melexm

Namalsk 0.72 is too HARD

Well I've just played about 4 hours in the new version 0.72 of namalsk,

I was thrilled to hear the new additions to the map.

But after playing I am feeling like the game is really hard, and disappointing.

I can't move without getting about 7 blood suckers on me, and after that when I run away from them the EVR starts to go (and its really fast, I mean really, I can't get to any building fast enough).

I think the bloodsuckers should be less spawned and possibly visible (from about 50 meters? - at least).

And the EVR should show signs of occurrences about 3-5 minutes before it starts...

Well I wanted to hear your opinion.

Thanks in advance

Bloodsuckers... EVR...

What the f-

I'm going to have to try this out. I'll let you know how my experience goes.

Bloodsuckers... EVR...

What the f-

I'm going to have to try this out. I'll let you know how my experience goes.

Have fun dying.... :/

i can confirm the thing about the bloodsuckers. You'll meet the sons of bitches not long after you spawn. they are some scary motherfuckers and it doesn't help that they take aprox 2K HP in one hit. Oh, and yeah, they're fucking invisible...

screw bloodsuckers i can handle them guys no probs with my quickscope, its the dick suckers that are the real problems

You'll meet those cocksuckers preeeetty darn fast. 2K hit? Fine. Invisible until moment of attack? The charge is easily dodged, so fine. Well, that is... All those things would be fine if these bloodcocksucking ultrazombies weren't more common than the standard zombie for crying out load! I was wandering in some forest when 10 of these beasts attacked me. Easy to take down, just keep running in circles until one of them appears and shoot the bastard, repeat.

Screenshots for the sceptics:

http://bildeopplaster.no/17Y

http://bildeopplaster.no/17Z

http://bildeopplaster.no/17a

IMO one should't encounter one of these more than maybe a few times a day, never more than 2-3 at a time. Increase the hit-damage if you must. I seriously thought these were supposed to be scary ass shit slightly-overpowered and utterly rare zombies. But I guess not. First time I heard one I peed my pants, and when I eventually saw it I shat myself. Now it's like any other zombie. Btw I also agree with OP about the Blowout, should be some various kinds of discreet warnings a couple of minutes before it happens. As of now it's game over if you're 200m away from the nearest building.

Edited by Vaskern

And I was just thinking of playing the new version of Namalsk... But yeah the bloodsuckers should be relatively rare,

not sure what the EVR is but it is seemingly some event that negatively affects you and has no warning? that just makes it into a game of chance....

And I was just thinking of playing the new version of Namalsk... But yeah the bloodsuckers should be relatively rare,

not sure what the EVR is but it is seemingly some event that negatively affects you and has no warning? that just makes it into a game of chance....

I think the EVR is that nuke thing, when suddenly you just see lighting, like in a storm, and a huge thunders, BOOM and then another BOOOOOOM, and then like GGGRRRHUUAAAAAAAAA, then the sky changes it's color and there's this big final BOOM... and well, as far as I can tell if you're not in a building you simply die. End of story. And it's so much retarded, I mean like we don't have enough kill on sight idiots and hackers...

And for the c*cksuckers, well.. they are scary motherfuckers, but once you kill one you aren't afraid of them at all. They are even more glitched as normal zombies, and as far as I can tell, they can't even hit you if you simply move, go to a building, climb up the stairs or anything... oh and in the night you can ee their eyes glowing even when invisible

My experiences.

Spawn 1.

Oh look I spawn with an M9 sd. Can't shoot or reload it though. Guy runs up to me, VoN in direct chat. Tells me I have to drop it and pick it back up. I do so, it now works however he took the opportunity to repeatedly shoot me with his own m9.

Spawn 2.

Encounter first bloodsucker on a mountain. Manage to take down with about 4 shots from the m9, he didn't even manage to hit me. Doesn't seem so hard. Next one I came across. 5 clips of m9 with multiple headshots and he just wouldn't die, took me down to almost no blood so I decided to just run away. Few minutes later make it to Object All and decide to check it out. Climb down the ladder and immediately die from someone with an AK.

I'd say they need a nerf.

One of these three ways would do it IMO.

- Less health so they're easy to take down.

- Once they make themselves visible they can't go invisible again.

- They do less damage than they currently do.

• Like 1

Okey so I've been playing some more since the 10 cocksucker incident. An heh well, ran down into som industrial area and whoala, 2 more. Killed those, ran back into the forest and guess what awaited? 1 more cocksucker. Checked out a deerstand outside Object All and BOOM 6 cocksuckers and in the middle of the killing-process there's a freakin' EVR. Forest so no cover. Lay down? Yeah, with 6 of those things around me. So I disconnected. This isn't fun. And the bloodsucker is, no overstatement, more common than a regular zombie.

It's ridiculous.

