Sign in to follow this  
tuckerfoxy

How do I abandon my terrible bandit ways and become a survivor again! (maybe even hero!)

So I have been playing Dayz for some time now and the way I have been playing has suddenly stricken me with pain and agony. Ever since T-Dog died on the Walking Dead, I knew I had to do something in order to keep his angelic presence alive. That something was to become a friendly player in the virtual zombie apocolypse. My plan was to abandon all of my heartless killings as a bandit and become a friendly player. The only problem is, how can I do this? I have killed so many innocent people it became a sort of muscle memory. I have this lack of trust in everyone and I am sure they don't trust me one bit. So how can I begin to gain back humanity to get rid of this bandit skin. How can I become a friendly looking player once again. To regain that trust that I have lost.

Once a bandit, always a bandit. Unite brothas!

Once a bandit, always a bandit. Unite brothas!

what about jackfrags? He does his "Hive Bandits" series and also the friendly series with frankie. I think it is possible to be a friendly as there is always goodness in someone, you just need to find it. With you my friend, I suggest finding an approach to players where you can get the most enjoyment but also be helpful. Try all the different ways of being nice such as being a medic, helping "bambi's", giving lifts etc. Helping bambi's against the bandits wouldn't be a bad idea for you as you are currently a bandit yourself. That way you can still kill people but for good reason. Its a bit like having an electric cigarette (weird comparison)

Thanks for the spoiler, prick.

No need for that.

There is still good in you, I can feel it.....no wait, that's just gas. Seriously though, it all starts when you resist the urge to shoot on sight....and start communicating.

I mostly find my new ''friends'' first before they can find me. I always make sure that I have the element of surprise, not the other way around. And well, I then always break the silence first by saying hello to this guy and trying to get both me and this guy to know each other. (Won't you also be much way more relieved when you know that this stranger is a fellow countryman or likes the same sports you do?). If you let the guy know that you have a hero skin, it's even better to ease off some of the initial tension!

Anyway, the situation can go 2 ways after this:

A: Since I've showed the guy some of my trust towards him and my intention that I am totally not out there to kill him (I said hello to him, instead of killing him while he didn't even know I was there), the guy (mostly 9/10 times) will repay me back that same trust and friendly behavior and we might start tagging along, and maybe even become gaming buddies in the long term. This also a GREAT opportunity to get your humanity status back up as you can now start giving your new friend bandages, blood, epi-pens and morphine!

or

B: The guy wants to abuse my trust and tries to screw me over anyways. In that case, the guy better hopes that he kills me because he WILL BE if he fails. Anyway, I always think that an inmature action like this should be answered with an inmature reaction as well! So I just kill the guy, loot whatever useful he might have on him and then hide his body. If they're just knocked out, it's EVEN better! I will then take the time they still have to live to verbally humiliate and lecture them before I put their character out of its misery! (M14 AIM, DMR and FN FALs are great for this!)

And also, ALWAYS keep the situation of your surroundings into account! There's a difference in rules of engagement when you come across a wandering player and coming across some camping sniper, overlooking a high value spawn. And also, do you actually WANT to approach other players? If you're afraid of losing your stuff, then socializing in Dayz won't be your forte.

Edited by Norinco

I got my hero skin for being gentle but most people shot me on sight so I´ve learned my lesson. Be cautious, have them pinned down and start communicate. Never "buddy up" with someone when you are alone. Since I have more or less everything right now (some weapons still missing, a quad or a bike would be useful) I dont want to lose stuff. I´m willing to help everyone except a sniper on a roof. :D

If you are helpful to bambis you should lose your bandit status pretty soon. I got my hero skin doing that. Giving bambis basic equipment, like hatchet, food, water, compass, map, watch, hunting knife, bandages, p-killers and maybe even morphine will pay back more often than not.

No need for that.

Apparently you're not a walking dead fan. Intentionally trolling walking dead spoilers is an offence punishable by death in my book.

Apparently you're not a walking dead fan. Intentionally trolling walking dead spoilers is an offence punishable by death in my book.

a true fan would already know this happened, not knowing it did is punishable by death in my book. no excuse for not seeing an episode the minute it airs.

Maybe we can help each other. You can teach me the tactics of a bandit, without the actual killing. I hate killing anyone in this game even when they fire upon me I prefer to knock them out give them a bandage and run away. And I can teach you to be reckless helpful player. Showing all the good times you can have helping people. It's really funny when you hold up a guy and give him some meat instead of a bullet in the brain.

So if you like this perspective send me a pm

a true fan would already know this happened, not knowing it did is punishable by death in my book. no excuse for not seeing an episode the minute it airs.

No excuse other than not having cable television? Don't even try to pretend you get cable television solely for one show.

That's what I thought. Give me your beans.

• Like 1

No excuse other than not having cable television? Don't even try to pretend you get cable television solely for one show.

That's what I thought. Give me your beans.

if you have the internet you can stream it off of several websites, and i'm sure you have at least one friend with cable or satellite that will let you come over for an hour to watch the best show ever!