Sign in to follow this  
K0ba

Should i feel bad?

Well on a server i play, it was my 2nd day of running around with nothing, literally i had medical supplies and a g17.

It the early hours of the morning, i saw a ghillie running, he said he was friendly so we approached eachother. I knew i could kill him, so about 2 minutes of us just standing there i shot him, and emptied my clip into his head. As soon as i done it i felt guilt. He had amazing gear, i am now geared up to head N finally. was what i did wrong? or did i do the right thing? im kind of stuck in the middle. I never ever kill on sight, or fire upon anyone unless I get fired upon first, but this I guess was just me being either stupid, or desperate for good gear.

Edited by K0ba

You made the right call :)

- Thats what DayZ is all about, just.. hopefully.. the Ghillie guy wont come back and bite you in the ass because his a hacker with a tracker on his gear :)

I thought i did, i dont think he's a hacker as he left the server immediately after :P

You are in the wrong section, That is what a bandit is supposed to do. Honestly it was a dick move tho, but if you are ok with it... I am too. At least you killed for gear and not the lulz.

• Like 3

Your going to hell for that move you #*%$^ ^($#@!

Enjoy your new gear man...

• Like 1

No, i posted here because i am not a bandit, im a survivor and im asking survivors for their opinion.

Killing another player purely for their gear makes you a bandit. There's nothing wrong with that of course, but it's the truth.

• Like 1

I'd never kill someone for their gear. He was friendly. He could have helped you get your own (I've helped lot's of people get new gear) and you might have ended up with a skilled friend.

Now...you might have just made another bandit to worry about.

• Like 1

Well I would not say a bandit, I would say our more of a school girl. Gaining a boy's trust to later betray it. I'm hoping the guy tracks you and reclaims what is his.

If you felt he was a threat, and you shot him, then i'd say it falls under the survivor's section. not bandit.

You shouldn't feel bad, people die all the time this way. It could just as easily happen to you.

Im not saying you were wrong or right but isnt it awesome that a game makes you question your actions? One of DayZ's best qualities IMO.

• Like 2

That's what I was just thinking. I can't think of any other games that make people question their actions in the same way.

Yeah I guess. I think my action was the right one, as i didn't know what he would do.

Sounds to me that you were simply greedy pure and simple. I'm sure you'd feel fine if someone did the same back to you.

What is it all the kids say nowadays? Oh yeah....

Deal with it.

• Like 1

That's what I was just thinking. I can't think of any other games that make people question their actions in the same way.

The only other game that really made me think about the decision I was making was Mass Effect. The difference is those decisions could be manipulated with multiple characters or reloading save points. In DayZ decisions are permanent and have lasting effects.

Well you really can't enjoy everything the game has to offer without stepping out of your comfort zone every once in a while. Play it was a hero and commit the occasional murder or play it as a bad ass bandit and heals newbies and loads them up with the best gear just to freak them out!

Edited by BigEdMan
  • Like 1

Easy call: Bandit. You posted in the wrong forum.

• Like 1

Easy call: Bandit. You posted in the wrong forum.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Man. I keep encountering people that either just shoot first or people that speak and I cant get rid of them xD Really friendly team oriented people. Me? I Just want to kill them and take their stuff... But I never do... The guilt... too much guilt