iorewtq

Will DayZ Stadalone Survive ?

I remember back in the day, DayZ was everywhere, pretty much everyone was playing it. Twitch.tv (streaming website) had a ton of people streaming DayZ, same thing on Youtube (videos).

Lately I've seen the "DayZ Phenomenon" has died down quite a bit, although some people still make videos/stream the mod, they are way less then before. I guess my question is, will DayZ Standalone survive after it's release ? Or has the hype died a while ago ? Is it because of the competition (the other Z) ?

• Like 2

First off, WarZ is isn't what one would call competition :P

But to answer your question: Yes, it will definitely survive. You don't go from having over one million players to nothing.

Your question should rather be if it will be as successfull as the mod itself. Although i highly doubt it, it really just depends on what Rocket does with the game. If he creates a ton of new interesting content, it might just spark yet another DayZ hype.

Only time will tell.

Edited by Teih
  • Like 3

yeah buddy, i'm sure it's because everyone is playing war inc.

you are talking about something which happens for everything in life...but this is not the case i think..you see less youtube videos, but you don't really know how many people are playing. i'm playing also baldur's gate 2, and everyone would say that it's a dead game too, but they just released a new version..so the real question is: will dayz standalone sell a gazyllion of copies or not? because once it's released it's sure it will survive, you could say it won't have a huge player base, you can say it won't become a mass effect like other games are, think cod..but it's probable that the mod too will survive, like maybe war inc will survive war inc.

this is my answer..don't worry! you'll die a lot also in SA!

• Like 1

I think we will see what seems a massive influx of players again come release of Stand Slone. Naturally some of these will be new players or returning players who are draw to the shiney new release, but I think it will be largely down to the community being refocused on public hive servers.

Private hives, while they are fantastic in their own way, do fragment this community and dilute the players and I feel we are yet to see a good balance between activity and "safe" gaming. All that's happend is everyone and their brother has rushed out for their own private hive on the back of the problems caused by the massive influx of players and now painted themselves intoa corner by not wanting to go back to publc hive and now it seems there are more servers and private hives than there are players! (Well almost, but you get the idea!)

I think stand alone's release, at least short term, will benefit from the refocus of players being forced back to main hive, this will undoubtably see it succed in it's first 6 months alone! Longer term again I think it's hardcore fanbase is secured enough to make the title a success, especially of the title makes more of it's sandbox heritage like Minecraft did.

• Like 3

Im not here to start a flame war but recently after playing warz ( yes I was a sucker to trying a new game) I see the game not being as successful as day z standalone the main reason being most players are not returning after the latest wipe and the features they promised are not being delivered, I have nothing against the dev team over at the warz, but lets face it day z created the hype for zombie games and most importantly the expansion of the gaming industry into survival games so I say good job rocket.

I am extremely tired right now so I have no idea whether this makes any sense to you guys.

• Like 1

Im not here to start a flame war but recently after playing warz ( yes I was a sucker to trying a new game) I see the game not being as successful as day z standalone the main reason being most players are not returning after the latest wipe and the features they promised are not being delivered, I have nothing against the dev team over at the warz, but lets face it day z created the hype for zombie games and most importantly the expansion of the gaming industry into survival games so I say good job rocket.

I am extremely tired right now so I have no idea whether this makes any sense to you guys.

you must be a very forgiving guy, given what you just mentioned...

• Like 3

Some players will return when the SA is released.They are pissed off the bugs and can't handle this.

Also new player just wait for the release cause they don't want to buy it twice (first Arma 2 and then SA)

I stopped playing for 3 or 4 weeks because i wait for the SA.

I played ~200 hours but after a while it´s boring a little bit.

When you have everything in the game the only reason to play it is to hunt bad guys and after a while it´s realy boring.

Can't wait for the SA >:( >:( >:( :lol:

• Like 1

Day Z is also one of the best zombie game ever and it is really exciting to play because of having unique game play and good graphics.

