rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

Honestly don't like how Z's just keep respawning. Also 4 zombies always keep respawning in gas stations' date=' stuck in one another.

[/quote']

No kidding, I arrived at a nice big building and go inside after a lot of laying on the ground and go into crouch. I have to get up all the way to go up a stair so I do that. wonderful one outside heard me so I have to shoot him with my Winchester when he comes in. Naturally this alerts those around no issue. If it wasn't for the fact that I ended up shooting 50 of them and they just kept coming... when I was outside there where tops 10 around how bloody retarded is that.

Ran out of ammo so died how is that for good fun...

Oh man there is so much fail in this thread. For each person complaining about zombies, and how the game is to hard and un-playable or how you have to disconnect everytime you see a zombie....You are horri-bad please leave. Go play another zombie game that holds your hand as this one isn't for you.

I know it isnt a complete game. But Im not going to just sit around and act like this update was good. Starting with no weapons would be ok IF this game wasnt a mod for Arma II. A military simulator. Lets make a mod for plane simulator and leave out the wings and see if we can crash land every time..But biggest turn off is heart beat.

Hahaha' date=' love the flying metaphor xD

Personally, i like most of the changes. No weapon, very nice. Reduced starting gear, very nice. Harder Hitting zombies, another great addition. I even like the increased amount of zombies, it adds a wonderful sense of danger. The only thing i dont like is the zombies detection range, when combined with their run speed. Currently it is as if the zombies are given the eyes of a hawk, the agility of a gymnast, and the legs of Hussain Bolt! I dont mind having tons of zombies that move fast, but have a slightly harder time finding you, or tons of zombies that can detect you easily, but move closer to a jog speed. But all three, super fast, super perceptive AND tons of them? Its a little overkill.

Rocket, The mod is great, but you have to have a balance. I say keep the increased amounts of zombies, keep their new strength, lower their ability to spot you just slightly (by maybe 5-15 yards), increase their hearing dramatically (if i am firing a gun in a small town i want to attract every zombie in that town. Guns are loud after all!), but lower their speed to either a jog or a shuffle.

Thanks for your time.

[/quote']

Exactly. The core issue with me are the zombies. They STILL just feel like a annoyance rather than a challenge. I do not know why there has been an effort now to make players get along. what a paradox right? I sometimes feel like there is this anti balance rhetoric, yet that same group seem to be promoting the heart beat for the sake of balance game play. Fix the zombies and they will come.

Sounds like with some tweaking, we'd have a real live survival horror mod on our hands!!!

Just a note for a load of people here, this mod is meant to be realistic, not difficult.

Zombies being able to see you through walls is not realistic.

Neither is zombies being able to walk through and attack you through walls.

Neither is a never-ending supply of zombies appearing in front of you after you kill off the previous horde

Neither is zombies being able to see you from 50 meters away while prone in tall grass

Neither is zombies running at you and darting all over the place like superhuman athletes

Yep, there's a rough correlation between difficulty and realism, but that's aside the point

Rocket should have thoroughly tested the zombie behaviour before releasing this update, because i'd rather have no update instead of a broken one

Right now im thinking that spawninig without any weapon is sick (maybe later i will like this idea), i just want makarov with one mag on start and i be happy. :)

Just a note for a load of people here' date=' this mod is meant to be realistic, not difficult.

Neither is a never-ending supply of zombies appearing in front of you after you kill off the previous horde

Neither is zombies being able to see you from 50 meters away while prone in tall grass

Neither is zombies running at you and darting all over the place like superhuman athletes

Yep, there's a rough correlation between difficulty and realism, but that's aside the point

Rocket should have thoroughly tested the zombie behaviour before releasing this update, because i'd rather have no update instead of a broken one

[/quote']

Just your friendly reminder that we are alpha testers. If there is a bad update, test that shit and tell Rocket you don't like that feature. The way I see it, Rocket doesn't have to test shit. That is what we are here for.

Just your friendly reminder that we are alpha testers. If there is a bad update' date=' test that shit and tell Rocket you don't like that feature. The way I see it, Rocket doesn't have to test shit. That is what we are here for.

[/quote']

Testing the zombie behaviour out isn't exactly a mammoth task that requires thousands of people to take part in and point out errors

I mean it's pretty obvious whether they're working properly or not

Just a note for a load of people here' date=' this mod is meant to be realistic, not difficult.

[/quote']

Dude, most of us are simply pointing out:

What you said is for the most part true

Whining, griping, threatening to quit are useless

Saying that the mod is doomed is useless

Repeating something about game mechanics that has been said multiple times is useless.

Repeating something about game mechanics that has been said multiple times, but using a couple more or different words is useless.

Constructive information is helpful

Redundancy and making it clear that you just hit submit without reading that 1000 people have said what you did is unhelpful.

Stuff like that. Most of us are just asking people to engage their brains, not rage quite the game, head to the forums in a cough syrup induced drunken haze and post about something that's been said plenty of times.

