nitrius

Low fps after the 1.7.1 update?

So just updated to the newest beta patch and DayZ update, found a 1.7.1 server and joined, and noticed right away that the game is lagging like hell, probably got an fps around 5, from 60+- before the update, and no change in settings either.

Anyone else noticed this?

I have that too. I've had no problems with fps before 1.7.1, anyone with a fix for this?

Same issue here, GPU monitoring shows load never going past 35%, whereas in the previous patch it would fluctuate around 95%...

both me and my friend are getting ~8 fps on all settings atm, we both have good pc's. must be a new problem. guess we'll play pr

Also laggy for me. Uusally have 60+fps on max @2560x1440

Windows 7 64bit

Same here. Horrible lag everywhere, connection and BattleEye issues.

Tried to reinstall BattleEye, no effect.

Steam version of A2:CO

93825 beta patch + 1.7.1

Yep same here. My MSI afterburner tells me that my GPU is almost not working. Only 10 - 20 % capacity used. There must be something wrong with the code.

The FPS issues seem to originate from the 1.7.1 reworked zombie spawns.

Rocket said something about 24-48hours to fix the issue.

Same problem here. The fps was already too low, now it is unplayable.

I just bought the game, and fully updated it for DayZ, currently playing with 12fps. The concept of the game is amazing, but currently it's just not playable.

Speccs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3,20GHz (x6).

GTX570

SSD

I think I should be able to enjoy the game abit more than I currently am? Or is this game really that demanding? o.O

Strictly speaking this isn't a new problem in the slightest, people have been having fps issues for quite some time myself included, there other threads currently running on here about this very issue prior to 1.7.1 and if you google "dayz low fps" just as many threads have been deleted (for whatever reason).

However it would seem that something in 1.7.1 has triggered the issue for many more people now so hopefully it may actually be acknowledged as an issue.

IME change server and you should find one that gives you decent fps.

I think this is quite different from before. As before it was posts about people with high end computer not reaching 60fps or anywhere close to where they should, but still lingering at 40fps or more.

Now theres people who BEFORE reached 60fps or more, lingering around 8 fps to 12fps. But well, im new, so I cant really argue or discuss against people who has been here longer than me. I just hope I will be able to play with above 30fps at a "constant" rate. Which right now, is impossible.

Nope I had the same problem before, relatively high end pc yet my cpu and gpu doing next to nothing hence low fps

Same laggy issue. Remember that the BattleEye 16 error is serverside, you can keep trying until you connect or wait for the admins to fix their servers.

Connected to one of my favorite servers just now. Still lagging like hell, looked up my ping and it was 1600+. Oh boy.

Yep. 99% GPU usage before patch, 20-30% GPU usage after patch. It makes it unplayable and kinda killed my fun with the game. :(