Edited by Vaskern

srsly, you're ranting about bloodsuckers? what about those retarded EVR nukes?? I am in a building and I still drop to the floor, unable to do ANYTHING, I can't type in chat, can't press esc, it's like I'd be uncouscious... wtf? Every single time.. I can onyl quit the game through alt+f4... great, absolutely great

So uhm... Just died with looooooots of gear from 6 new COCKSUCKERS from fucking nowhere. Got hit once, had low blood from previous attacks. They are everywhere, and there are plenty of them at the same place for fucks sake.

Spidey: I've only experienced the EVR once so can't really say anything about it. Freshly spawned character as well so I didn't get frustrated. But yeah, same happened to me. I apparantly survived the shitstorm since the Death-screen didn't show, but apparantly I also fell into a coma, because I never stood up and couldn't do shit.

Edited by Vaskern

So how do you think we could bring this up for the devs? so they could make the next version better?

I can confirm, the EVR thing is super retarded, and is enough for me not to waste another minute on this map. Super cool, otherwise. Really liked the environmentals.

I thought the bloodsuckers would be ultra rare, almost a legendary creature like frigging bigfoot. Sounds like they are more common than zombies.

My take on it would be that if you eventually did see one you would crap your pants, not go "Oh, another one!"

• Like 1

Can I just ask, why do you all call it Object "All" when clearly its object AII(thats 2 in roman numerals). I hope its just because you dont care as its pretty easy to determine with Object AI(thats a 1)what it actually means.

Had to disable the EVR .. it's really too much and anytime it happens i "loose" 50% of my users (server goes from 50 to 25) ... i have been forced to disable it.

I tought also that the bloodsuckers were only here and there.. but they are everywhere in a very big number, i'm considering to disabling them as well.

Edited by WalkerDown

Seems like Namalsk just became the most unforgiving child of DayZ.

I gotta check this out once I come out of school.

So how do you think we could bring this up for the devs? so they could make the next version better?

just post in the author´s (Sumrak) Namalsk thread :)

So much whining lol. The bloodsuckers are easy to deal with. for a start they don't come into buildings, you can stand just inside the door and take them out no problem. The evr is the same just get into a building you get knocked out but you don't loose blood. We had a great time all weekend on the map, had a few alt+f4's when the evr came and they got themselves a nice ban for their troubles.

Really looking forward to bliss supporting it.

Bloodsuckers are really bugged and laggy atm... that's the problem. About the EVR.. you have no much time to get covered, that's why i disabled it.

Btw it's not about me.. it's about most of the users, if most of them doesn't like it, you have to listen...

looks like the casual gamer comittee strikes again.

wouldn't mind to also remove zombies and weapons,

i mean who needs zombies and weapons anyways,

just make you die alot, and are totally OP and unbalanced.

add cake instead! cake can't do no harm.

• Like 1

looks like the casual gamer comittee strikes again.

Are you surprised? Casual gamers are about 87% of total gamers (overall), and it's not different in DayZ. It's not they are "wrong", while in fact they are probably right: videogames are used mostly to relax and have some fun... nerds apart. :)

wouldn't mind to also remove zombies and weapons,

Zeds are fine.. weapons.. hmmm... i don't think this big number of weapons are going to give much more fun, IMO the standard weapons are enough.

i mean who needs zombies and weapons anyways,

just make you die alot, and are totally OP and unbalanced.

add cake instead! cake can't do no harm.

The problem is not about the number.. but HOW.. if you die because of a bugged sliding alien with even low-res textures .. then there's nothing cool about it.. you just say: "what's this shit?".

Btw i've disabled this "new" addons until they'll be fixed.. i'm waiting for the buildings fixing now, if it will ever happens or i'll switch to Taviana, i think i gave enough contribution to Namalsk so far.. still at the first place (as european server), but it's getting frustrating these days.

• Like 1

Are you surprised? Casual gamers are about 87% of total gamers (overall), and it's not different in DayZ. It's not they are "wrong", while in fact they are probably right: videogames are used mostly to relax and have some fun... nerds apart. :)

Zeds are fine.. weapons.. hmmm... i don't think this big number of weapons are going to give much more fun, IMO the standard weapons are enough.

The problem is not about the number.. but HOW.. if you die because of a bugged sliding alien with even low-res textures .. then there's nothing cool about it.. you just say: "what's this shit?".

Btw i've disabled this "new" addons until they'll be fixed.. i'm waiting for the buildings fixing now, if it will ever happens or i'll switch to Taviana, i think i gave enough contribution to Namalsk so far.. still at the first place (as european server), but it's getting frustrating these days.

DayZ is not made for casual gamers.

They play it because its new and cool and tough and more difficult then your average bf pwnage.

Then they complain because they don't understand how this game works and just die alot.

Namalsk is made with PvP in mind, thats why we have more weapons then in usual DayZ. More weapons, more PvP.

I just playtested this update, bloodsuckers are easy to kill. A bit too easy for my liking, not a real threat.

Yet have too see what this EVR is all about, might be more of a problem if you're out in the woods with no building in reach.

Good luck with taviana, i guess... LOL

editZ: i want to add, the sound effects from bloodsuckers really gave me the chills. i want more of this, and scary monster models.

Edited by Azrail