a222

No Wiki for "unofficial" Weapons??

I like to play on unofficial maps like Panthera and Namalsk with addtional weapons and vehicles. But I didn't find any wiki for the weapon statistics. For example, I really would like to know the weapon statistics for the L115A3 LRR or the Sa-61. Is there any way to find out this data (effective range, damage, audible range etc.)?

Even if it's a custom map, the loot tables are by default the same as DayZ's. (Besides that one map that is its own mod. Whatwasitsname.)

If it has custom weapons, it has a custom loot table, and it's not really the Wiki's fault for not having the weapons listed anymore.

You could always look up statics for the weapons from other sites. (Haven't searched for any, so I don't know where to start.)

Look up on the Arma II wiki's, maybe you will get your info there.

I already searched the web, even on the arma 2 wiki there are no weapon statistics. That is really weird.

Edited by a222

Maybe the stats are located in the arma files?

I like to play on unofficial maps like Panthera and Namalsk with addtional weapons and vehicles. But I didn't find any wiki for the weapon statistics. For example, I really would like to know the weapon statistics for the L115A3 LRR or the Sa-61. Is there any way to find out this data (effective range, damage, audible range etc.)?

Did you try the shooting range?

It doesn't give you the numbers, per se, but you can get hands-on time with the guns you're interested in so you can see their effective range, shots per kill, etc.

Edited by OFC_Bill

Really, I'd say not knowing the statistics is part of the experience. It kind of cheapens the experience when you know exactly how much damage an AK-74 bullet will do, for instance. It's the same as kill messages, it kind of makes PvP easy in that you can tell by how many times you shot a guy whether he's dead or not. It's more fun when he could only be unconscious or still alive and you have no idea which it is.

That said, there are some general guidelines you can follow when you have no info. Expect almost every assault rifle and most carbines you come across to be zeroed at 300m. Expect them to do roughly the same damage as other weapons of the class, especially for weapons that utilize a common ammunition. For audible range, fire it. See what comes running. It's how people did it before everyone knew the audible ranges, just be prepared to fight an army of zombies if it's a new dinner bell. Also run like hell afterwards, as someone will no doubt be heading towards where you fired.

You have to use Eliteness to unpack the .pbo file containing the information you want, and then you have to Unrap the config into .cpp and open it in Notepad.

The L115A3 ammunition has a muzzle velocity of 936 m/s (3,071 ft/s). This would suggest the load used is the correct British military one, a 250-gr LockBase B408 bullet at 3,071 ft/s.

The Lapua ammunition penetrates things 2.07 times as well as the 7.62x51mm according to the config. The round does 500 damage if it strikes within 1 cm of the target.

Interestingly, the blood damage the round does is 37,552 blood. That's the same as the .50 BMG used in the M107 and an automatic one-hit kill. The British Armed Forces pack has a different, add-on-specific value for the .50 BMG (B_127x99_Ball_noTracer_BAF) which does 174,205 blood in damage, which is why the AS50 is far more powerful than the M107. (I find this ridiculous as it's more powerful than 14.5x114mm AP or even 25mm HE-I!)

As for the Sa.61, the muzzle velocity is 318 m/s (1,043 ft/s) and the rate of fire is 800 rpm. The round does 500 blood damage. It only penetrates materials 0.25 times as well as a 7.62x51mm. That means in Dayz this bullet would take 24 shots to the body to kill someone. A very, very ineffective weapon.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 2