BilboBaggins (DayZ)

Wing Suits in DayZ?

Ok i want your guys opinion on this.

I know some of you guys would wonder why we need these when we have parachutes?Also that it would make it really easy well im here to change your minds.

Here are some reasons

• Make them extremely hard to find(thus making it too easy)
  • They would make the game a little bit more fun than they have made DayZ
  • easier to travel the distance
  • Thus making it too easy you would have to use a heli.
  • Playing the game more is an effect because it would cause players to want to find one so that they could feel as if they are there own human jet

-Some ways would be to make it to where you could actually control how high you would go and easy turning(unlike parachute)

-Invovle weather. Make it to where if you try to fly in the rain with it it would be very hard to control and could mess up your wing suit thus you have to REPAIR it with a specific cloth, etc. (Your choice)

-You can shoot down flying players(allowing them to take there wing suit)(if damaged in shooting they must repair it)

That is all.

-Bilbo-

• Like 1

While we're at it, we should add propeller beanie spawns so we can soar above the ground.

propbeanie.png

• Like 8

No honestly cut it out with all the ridic. comments.

And I like cheese im not talking about far cry im just saying it would be really cool to have plus its not crazy and its realistic.

We could only use it if we were high off the ground and they would only spawn in high mountain areas

And I like cheese im not talking about far cry im just saying it would be really cool to have plus its not crazy and its realistic.

We could only use it if we were high off the ground and they would only spawn in high mountain areas

• Make them extremely hard to find(thus making it too easy)

I can't get passed this. I don't think you know what thus means.

im just saying it would be really cool to have plus its crazy and its not realistic.

Fixed

• Like 1

Wow, disapproval to the max. What's wrong with you guys?? Read before posting, or give some real reasons why you don't approve.

While we're at it, we should add propeller beanie spawns so we can soar above the ground.

Atleast his idea is more realistic.

I'd support this, but only in standalone. Arma 2 doesn't support jumping, so if I wanted to jump off a mountain and get a bit of distance initially, I wouldn't be able to. But this, in conjunction with this suggestion could be the makings of Bandit's Creed... :D

I don't understand some people's logic. "No, no, graveyard the Wing Suit suggestion, but beans to the guy who suggested strictly having PvE-Only servers in a game where the core elements are tied into PvP!" If you want to know some suggestions that "are just not needed", then there it is. Go play Harvest Moon if you don't like bandits.

/minirant

Edited by GotBeanZ
  • Like 2

^EDIT^

Ok i want your guys opinion on this.

I know some of you guys would wonder why we need these when we have parachutes?Also that it would make it really easy well im here to change your minds.

Here are some reasons

• Make them extremely hard to find(thus keeping the game from being to easy)
  • They would make the game a little bit more fun than they have made DayZ
  • easier to travel the distance
  • To keep from making the game to easy you can not just fly anywhere only by jumping from helis. or tall mountains.
  • Playing the game more is an effect because it would cause players to want to find one so that they could feel as if they are there own human jet

-Some ways would be to make it to where you could actually control how high you would go and easy turning(unlike parachute)

-Invovle weather. Make it to where if you try to fly in the rain with it it would be very hard to control and could mess up your wing suit thus you have to REPAIR it with a specific cloth, etc. (Your choice)

-You can shoot down flying players(allowing them to take there wing suit)(if damaged in shooting they must repair it)

That is all.

-Bilbo-

And I like cheese

not sure if trolling..

Edited by Creep-
  • Like 1

Wow, disapproval to the max. What's wrong with you guys?? Read before posting, or give some real reasons why you don't approve.

Atleast his idea is more realistic.

I'd support this, but only in standalone. Arma 2 doesn't support jumping, so if I wanted to jump off a mountain and get a bit of distance initially, I wouldn't be able to. But this, in conjunction with this suggestion could be the makings of Bandit's Creed... :D

I don't understand some people's logic. "No, no, graveyard the Wing Suit suggestion, but beans to the guy who suggested PvE servers in a game where the core element is tied into PvP!" If you want to know some suggestions that "are just not needed", then there you go.

Thanks man. I was hoping this might get into dayz standalone.

Also what is your take on my unique idea do you think its crazy?

What advantages would it have and what disadvantages would it have.

Would it be good for the game OR Bad for the game?

Also what is your take on my idea do you think its crazy?

What advantages would it have and what disadvantages would it have?

Would it be good for the game OR Bad for the game?

I do think it's a little bit crazy... I'm not entirely sure you'd actually see wing-suiting bandit assassins in a real zombie apocalypse (although there always is that one oddball psycho out there, amirite?), but it could have some very rewarding gameplay.

Imagine you're the guy who just spawned and found a wingsuit and a hatchet in cherno, maybe you'd climb up a building, wingsuit onto the next one, and get revenge on the ghillied sniper who killed you the last life (and then break your legs on the ladder as you climb down :lol:). Seriously exciting stuff, although realistically you shouldn't be able to find a wingsuit immediately.

Edited by GotBeanZ

Its a ridiculous idea.You're supposed to be a normal guy in a zombie apocalypse.There would be no way you wouyld jump off a mountain in a wing suit for fear of it not working.If you want a high octane game go play Far Cry 3 like someone suggested.

Its a ridiculous idea.You're supposed to be a normal guy in a zombie apocalypse.There would be no way you wouyld jump off a mountain in a wing suit for fear of it not working.If you want a high octane game go play Far Cry 3 like someone suggested.

Compared to a normal guy in a zombie apocalypse who knows how to use every weapon, military gadget, explosive, vehicle as well as knowing how to repair everything, hunt and track and also how to fix yourself from any and every medical condition with all the medical supplies you find.

it isn't THAT ridiculous.

Edited by Hartraft
  • Like 1

Hello there

The lack of the right kind of terrain in Cherno might be an issue.

There are scripts for HALO, which is close to that which you are describing, but you'd need the right kit ('chute, big old plane etc) so keeping to the ethos, it's a little unlikely.

It's a fun little idea but not really practical or in keeping with the DAYZ feel IMHO.

Keep the ideas coming though.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1