rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

I´ve now died 4 times today' date=' if we don´t count fifth time which I continued game from yesterday, where I was making progress and feeling good untill I stumbled upon deer stand which gives you endless horde of zombies.

each time I crawled and crawled and sneaked and sneaked. I went to few villages, found nothing, then I get agroed by sudden zombie that appears behind the corner, out of freaking nowhere, I didn´t hear it, I didn´t see it when I tried to make plan how to get there and didnt that one make whole village run after me.

each time I tried to run forest and lose them, but b*es just love me too much.

I really don´t see the joy in this. I don´t see how someone can enjoy this or defend these updates. I really f*ng don´t. Person who likes this sounds like some sort of Masochist to me.

Now before you start to tell me how this is alpha/beta whatever, yeah, I know that, but b*ch please, yesterday I at least had chances to survive for one hour, yesterday it made sense.

I know that it had issues before, and I know this is still being developed, but I sure hope this is not the way it goes or this will end up just another dead game mod.

and oh god are there plenty of those out there.

Besides, I live at scandinavia. Here I have right to raise my voice, even if it might annoy you.

[/quote']

I totally agree with you. But unfortunately I think until there is a new engine this game is reaching its half life pretty quickly. And with this update I think it really picked up the pace for reaching its half life. I just have a feeling that most like I do really dont think the game is great but are hoping like Iam that Rocket gets a full contract to make this a stand alone so he can really work on this mod that has a very big potential.

I guess even in Scandanavia, some people don't get it.

Look, I wasn't trying to silence you. Very dramatic. I was pointing out that this is a game in alpha cycle. Both of you act like its the end of the world. Har har see what I did there?

Though I'm usually more trollish (mostly for our outspoken Scandanavian friends!), my point was to be patient.

I'm sure that rocket and the others appreciate the feedback, but essentially complaining that you only got to play for two days is not beneficial. Make your points rationally and if you really cannot play. Then wait for the next set of changes.

It's development. Get used to it. This is not a complete game, or anywhere close.

I know it isnt a complete game. But Im not going to just sit around and act like this update was good. Starting with no weapons would be ok IF this game wasnt a mod for Arma II. A military simulator. Lets make a mod for plane simulator and leave out the wings and see if we can crash land every time..But biggest turn off is heart beat.

It's development. Get used to it. This is not a complete game' date=' or anywhere close.[/quote']

Yea, its pretty comfortable to excuse complete programming inability with some "ITS ALPHA BITCH". I mean, he tried to fix crashed heli's loot a few times in a row, then its starting working without any fixes and now its fucked again. Looks like someone just copy-pastes some code without understanding anything of it.

Dude have you ever worked with a game engine ? :-/

Fixing things can break other things that you may not be aware of.

Same goes internal testing and live testing its two different worlds

Might work good in the "lab" but in the outside world with allot of variables it can break.

So give him a break. its far more complex than you can ever imagine

besides that, rocket knows what he's doing. that being said he and the rest of the dev team are PEOPLE who make mistakes or are trying different approaches of fixing a problem. its a darn alpha its allowed 2 screw up !

fuck this update. its broken, you can't hide from zombies, they can still hit you through walls, if you spawn in kamenka the game is basically unplayable due to the fact that you don;t even spawn with a makrov now.

fuck this gay earth

i like to spwn with nothing but i dont like the more difficult zombies. please make blood decrease slweor when bleeding.. and they still attack through the wall

(one time the closed the door behind me to lock me in I suppose ^^)

' pid='124054' dateline='1339940943']

Might work good in the "lab" but in the outside world with allot of variables it can break.

besides that' date=' rocket knows what he's doing. that being said he and the rest of the dev team are PEOPLE who make mistakes or are trying different approaches of fixing a problem. its a darn alpha its allowed 2 screw up !

[/quote']

Lol, im a programmer and i've wrote some software with about a 300K strings of code in it, and i know what is "complexity". If you writing shit then it will work like shit, thats it.

It's development. Get used to it. This is not a complete game' date=' or anywhere close.[/quote']

Yea, its pretty comfortable to excuse complete programming inability with some "ITS ALPHA BITCH". I mean, he tried to fix crashed heli's loot a few times in a row, then its starting working without any fixes and now its fucked again. Looks like someone just copy-pastes some code without understanding anything of it.

Show me a major patch for a game that released without bugs and I'll show you 10 which haven't.

Now with that in mind, also try to remember two things. One, that this is a mod. Rocket has to work around the quarks, bugs and limitations of the ArmA 2 engine. And two, that you are a Day Z pre-release tester, not a Day Z customer. If you don't like testing and debugging software then you should wait until the official Day Z release.

That said, I know Rocket wants us to enjoy the mod and I have faith any major issues will be dealt with promptly.

An important question: will this fix the bug, when you put on civilian clothes, camo clothes,etc and next time you log on you will swim in the middle of the Ocean?:angel:

Honestly don't like how Z's just keep respawning. Also 4 zombies always keep respawning in gas stations, stuck in one another.

Thanks for the update rocket, its defiantly heading in the right direction.