• Like 2

From the posts that I've read so far, it seems that the most damage is done by the private hive servers (not the competition as I first thought), that currently are segmenting the community. I'm guessing they can't be stopped either. Maybe my concern is not valid so far, but I've seen a lot of game releases, multiplayer only that have failed on Steam because of a high price point, so maybe if the price is good, it will attract everyone to the standalone side ? I can only hope..

• Like 2

The private hives are a double edged sword. They have played a massive part in further developing the mod (hives such as Redux in particular) but it has fragemented, divided and diluted the community into isolated pockets quite early in the games life, so thw veins of diversity that have helped introduce new features and expand otehr possibilities within the game, as well as providing a safe and stable game, have also meant we've moved far away from a "standard" version, often in various different directions and tangents, openning up more and more problems.

It probably couldn't have went any other way than private hives though, once the hype had brough the massive influx of players to an environment that didnt have adaquet exploit/cheat prevention and not enough servers. Ultimately, private hives are the way to go (as we've seen with similar games such as MineCraft) , but i think early days of Stand Alone, particularly as the game will be more of an Beta test, it's important that the community are all playing the same version publically . This will help prodice both a better stable base game as well as galvanise the community foundation.

Edited by Box
  • Like 4

private hives are not recorded by stats, but they are moreless playing the same game, it's not the starting makarov that makes this game what it is. this part of the community has developed because the private hives offer you an experience free from some exploit that the mod wasn't able to get rid of. the price will be certainly a factor but i hope that we won't have too many 11 years old players, or at least that the game will be so diffcult to see piles of children bodies

• Like 1

Well the main reason I haven't played much for a long time is because there aren't any Finnish servers anymore that suits me. =Olut= was very good veteran server but they quit hosting it couple months ago and I quit at the same time. It's a shame that hacking got that bad impact.

I believe this game rise again in the standalone because hacking/duping won't be that bad and many of those 'realistic' players do come back so there will be more enjoyable servers again in every region.

• Like 1

I guess my question is, will DayZ Standalone survive after it's release ?

You didn't hear the rumor about "Game of the Year".? Yes it will survive. There will be also realized DayZ II, DayZ III in future.

Or has the hype died a while ago ? Is it because of the competition (the other Z) ?

The other Z is no competition. That was only commercial for DayZ. Many "other Z" players hear first time from DayZ from there forum.

Can only speak of my environment. 4 bought DayZ Mod, 8 waiting for DayZ SA, no one bought WarZ. I bet someone of us had to think about buying the other Z if they didn't know about DayZ.

• Like 1

Not sure, everyone I know that played DayZ has quit a while ago and all of 'em are now playing War Z. They seem to be sort of interested in the standalone but most will be sticking to War Z by the looks of it. Hope the standalone will spark some new interest for DayZ but as it stands atm War Z seems to be more popular.

• Like 1

The Day Z youtube community is very much alive and kicking, so much so, that small channels that only use day z footage are getting suffocated by the larger channels(frankie,devildog, saccriel,etc). As for the ganmes survival?

There is an extremely solid base of players for day z, they will follow onto the SA because of their love for the Mod.

• Like 1

I've played a little bit of War Z after a friend at work allowed me to use his computer during a few lunch periods, and to answer your question Day Z Standalone WILL survive, War Z probably won't. There's something pleasing about the instant gratification of PVP in War Z, however that's not enough to mask the fact that the game is just awful, I can get instant PVP in COD. There's no tension, no sense of fear when I travel alone, very little skill goes into anything in that game especially fighting zombies who are ZERO threat to me, essentially it's DayZ on "Extremely Easy and Basic" mode, I loved the challenge that DayZ zombies present as well as other players. Add to this that hacking is a lot more common in WarZ at the moment than it ever was in DayZ, I think people are going to flood back to DayZ with a very apologetic look on their face.

