busy handing out infractions elsewhere in this thread.

If you guys cant play nice, then you wont be playing here at all.

Be civil.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Here's how you can avoid them; PLAY ANOTHER FUCKING MAP!!

The point of my post was, I very much enjoy the Namalsk map, but bloodsuckers dull down the experience a good bit.

Bloodsuckers definitely add some real danger to the map. Everyone knows zombies aren't remotely a threat in anyway, there's no disputing that. Bloodsuckers have issues that need to be fixed, such as lower frequency, less invisibility, but I like having them in the game, cause they are something to worry about for once, even if you can lose them on stairs lol

I think the spawn rate needs a nerf. Today me friend and I came across 3 in about 5 minutes. Not to mention that you can't shoot at them while running away; so you have to stop, look around, spot them, fire off some shots, they teleport next to you and eat your face. Unless you have an LMG. If you do it's chill.

Yeah they are still overpowered.

Or, some of the time atleast.

Like honestly, lets make a list.

-Teleport through walls

- Invisible until 1 second away from hitting you. i dont know about you but i do not have that fast a reaction time

- They pop up at the WEIRDEST of places, like, i met one while at the tiny little Old Sawmill...wtf?!

- there are waaay too many of em'. i dont know if this is only the server that i,m playing on, but i sometimes find myself jumped by 2 or 3 of these things... Which is simply too much

- OP to fresh spawns. I,m not talking people who have nothing, ofc. they are a thread to completely fresh spawns, but i mean, even with a winchester or akm, you rarely stand a chance

- Stunning you slightly when they hit you. I dont know if this is only for me, but when they hit me, they seem to kinda stop my character from running, for about 0.5 or 1 second, only just enough for them to catch up with me and hit me again, and thus starting the cycle over... now THAT is op

I like them because my clan has granted me a vehicle, so i can just run to that and flee. But sometime, when i lose that vehicle, i,ll be truly fucked.