Sign in to follow this  
slackboy1

My first Heli crash site

I've been playing about four weeks. As usual, I was going solo, but decided to head north, which is not normal. I stumbled upon my first heli crash site. I saw three zombies. Two were wandering toward me and one was hanging out by the heli. I crawled in between the two walkers, and got to the other side of the heli from the stander. There was a big box of ammo. The stander saw me and came around and I killed him with a single shot from my Winchester. None of the other zombies seemed to notice. So I went around and found an M14 AIM, a FAL and a scoped FAL. I decided with this firepower, I could pick off the other two zombies and take my time. So I grabbed the FAL, shot one, and five more came out of nowhere like a herd of Alpacas. I did the backwards step and shot each. The instant I finished them, six more aggros came out of the heli like it was a freaking Zed clown car. They quickly dispatched me because the spawned right on top of me. Is this normal for a heli crash?

If you kill all zombies at any given spawn, more will just spawn. Make sure to always leave one alive. Additionally, the FAL is incredibly loud... thus it will summon EVERYTHING.

• Like 2

Oh yes best to kill al but one and shoot the last one in the leg so they all dont respawn on you over and over again cheers on your first crash site though

I always wait in cover untill they walked off abit, usually i can just crouch walk to the chopper without a problem.

Remember when swarmed .. keep running and try to hide in a pine tree. Also throwing a smoke grenade can keep them distracted.

Like steak said, dont kill all of them or a new batch will spawn :)

I never kill them. Just crawl in on your belly and take what you want. That usually works for me. Got lots of stuff that way, like a Mk 48 mod 0, bison sd, fn fal and a saw 249, and lots more. :thumbsup:

There's some sort of correlation to the loudness of gunfire actually triggering zed spawns. High powered gunfire (FAL) would do it.

I've noticed it when friends and I would open up our machine guns on zeds. So long as you're in a house and can aim down a hall at the door you can literally just keep killing them as they spawn outside and run to the gunfire.

Maybe the zombies where stuck in the heli. As usually when you get close to a crash sight about 10-12 zombies spawn out.

I notice Zombies get stuck in places quite a bit.

I have encountered groups of 4 of them stuck inside the hunting blinds, blinking out at me like sad owls. They are quite passive even at 15 ft ranges, but don't come too close or try to climb the ladder as they go into a frenzy and manage to spin themselves upside down and outside.

As well, they often seem to spawn inside preferred objectives, like military tents, and certain of the 1 door barns, and they always stay inside, never wander off. Unless you have a silenced pistol or are very good with an axe, don't go in and try to eliminate them because 40 new ones will arrive at the front of the enclosure shortly after you fire the first shot. You might get them to run after a flare, but then you'd be an advertisement for every human with a scope to be on you.

I'm actually starting to feel almost affectionate towards Z's. They remind me of the bad tempered but really stupid bully who I used to tease when I was a kid.

I never die from Z's, just from Hackers and Bandits.

OOPS! Famous last words.... lol

Edited by JimJam

Best to take out a few with a silenced weapon or melee, leaving one alive. Alternatively, you could sneak past all of them. The FAL is a cannon, hence your downfall mate. :)

If you kill all zombies at any given spawn, more will just spawn. Make sure to always leave one alive.

Is this information current and/or is it the same on all private hives? The reason I ask is that I often play with my gf and when we discover a heli crash, assuming we are fairly confident there are no players nearby, we just drop all the zombies and hoover up the loot. I understand it is possible we may have occasionally only wounded one that we assumed was dead but surely not every time? Have we just been lucky or what?

Edited by Bansidhe

I never kill them. Just crawl in on your belly and take what you want. That usually works for me. Got lots of stuff that way, like a Mk 48 mod 0, bison sd, fn fal and a saw 249, and lots more. :thumbsup:

I would be careful while doing this though. I broke my legs crawling over the broken door!

hey mod whoever,

the one who deleted my reply on here (first reply)

if you're gonna do that at least pm me and say what you did't like about my post.

Because everything I said was entirely factual. If you disagree with something in the story I told the OP then say so.

• Like 1

I remember my first heli crash site. Me and my friend were making our way from Elektro to NWAF, but had to clear out of Elektro before we could gather enough medical supplies. By the time we got halfway there we had one bandage between the two of us. Low on blood, and almsot everything else, we started to head back. running through the first field on our way back, we encountered a crashed heli. Clearing out the deadheads in the area, we proceeded to plunder one of its boxes for meds, finding enough to see us to our destination. Damn zombies nearly killed us as we were going through the boxes though. We didn't know they respawned so fast.

we usually just fly a chopper over them to make them agro and follow the chopper while ppl bail out and get the loot :D

or if were on foot just wait for them to walk away.. (if we have shit loot we just go loud andkill everything)

if the zombies are respawning at the chopper while your looting it your taking the piss to loot it. only stay there for 1-2 mins max coz someone will probably soon have you in their scope.

hey mod whoever,

the one who deleted my reply on here (first reply)

if you're gonna do that at least pm me and say what you did't like about my post.

Because everything I said was entirely factual. If you disagree with something in the story I told the OP then say so.

Your post wasn't deleted by moderators, you just visitedthe wrong thread. :P There was a thread duplicate in which you replied. Speaking of which: I merged the threads after posting this, so yours and the other two replies are now all in one thread. :)

Edited by Covance
  • Like 1

@ covance

btw mods do delete posts and shut down threads with no reason given (no pm or post).

common courtesy realy :/

don't throw smoke grenades when you have aggro, the animation will end when you are at half of your way towards cherno from kamenka in your next life.

we usually just fly a chopper over them to make them agro and follow the chopper while ppl bail out and get the loot :D

or if were on foot just wait for them to walk away.. (if we have shit loot we just go loud andkill everything)

if the zombies are respawning at the chopper while your looting it your taking the piss to loot it. only stay there for 1-2 mins max coz someone will probably soon have you in their scope.

No man. It was instantaneous. I had the chopper in sight when I finished off the last Zed. The instant he went down, six more came out of the heli already aggroed.

Edited by Slackboy1