Depending on what's new with the standalone, and assuming the anti-cheat system is robust, DayZ should knock this cheap copy out of the water quite easily.

Edited by torph
  • Like 1

Not sure, everyone I know that played DayZ has quit a while ago and all of 'em are now playing War Z. They seem to be sort of interested in the standalone but most will be sticking to War Z by the looks of it. Hope the standalone will spark some new interest for DayZ but as it stands atm War Z seems to be more popular.

Then everyone you know are idiots I'm affraid to say lol

• Like 2

Then everyone you know are idiots I'm affraid to say lol

I agree there idiots that ain't got the skill to survive in DayZ.

WarZ is a game for 9 year olds

WarZ is a game for 9 year olds

Guys, let's keep the subject on DayZ please. I don't want this turning into DayZ vs WarZ, there's no point..

Edited by iorewtq
  • Like 1

Not sure, everyone I know that played DayZ has quit a while ago and all of 'em are now playing War Z. They seem to be sort of interested in the standalone but most will be sticking to War Z by the looks of it.

Interesting that they exist. Didn t know that.

Think always Cherno looks more colorado than the warz colerado. :P Can t live with there trees.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=colorado+usa+bilder

I know people who are waiting to buy the standalone because they didn't want to pay for ArmA 2. I expect to see a new DayZ renaissance once standalone is released, especially when people see that hackers won't be nearly as bad, the game is more stable, and there are a lot of exciting new features coming around (still not sure about defecation, though.

• Like 1

Some players will return when the SA is released.They are pissed off the bugs and can't handle this.

Also new player just wait for the release cause they don't want to buy it twice (first Arma 2 and then SA)

I stopped playing for 3 or 4 weeks because i wait for the SA.

I played ~200 hours but after a while it´s boring a little bit.

When you have everything in the game the only reason to play it is to hunt bad guys and after a while it´s realy boring.

Can't wait for the SA >:( >:( >:( :lol:

dude, try the new map taviana, awesoooooome

edit: SA sounds awesome allright, just the aspect of having to shit in the forrest is very weird

Edited by Zombo

Poll on the officiel WarZ forum:

Will you be moving to Day Z standalone?

Yes 27.95%

I will play both games 47.91%

75,86 % of warz players will buy dayz SA if poll is credible.

Edit: http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?67264-Poll-Will-you-be-moving-to-Day-Z-standlone

Edited by NoCheats

Holy shit what's wrong with this forums community. I simply state my observations and people go nuts?

DayZ does a lot of things better than War Z but it's definitely also the other way around. Surviving in either game is incredibly easy and both have major zombie issues. I play both games quite frequently and must say I'm enjoying War Z more atm, the main reason being that I hate the ArmA engine with a passion. I also haven't encountered a single hacker since I started playing 1,5ish months ago, although neither have I met that many in DayZ, been playing on private hives since quite early on though.

Overall I hope DayZ will become a lot bigger because it was my first love, but I'm actually liking the direction War Z is going, updates seem to come out on a regular basis and they seem to be listening to the community. It seems to be a bit more popular than DayZ atm, but that's probably because it's newer and there hasn't really been any news around DayZ the last few weeks.

Interesting that they exist. Didn t know that.

Think always Cherno looks more colorado than the warz colerado. :P Can t live with there trees.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...rado usa bilder

Wow I had no idea what Colorado looked like but those pictures actually look a lot like what War Z looks like, don't know why you think it resembles Chernarus more. I do agree there should be more trees in War Z.

Edited by Bass50

I have not touched DayZ since I done my 24 charity run of it back in October. With the Standalone version being announced I just didn't see any point investing any more time in it, I had constant problems with SIX Launcher and DayZ Commander, so updating was always a hassle.

I will come back to the game once it is it's own product and has a single update path. I haven't tried WarZ and I don't intend to either.

I have a lot of friends that are going to buy DayZ but they see no point getting ARMA2 and playing the mod when the standalone version is a month or two away.