And special vitriol is reserved for the people who decide to deride those making the mod. Those people should just take a hike.

Ppl didn't just complained on how easy it was to avoid zombies, it complained on how unrealisticly easy it was! That's only apparently the same thing.

Before you were passing just near to zeds without them noticing you, it was like you were invisible just becase you were walking 7 meters away.

Now is the opposite, they can see you when they shouldn't see you at all (plus many other broken things that should be fixed with an upcoming hotfix).

It's not that you going to fix something "too easy" making it just "too hard". We wanted something more REAL not just much more hard. You going to increase the zed awareness (good, in a supposed real life, they can see you crawling!), but you can't leave them running at unrealistic speeds, plus you can't have them respawning (but it seems it's a bug).

Much more aware zombie, increased number are both nice and very welcome, but they should be accompanied with: slower zeds (because it's supposed that i can just run in the middle of a hord and OUTRUN them.. having a plan..).

If we have a cetain number of zeds covering all the loots, and no way to go there sneaking, there's only one solution left: kill em all; but with an infinite spawn rate it just doesn't work, also it promotes the clan members gameplay (large groups in teamspeak).

In other news..

I find the footsteps (own player) sound to be a bit loud. Besides that it makes it harder to hear other noises like gunshots etc, which is all good, but its so loud that its breaks from realism for me.

Please notice my opinion on this ^^

I'm not trying to be rude' date=' but did you miss the 95 page thread, "20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon", with nearly 1000 replies and 45,000 views?

The forums are a fraction of your player base. Mostly, those that are invested in it.

Basing a game change like this on a hand full of Hardcore merit badge seekers was your first mistake.

Your second mistake was listening to those complain about being killed on the beach.

The third mistake was listening to who ever told you it was OK to patch on a Saturday.

You have taken a game that was fun, challenging, and rewarding, and made it for the small few who would like the game to shock balls on death.

Its the wrong direction.

In other news..

I find the footsteps (own player) sound to be a bit loud. Besides that it makes it harder to hear other noises like gunshots etc' date=' which is all good, but its so loud that its breaks from realism for me.

Please notice my opinion on this ^^

[/quote']

I've been keeping that to myself but yeah. Sometimes I wonder if my shoes are really bricks or something tied to my feet.

I have boots and other shoes, but I've never has shoes that we're so jarringly loud, especially on stone or bare ground.

For myself, I see making it an issue, or asking for a change for something like that as waaaaaaaay down the road. Right now, zombie ai, patching, etc. is being worked on which I think is hugely more important.

Priorities.

Just your friendly reminder that we are alpha testers. If there is a bad update' date=' test that shit and tell Rocket you don't like that feature. The way I see it, Rocket doesn't have to test shit. That is what we are here for.

[/quote']

Testing the zombie behaviour out isn't exactly a mammoth task that requires thousands of people to take part in and point out errors

I see where you are coming from for sure. I personally just don't see an issue with dealing with a "broken update" while Rocket works on the fixes. Zombie animation/glitches have always been an issue. More so now than before of course, but i'm sure this is a step to getting it right.

They still attack trough walls :\

please people, read the release notes, its the first paragraph in caps and bold lol about why that is...

[/quote']

I see where you are coming from for sure. I personally just don't see an issue with dealing with a "broken update" while Rocket works on the fixes. Zombie animation/glitches have always been an issue. More so now than before of course, but i'm sure this is a step to getting it right.

People have issues with zombies? I full on sprint thru other towns till im at something i want then just bolt thru a building and now you've lost em.

enjoy.

When i logged in' date=' 8 fps from previous 100-120 fps.

[/quote']

Happens to me aswell, try restarting the game, that fixes it for me.

Yeah, patch is smooth now :)

Really need a hotfix for the major FPS drop people are getting, its impossible to play. The 1.7.1 servers ive tried i get like no fps at all. maybe 5-6.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

SixUpdater is still saying (in the bottom display) that ArmA2 is at version 1.60.0.87580 even after applying "ARMA2_OA_Build_938252".

DayZ version is correct (1.7.1 and green)

How do i update six updaters display? and be sure it is correct version?

If i use six updater to launch ArmA2 the version launched is the previous 1.60.0.87580 build' date=' if i use the Beta Shorcut in ArmA2 Expansion beta folder only then game version is of course 1.60.0.938252

How can i sync Six Updater correctly?[/quote']Might mean you have disabled AutoSync in the Options, have you tried running "Sync with SU Portal" ?

For Six Updater you need to enable the Beta checkbox in any case. The version should change once it has installed the Beta.

Btw the Six Launcher is much preferred. Also best handle SU issues over at the SU thread; http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5797

Could someone please upload the arma 93825 beta patch to a sharing site. since the official ftp has been down all day.

I did NOT like the update, a lot of things are better now, but spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch?! Are you guys kidding us? Now the bandits have easier targets ¬¬'

and the zombies can see you very easily...

and the zombies are still marathoners and buggy...

I hope it will be solved! =)