rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

ok after playing for a bit i like the idea

BUT

THE ZOMBIES SPAWN TO QUICKLY

rocket please address this with a hotfix, its ridiculous

Hmm am very pleased with the new features, but I noticed on Norway 1 now, when I shot all Z around a deerstand, they spawned again after 10 secs.. so I shot the new 5 Z beeing spawned... and they spawned again after 10 secs.... forcing me to kill approx 20 new Zs around this lone deerstand during a very short time span, finally making me leave alltogether.

So there is definately something weird with spawn time.

I'll take a short break until a small fix(?), awaiting all these new great additions and fixes..

thanx man

PS--- sorry.. I just now saw a number of similar reports.. well that must mean I wasn't alone :D.

Lololol? Someone of you need to google 'Positive Feedback' and stop being such whinny little bitches' date=' you're bringing up the right stuff, but instead of giving feedback you just rage at non released game as if you expect it to be perfect.

[/quote']

Uh, it's an public alpha, the whole point of that is for people to criticise it

Better than pretending everything's fine and patronisingly telling Rocket "Oh yeah, this update is perfect!", because that gets nothing done. At least people are passionate about this mod and care whether it works properly or not

Umm yeah like I said "you need to google 'Positive Feedback'", review you comment and get back to me :), you stupid retard. Yeah you can tell Rocket if the patch is bad, but there is a massive difference between(The magic word again) POSITIVE FEEDBACK and bitching and whining like little girls.

i always have the message that i run the wrong version' date=' when i connect to a server :(

[/quote']

Same here.

Used both 6 Updater and manual install.

93825 beta install

same 6 updater to update dayz & used the 93825 patch.

The way i got it working was to use this "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" to launch the game then in the game goto Options, Expansions and mark (tick/check) the dayz mod, restart game and relaunch (again using "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shorcut found C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 (or similar for steam (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common etc.)).

Just use 6updater for keeping the mods upto date.

well' date=' boo fucking hoo.

i didn't even try it yet but all those whining people make it sound awesome. if you people prefer zombies that don't see you just because your character does x animation and has y distance over real challenging AI then i guess you should work on your skills.

i for one was bored of them for a long time now. calling the old zombie behaviour AI was an overstatement anyways. it was more like really simple detection system (no offense rocket i know you had to rebuild the AI from the ground because of the whole agent vs unit thing).

and reading about the tents finally being fixed gave me the weirdest boner.

i don't know why it took so long but i guess....: "A wizard is never late, he arrives precisely when he means too."

[/quote']

I actually don't have a fundamental problem with the detection system. I prefer this one.

It is these few traits:

1. Zombies spawn instantly now. If you kill one, another pops up, then another, another, another...

2. I have had 5 zombie encounters with this update. 4 of them involved me going unconscious after 3-5 hits. The only way I've survived is by closing the program. I would like to say I go unconscious at 3 hits, but that can't be confirmed. You consistently bleed out at 1-2 hits. You don't hear the zombies coming after you till they are right next to you, hence the speed increase making them almost stealthy. So when you thought you killed 3 zombies at a deer stand and you start bandaging, it's game over. You are going to go unconscious because you blatantly forgot that zombies spawn instantly, have super speed, and now have super strength.

3. This problem is already known. Zombies consistently spawn in buildings. No if, and's, or buts about it, zombies spawn INSIDE structures now.

Pros:

Again, I prefer this new detection system. It is workable. I prefer the fact that bags spawn now. I also like that the loot seems better since it is riskier to get loot. But it doesn't out way the fact that a 100+ hour player has to use all of his silenced ammo to kill zombies while crouched.

I also like the new animations. I at first didn't, but hell it's a zombie game, zombies are going to look terrifying.

I know it's only an alpha, but it seems to me that it's getting worse with every update instead of beta :P

In all seriousness, the zombies spawn way too fast, and can see you way too easily.

I like that they are trying different things in this Alpha. Spawning with no weapons & the new LOS is challenging. I died a few more times just getting out of the bean coast, One point I got spotted coming up from a crawl, sprinted to nearest building, found some gear but no weapons. Really tense stuff Rocket, I really like the way it makes you think about your actions and you have to really plan your moves. The general FPS crowd may have a problem but I always like games that have rewards. I am still having fun, although it is very tense.

Lololol? Someone of you need to google 'Positive Feedback' and stop being such whinny little bitches' date=' you're bringing up the right stuff, but instead of giving feedback you just rage at non released game as if you expect it to be perfect.

[/quote']

Better than pretending everything's fine and patronisingly telling Rocket "Oh yeah, this update is perfect!", because that gets nothing done. At least people are passionate about this mod and care whether it works properly or not

Umm yeah like I said "you need to google 'Positive Feedback'", review you comment and get back to me :), you stupid retard. Yeah you can tell Rocket if the patch is bad, but there is a massive difference between(The magic word again) POSITIVE FEEDBACK and bitching and whining like little girls.

Funny how you expect those with feedback to have positive feedback when you can't even do the same for yourself. People are getting emotional over losing long time standing characters. Read about a guy that had a 15 day character that died at one deer stand because they just kept coming.

[/quote']

Funny how you expect those with feedback to have positive feedback when you can't even do the same for yourself. People are getting emotional over losing long time standing characters. Read about a guy that had a 15 day character that died at one deer stand because they just kept coming.

"a 15 day character that died at one deer stand because they just kept coming." It's an alpha get over it, you're meant to be testing it. It's pointless getting attached to a character in an alpha... Of course stuff is going to go wrong probably resulting in game death.

I know alot of people have said it but, instant zombie spawn needs to be fixed.

Zombies still seem to be able to detect you through objects.

