Sign in to follow this  
IanLim99

Can You Use The Mouse For Aiming And Shooting?

Assuming I can get DayZ to run on just ArmA:2 free, will I be able to change the default settings so that I can use left mouseclick to shoot, right mouseclick to zoom, mousewheel to scrool through the options on the left, and any other keyboard button to preform those actions?

It seems that I have to press THREE (OMFG I'm a noob because I can't do that!) buttons together to shoot?! It will be super hard for me to cope with that, maybe I might be able to do it under just under 4 seconds, be never lightning fast.

TD;LR? Can I use the mouse for aiming/shooting if I modify the control settings?

• Like 1

Wait, what? You already use the mouse to shoot, aim, and to scroll through options.

Assuming I can get DayZ to run on just ArmA:2 free, will I be able to change the default settings so that I can use left mouseclick to shoot, right mouseclick to zoom, mousewheel to scrool through the options on the left, and any other keyboard button to preform those actions?

It seems that I have to press THREE (OMFG I'm a noob because I can't do that!) buttons together to shoot?! It will be super hard for me to cope with that, maybe I might be able to do it under just under 4 seconds, be never lightning fast.

TD;LR? Can I use the mouse for aiming/shooting if I modify the control settings?

no sure if serious :|

How else do you think you would aim and shoot on a PC without using a mouse or controller? I'm intrigued to know whats going on in yer head :o btw

• Like 1

Firstly, DayZ will not run on ARMA free, you need Operation Arrowhead in order to play the DayZ mod.

Secondly aiming and shooting should be default mouse controls, if not then change the in game control settings for look aim and shoot to mouse instead of keyboard.

• Like 1

Oh I get it. RMB didn't mean 3 buttons it mean't Right Mouse Click. Haha!

BTW I will still try to get it to run on ArmA: 2 free... If not I might as well just play some other boring stupid game.

Pssst... it won't run... as i said!

Firstly, DayZ will not run on ARMA free, you need Operation Arrowhead in order to play the DayZ mod.

Enjoy the other boring game....

Edited by Derpy_Hooves
  • Like 2

hello there,

Other boring game? Nah... play Arma2Free it rocks! Not as much as the full game, but it still rocks!

Rgds

LoK

This is either the worst troll ever, or he's completely incompetent. What you are asking for are DEFAULT settings for ArmA2, furthermore youll need ArmA2 OA plus ArmA2 free to play DayZ so you're going to spend about $20 anyway, either just wait for standalone or buy ArmA2 CA. At this point though its pretty silly (IMHO) to buy ArmA2 just for a mod thats being developed as a standalone game that will be out in a few months, and with ArmA 3 in dev.

Lay off him guys <.< He might just be a kid (judging from the 99, my guess is he's a 13yr old) :D Like others have said, what you're asking for is the default set up in the game, so yeah you will understand soon as you play, couldnt be more intuitive to shoot really.

And yeah, play ArmA 2 the mechanics are the exact same as DayZ so you can still learn to play DayZ on ArmA 2 really, that way when you do get DayZ you wont be a complete noob :)

Edited by Rooneye

There are also 3 keys used for stance, 2 for zeroing, and entire button devoted to moving your head around independant of your body.

So yeah, there are a lot of controls to get used to but most (if not all) are re-mappable. Do yourself an enormous favor before jumping into DayZ for the first time and get acquainted with the controls and movement in the OA tutorials. There's enough stress in DayZ without having to compile keyboard ignorance on top of it.

Lay off him guys <.< He might just be a kid (judging from the 99, my guess is he's a 13yr old) :D Like others have said, what you're asking for is the default set up in the game, so yeah you will understand soon as you play, couldnt be more intuitive to shoot really.

And yeah, play ArmA 2 the mechanics are the exact same as DayZ so you can still learn to play DayZ on ArmA 2 really, that way when you do get DayZ you wont be a complete noob :)

Yep yep. I'm 13 lol. And I thought RMB and LMB on the controls of the game were 3 keyboard buttons. Sorry.

[Link Removed - Use the official links to be sure - SmashT]

^BTW is this site legit? I just downloaded it but not yet installed.

Edited by smasht_AU

^BTW is this site legit? I just downloaded it but not yet installed.

It seems so. It says it's the demo, so that should be legit. But you cannot play DayZ with the Arma 2 OA demo, you need the full game (Arma 2 + Arma 2 OA).

Then you've literally wasted all of our time. Nice one buddy.

Oh crap. You know what? I should just quit thinking about this game.

Thats a good thing for you and us 'R' 'M' 'B' - I was worried what the 'next' question could be !!!

Good luck Ian, I hope you do get to play. Your positive, friendly attitude is just what we need more of here. :thumbsup: :beans:

Be nice to the guy, his parents probably can't afford every game he wants. :)