Sign in to follow this  
vonlinchen

GET BETTER FORUMS!

I suggest that you improve your forums, they are terrible.

How can you hope to create & hold together a gaming community with forums that take 30 seconds to open a link/post/board/thread & half the time 504 on you.

Then there is the posting which takes even longer than browsing and which doesn't even allow you to post images, amazing.

Good job!

Waaaaaaaaaaaah, shut up. Post something useful.

It's a valid complaint and one that we all hope is addressed sooner rather then later. Matt & Rocket know about it so hopefully it gets fixed soon. The last week has been the worst I have seen it. It's horrible.

• Like 4

While he might have been a bit harsh, he's not wrong. The forums have been pretty bad the last few days.

This is pleasantly refreshing - I'm coming from WarZ where if you say ANYTHING negative on their forums you get 1000 fanboys telling you to shut up + reputation down-votes and a 50% chance your thread will be closed by moderators (This happened to me for simply pointing out their ad "buy game play game October" was 1) bad marketing and 2) over a month out of date)

Here moderators blatantly agree there's an issue with forums and tell you that the problem has not gone unnoticed - then they chirp the neigh sayers. Beans for you moderator team!

I'm hoping that BIS can throw some money into the forum server situation, because the Standalone/Foundation/whatever will be under their umbrella. Don't forget that 99.9% of us have not given one cent to maintaining this forum in the form of a game purchase.

It would behoove BIS to do this sooner rather than later, even for the mod... as its obviously the same community being built here that will carry over to their future products.

I'm so freaking tired of people comparing DayZ stuff to WarZ..

A simple cleanup would make the forum much better. Just delete every topic in Graveyard and that will already make it a bit faster.

• Like 1

It's a valid complaint and one that we all hope is addressed sooner rather then later. Matt & Rocket know about it so hopefully it gets fixed soon. The last week has been the worst I have seen it. It's horrible.

ditto.

Hopefully the connection will improve, but for now it is to be dealt with first-hand.

This forum is not going anyway, so patience.

Get used to it, it happens a lot. It has been happening since the big rush of players. I always assumed it was DDos'ing so I just ignored it.

Edited by TheDesigner

The forums really are bad, especially this last week. I tried to open 10 tabs of tutorials today and only like 3 didn't 504/ on me. The rest took fucking 30 seconds to load like the OP said. Not telling you I can't spare 30 seconds, but it gets uncomfortable.

The only thing bad about them is the ridiculously slow response times, inability to post most images and error 504s. Wait... :lol:

Oh: if I want to post an image, I just convert it to .png and that seems to do the trick. Animated gifs also seem to work... but not static ones. <_<

Seems to have been fixed.

DayZ forum performance should be improved soon. Expect some outages over the next few hours though.

http://twitter.com/r...114084114149376

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1