1-2 hit bleedout means you have to run to a building and force them to walk.

Otherwise really nice update... Thanks for mixing it up.

Hate to be the one to repeat this to keep it fresh in a key thread in the forum but, this is an alpha.

Systems which have been newly implemented are here from a small contribution of the community convincing the top dog that it's what the 'people' want, then put into action to see how those people and others react to it and adjust accordingly. Zombies are being adjusted slowly and surely to make sure that no system is taken too harshly in one direction, resulting in a rebound effect from the part of the community asking for a very specific change. Baby steps are taken in areas which have not yet been covered to see how we react to them, where as areas which are long going the need to be repaired are surely on the list, though the idea that its an alpha is being used to give people the natural perspective to look upon it with a grain if not a heap of salt.

We are testers in a mod going on game at this rate which could have easily been handled behind closed doors, and had an open beta by Rocket and the gang when they felt it was up to their specs, and considering the enthusiastic community and their responses to this.. Imagine what kind of influx of hype and change would have come about from it being released to the public before all this.

Read Rockets post, take into account what he says about the animations and limitations for zombies which he is implementing to counter-act the problems which have rose from the snippets of miscalculations. Ask yourself whether you are willing to 'test' The reason quite a few people purchased ArmA to perform for this rising modification, or if you think its wise to sit this small patch out until the game becomes playable enough for you to simply 'play' As a non-contributing person simply along for the ride. Problems go to the area of the forum which addresses problems, rather than a soon to be 100 page thread which is simply a notification that somethings being done to the game, which the above question is being directed to.

Something a lot of people should be asking themselves for every patch of this alpha test.

Richocet:.

Tents still not placeable anywhere. I even got the message on a flat piece of grass with no objects within 50 meters.

I'm going to keep watching for reports of zombies instant spawning. If this is the case, I'm going to wait to play until a server side patch is implemented.

Thanks for the heads up everyone!

As far as i can tell,taking away weapons on new spawns didn't increase coop-play/working together at all.Deathmatch-factor just got increased in citys since everyone wants the loot for himself and the guy who gets a gun first gets all dem beans.Hunger games in Chernarus

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.

This made me cry.

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty! Spawn with only a bandage' date=' painkillers, and a torch.

This made me cry.

[/quote']

same feeling bro, eventhough, we must accept that its way more realistic to start from the ground...

played the new patch tonite. couple of things

loved 1.7 but it was too easy.

1.7.1 seems like it had a good idea, but was not executed correctly.

[Massive bug] on my first spawn into the new patch server i spawned with all my gear from previous version, i had not died.

upon dieing quickly after firing wildly at night time, i respawned in the same spot with all my gear. this happened 4 times before i disconected and made a new character, it did it 1 more time before i made a NEW character again and joined a different server.

i could loot my old corpse for ammo and everything i had, effectively cloning my gear atleast 4 times.

-zombies can see you through just about every thing, tryed running from z's but still get seen thru tables/fridges/random crap inside buildings,

running upstairs didnt cause LOS and they went stright for me.

-Zed's dont hit you THRU the building, but they still sit there on the otherside of the wall, so when u leave they come straight for you

-flashlight takes too many slots

-took a few spawns to find a gun, lil bit random. u could get lucky and find 1 in your first building, or not get one for 5 buildings. pretty hard to live searching 5 buildings when uc ant lose zombies cause LOS and hiding doesnt work.

keep trying rocket, good ideas, keep it up mate.

edit* if u need data or stuff like that im more than happy to oblige, first post here on dayz forums, just want to help.

Ran into an apartment in berezino with a friend, 3 zombies just outside and 10-15 within 70 meters.

Got aggro from one, ran inside and started killing them.

90 zombies, 5 AKM mags, 1 blodpack, 2 bandages, 2 painkillers and 4 cooked meat later (and that was just my kill count) i was able to run out, followed by 10 more zombies who just spawned outside.

Ran into a deer stand, killed 3 zombies, and then they just kept spawning infront of me, was forced to run away after killing 10-15 of them and having 10 more to go.

So yeah, this update is broken. 100 zombies in a house could be manageable, but not when the glitch though the walls and attack you from behind when you are standing on the second floor.

I know this is alpah but i just wan't to share my experience so people have more information and can choose if they wan't to update or not.

Thanks for the update.!

I really love this mod.

Only one thing:

After a server goes down, im with the 1.7.1, I appeared in a place called Wilderness, outside the map.

I fixed it doing this:

A FIX for the wilderness is as follows :-

1. find server canada 2 (filter on "dayz _ canada 2" or somrthing)

For some reason this gets you to the debug forest. Don't ask me how. EVEN if you get a client error (versions) ignore it.

2. Head EAST for 2KM. That's all.

3. Restart and connect to server of choice. You're back!

I read that several people has the same problem with the 1.7.1.

Anyway im in the map again now. Just to let you know rocket.

As far as I can see. This is not a you're typical "FPS" game. And it was seemingly turining the way of a typical "FPS" game with the advent of players learning enough tactics and gaining enough experience to get to superior primary weapons quickly and engage in PVP.

I think the intention of this game was for us to fear the enviroment more than other players and the added "scare factor" was to be when meeting an unknown player.

This new patch intensifies the survival aspect of the game over the pvp aspect. Which I think is crucial to the over-all gameplay.

The fear of dying, the fear of zombies/infected. The fear of starving, hyperthermia or dehydration sets this game apart from others. Lying in a airport tower with a DMR is nothing new and I feel bypasses what this game is really about.

It's a mod and it will be buggy. Patches will always need to be hotfixed. But they are deffinately on to something here and I'm really enjoying it. Good luck in game.

Neuromancer.