KyleIsGoofy

Noobiee with questions.. :/

Hello my fellow computer gamers! I've been on the hunt for the best zombie survival game around, and a good friend from my school tells me this is the place to get the baddest, craziest zombie game on the planet. The minute I get done typing this I'm heading to YouTube for some gameplay, but does anybody wanna tell me what exactly i need for this game? Like what to download and computer requirements to ensure no major lagging? I'm on a laptop, is that a bad thing? Maybe a brief discription on what I'm doing the second I get in the game? Thanks guys, hoping to hear some good responces!

Hello. You need following things.

First get Steam if you dont have it.

On steam search for Arma2 combined operations(this is 2 games, Arma2 and Arma2 Operation Arrowhead)

Then you Only need DayZCommander. http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Then go to updates and update everything.

And i play on a laptop myself, toshiba one with 15,4" screen. its perfectly playable but ofcourse i would prefer a desktop :)

My laptop is a i5 quad core 2,2 with some crap ATI graphic card. Its 2 years old. running game on low settings.

• Like 1

Hey thanks Stan! I haven't gotten the laptop yet, Burt, but when i do I'll most likely post them. Can either of you two give me just a brief description of what this mod is? Or can you tell me anything about the actual game DayZ that I've heard about?

Its a zombie survival game with a major focus on PvP...what else needs to be said? Check the thousands of videos on Youtube to get a better idea.

I would suggest not buying ARMA 2 for DayZ, since it's about to come out on standalone very soon. Unless of course you like ARMA 2, in which case i would say, "Go right ahead!" :)

• Like 1

when exacty is the standalone game coming out? and do you know how much the game is going to change with the sdandalone verson? because the videos ive watched on youtube have made me want this EXACT game.

Well as it stands the standalone is due THIS MONTH!. Where expecting to here from the developers if this is still the case or if it has been delayed until 2013. I say give it until the Weekend if no news on the standalone then go for the Arma 2 mod. Arma 2 is a great game in its self. Also standalone is going to be pretty much the same with a lot of improvements and apparently it is going to be $15.

• Like 1

You really, really need to post those laptop or desktop specs(whatever you are getting), because we need to make sure the thing can even run DayZ.

• Like 1

Hello there fellow DayZ gamers! I'm getting closer to getting the mod (I would get the standalone, but all my friends already have the mod and dont plan on buying the standalone.)

ANYWAYSS,

I have a few questions about the "terms" used on DayZ.

How does one become a "Bandit" or a "Survivor"? is it just the fact that bandits kill players and survivors are more friendly?

ANDDD,

After i buy Arma2: Combined Ops. do i have to actually buy the mod? or just download it?

Thanks for the help guys!

• Like 1

Bandits kill other players, while survivors will generally just go about their business collecting guns/cars etc

Once you have bought Arma 2: CO the mod is free to download.

• Like 1

Technically, once you kill/hurt other non-bandit players enough, your "Humanity" will decrease to the point where you'll gain a "bandit skin," which is basically a towel around your head. You can't see your Humanity, but it's there. You can gain humanity by just living, or sharing supplies. (Bandaging, giving morphine or using epi-pen on others, and giving Blood Transfusions.)

But in layman's terms, a bandit is someone who robs other players (only works if they sneak up on your and tell you to drop your weapon, or if they're in a group) or down-right shoot others on sight. No matter what they're doing.

Everybody start off as a Survivor. Survivors have Civilian Clothing on.

If you gain high enough humanity, you gain a "Hero skin," which is a slightly fancier jacket and a scarf around your neck. From what I've heard, they run slightly faster than others, but that's it. These are the kinds of people you can always trust.

• Like 1

Ill post them soon enough guys, im still looking around stores like Best Buy to find a good one. can you give me a few spec requirements im looking for? like memory and stuff?

I can run it smooth online and off on mostly low settings on a stock Toshiba Satellite L735-04D. So look at laptops that are roughly equal to or more powerful than that and you'll be good to go. [edit: that is, assuming you are getting a laptop]

I would wait for the standalone if you can though, the main feature of that is touted to be... less hacking. :lol: Although there's nothing wrong with buying Combined Ops now since it's an awesome game itself for about $20 and you could play DayZ in the meanwhile.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Hey I looked up your Toshiba Satellite L735-04D and the laptop I'm getting has the same memory. That good?

Hey Thanks Guys! I plan on being a survivor and hopefully a Hero! Douche bags who constantly kill people are GAYY. Haha, Thanks for the help!

I have to say, what a friendly and helpful thread! Hi Kyle, I hope you enjoy the dayz mod. And beans to all you nice guys too! :) :beans:

• Like 1

Hey I looked up your Toshiba Satellite L735-04D and the laptop I'm getting has the same memory. That good?

Good enough for me, at least so far. ^_^

Hey thanks, Sula! I love when people are nice and helpful, makes me think this game is full of cool people! You guys give me a good impression on the players.

I got the laptop! Its a HP Pavilion G6 With an AMD Dual-Core Processor, 320GB Hard Drive, 4096MB DDR3 SDRAM, DVD Optical Drive and Windows 8. That's all the box says, Besides a 15.6" Diagonal HD Bright View LED Display and WLAN & Bluetooth. Please tell me that's going to work. Hahaa