PieceOfDust

Why are you not a bandit?

Because I find it much more fun doing other things. I tried being a bandit for a few day's and frankly it's boring. When I became a medic, that's when I first started to really enjoy DayZ. it's also harder to survive that way.

• Like 6

Because I don't take pleasure in killing other people.

Isn't it obvious?

• Like 3

i agree with Fraggle. Things getting harder on the one hand but on the other hand it can reward you to be an friendly.

You slip into cool storys sometimes, meet intresting people, that you wouldnt get to know if you shoot them right in the face.

Edited by Paddy0610
  • Like 2

Ha... I was just about to tell Fraggle that I thought we were the only people online.

Because I don't take pleasure in killing other people.

Isn't it obvious?

You mean you don't feel the adrenaline pumping when you're about to engage a target? You don't enjoy the challenge of hunting someone down? You don't eat the beans of those you kill?

Yup, I've met people that I still play with now by being a medic. Like you say, it makes for much more interesting stories too.

Edit - OP, I'm stalking you ;)

Edited by Fraggle

You mean you don't feel the adrenaline pumping when you're about to engage a target? You don't enjoy the challenge of hunting someone down? You don't eat the beans of those you kill?

I do. And that's what I play Deathmatch games for. In a survival game, survival tends to be my priority.

• Like 2

But you meet them before you decided to shoot everyone right? (meet ingame, not forum ^^)

Hello there

I also find being a bandit, just too easy.

Now, being a bandit with possibly backstory/reputation and creatively robbing folk WITHOUT always killing em, that's quite a challenge.

Don't think it happens though. At least I've never encountered/heard of anything like it.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Ha... I was just about to tell Fraggle that I thought we were the only people online.

I love hunting people down or just stalking them. For me, not being a bandit means not killing for the sake of it. There's still many opportunities for a bit of action, and usually it's more interesting than shooting anything that moves. EG: If there's a bandit or a sniper making peoples lives a nightmare I love nothing more than tracking him down and smiting him, it requires more skill than shooting randoms.

Edited by Fraggle

Deathmatch games are too simple, though. It's more of a challenge to kill people in DayZ than it is in a CS deathmatch server. It's much more rewarding not only because of that, but because of the delicious tears you get when someone loses his precious whatever-he-got-attached-to.

And to explain a bit more, yes I meet plenty of people in game. I usually only kill to get more stuff; if I'm in a friendly mood, I try to avoid people I don't know. The only time I kill purely for the tears is when I happen upon a sniper rifle or satchel charge.

Edited by PieceOfDust

Hello there

I also find being a bandit, just too easy.

Now, being a bandit with possibly backstory/reputation and creatively robbing folk WITHOUT always killing em, that's quite a challenge.

Don't think it happens though. At least I've never encountered/heard of anything like it.

Rgds

LoK

Chances that 2 persons meet each other that will interact this way are pretty low. Almost every time i want to force a Bandit to drop his weapon he goes in rage mode and fires all of his bullets arround. Same goes For being a Bandit trying to rob someon (when i was an bandit for a time^^).

I might actually be a bandit if it wasn't for giving bloodbags/morphine/epi-pens/bandages to the people that I play with. I will add that I only kill if someone either shoots at me or comes between me and my objective. Let's say I had a plan to hit the tents in Stary, and I see someone heading in that direction from a km away; I would kill them because I forsee them causing me problems. I don't go out of my way to shoot someone, but if you are not in my VOIP and heading in the same direction as me, then you as good as dead if I see you first.

Edited by Rhoak

I just prefer having having one target (or a group) and a good reason to hunt them. It helps me justify it and it also requires skill, planning and patience. Much more satisfying when you get the kill than just shooting some random because you got the drop on him.

• Like 2

Yeah, constantly giving blood transfusions has made it difficult for me to keep my bandit skin up. Although wearing a white towel on my head makes me a target, having an invisible backpack more than makes up for it.

I just prefer having having one target (or a group) and a good reason to hunt them. It helps me justify it and it also requires skill, planning and patience. Much more satisfying when you get the kill than just shooting some random because you got the drop on him.

I may have come across as an asshole in that post, but I rarely kill on site for no reason. I have also been in situations where I've taken on 3-4 people in which I provoked the firefight just to see if I could take them solo. These situations were like I said, in that they were in my way of my objective and just because I was alone, I wasn't going to change my playstyle. I would think that these merit some recognition of "requires skill".

Edited by Rhoak

I wouldn't consider the way you play as being a bandit, I'd still call it a survivor. Yes you kill, but only when people are in the way of your goal.

You dont need to be a bandit to do that. you can hunt someone because he has killed a friend, or you just may enjoy killing bandits.

I am not a bandit because well, what are bandits in this game? people that takes advantage of the mod limitations to kill people for fun. Actually being a "bandit" is easier than anything else, because you only need to

a- read side chat

b- camp any high traffic low level zone

c-kill any unarmed players you see

d- betray everyone who wants to team up

Voila, you are a bandit. 0 effort.

Edited by Tourdion

Who said I'm not? And I don't know, I'm not really a specific type of person. I kill others when I have to or need to, but if you're some unarmed player you'll most likely live.

I'm too old to find pleasure in ruining some players hard work. Also too old to find pleasure in killing unarmed players. I'm not too old to defend myself though.

• Like 1

Killing players is old news.

Killing zombies...now that's where it's at.

I need nothing more than an M14 AIM to fulfill my ideal.

And the only supplies I need are Qalnk.jpg

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

Nothing beats being a quite praceful survivor, having one of your friends killed in Berezino, rushing over there, knowing you're little pacifist ass is heading straight for conflict and having the unfortunate luxury of dropping a few m203 40mm high Explosives on their inhumane heads from the top of the Hospital.

Killing players is old news.

Killing zombies...now that's where it's at.

I need nothing more than an M14 AIM to fulfill my ideal.

And the only supplies I need are Qalnk.jpg

This is what I strive for! I play a hero character (Medic) but I also enjoy firing off a few rounds to let off some steam. So, I do this by killing zombies! I take pride in getting atop the zombie kills leaderboard for my server. This lets others know you are an experienced player, without making them think you will shoot them on sight.

• Like 2