One thing I think people are failing to put together is that the ray tracing problem, where zombies attack through walls, may also be effecting the L.O.S. changes made to the zombies(it makes sense to reuse the ray tracing code for LOS coding.) Once the ray tracing gets patched back into functionality it should make the zombies easier to loose in towns, as well as stopping them from agro'ing through buildings.

fuck this update. its broken' date=' you can't hide from zombies, they can still hit you through walls, if you spawn in kamenka the game is basically unplayable due to the fact that you don;t even spawn with a makrov now.

fuck this gay earth

[/quote']

Oh how I lol'd. :D

wtf, almost every server is telling me they are running 1.7 and i have 1.7.1. but in the description it says it is running 1.7.1...

What an awful analogy. It's not ->

Lets make a mod for plane simulator and leave out the wings and see if we can crash land every time..But biggest turn off is heart beat.

It's 'Lets make a mod for plane simulator and leave out the ammunition but we still have a possibility to fly to some airport to rearm even though there's going to be enemy planes on our route.. and continue the fight from there on.'

besides that' date=' rocket knows what he's doing. that being said he and the rest of the dev team are PEOPLE who make mistakes or are trying different approaches of fixing a problem. its a darn alpha its allowed 2 screw up !

[/quote']

Lol, im a programmer and i've wrote some software with about a 300K strings of code in it, and i know what is "complexity". If you writing shit then it will work like shit, thats it.

So go make a mod, or your own game. I'm sure you've made lots of complex sandbox 3d based games. Oh wait, office use software is different, isn't it?

I know it isnt a complete game. But Im not going to just sit around and act like this update was good. Starting with no weapons would be ok IF this game wasnt a mod for Arma II. A military simulator. Lets make a mod for plane simulator and leave out the wings and see if we can crash land every time..But biggest turn off is heart beat.

Hahaha, love the flying metaphor xD

Personally, i like most of the changes. No weapon, very nice. Reduced starting gear, very nice. Harder Hitting zombies, another great addition. I even like the increased amount of zombies, it adds a wonderful sense of danger. The only thing i dont like is the zombies detection range, when combined with their run speed. Currently it is as if the zombies are given the eyes of a hawk, the agility of a gymnast, and the legs of Hussain Bolt! I dont mind having tons of zombies that move fast, but have a slightly harder time finding you, or tons of zombies that can detect you easily, but move closer to a jog speed. But all three, super fast, super perceptive AND tons of them? Its a little overkill.

Rocket, The mod is great, but you have to have a balance. I say keep the increased amounts of zombies, keep their new strength, lower their ability to spot you just slightly (by maybe 5-15 yards), increase their hearing dramatically (if i am firing a gun in a small town i want to attract every zombie in that town. Guns are loud after all!), but lower their speed to either a jog or a shuffle.

Thanks for your time.

So go make a mod, or your own game. I'm sure you've made lots of complex sandbox 3d based games. Oh wait, office use software is different, isn't it?

Oh i love how is everyone out there licking devs anuses.

You are failed in your attempts making rocket demigod or something.

Software isnt different from games. Games is software with "game" mechanics. Oh yes and i have some experience with games.

And it is not a game even, its just a mod. Game > mod. Fact.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

SixUpdater is still saying (in the bottom display) that ArmA2 is at version 1.60.0.87580 even after applying "ARMA2_OA_Build_938252".

DayZ version is correct (1.7.1 and green)

How do i update six updaters display? and be sure it is correct version?

If i use six updater to launch ArmA2 the version launched is the previous 1.60.0.87580 build, if i use the Beta Shorcut in ArmA2 Expansion beta folder only then game version is of course 1.60.0.938252

How can i sync Six Updater correctly?

besides that, rocket knows what he's doing. that being said he and the rest of the dev team are PEOPLE who make mistakes or are trying different approaches of fixing a problem. its a darn alpha its allowed 2 screw up !

[/quote']

Fuck that bullshit, I code in python, program in C#, and a little in Java. I've written some semi complex programs with multiple modules and I still couldn't fathom what it takes to do these devs jobs. My step brother is a professional programmer and says he would never make games because its too much work for too little reward when having to deal with dickheads like you.

Appreciate the reality of what your saying.

There is so much fucked up elitism in the air. This is almost unplayable now.

----

First I thought that the idea of spawning with no weapon was a horrible idea (as I read about it in a thread), but now I start to like it. I think it encourages teamplay and group up with strangers.

Do you fear of spawn camping? There is a good chance for it, but think about it: What do you gain? Some bandage and painkillers. Woopy!

You also loose humanity and that raises the heartbeat. Who will trust you with such a high heartbeat?

If anything you are as a spawncamper in a somehow danger. Now I have another reason to pick up a gun and hunt you down for yours.

As far as spawning goes: I hate the bugs where you spawn anywhere and I miss morphin. I don't know how fast you break your leg in a z fight now, but a broken leg is a reason to respawn for me, because it slows everything down.

-----

The new zombies are... a mix. Good and bad. Crawling around all the time is fore sure no fun. On the other hand I get highly rewarded now. Sometimes I feel like I get rewarded too much. Too much great loot right at simple structures. I also have the feeling that the item respawn rate is too high. I feel like decreasing the loot would fix this. Although I don't know how it will be after some days on a full server.

Zs are fucked up right now. A Z just spawned 1m in front of me in a small wood shed. They still walk through doors, they still hit you through walls. I believe that Zs could be alright if the bugs are fixed. Maybe they could be less aggro. I seriously can't see myself sneaking into a town without 3rd Person mode on. I would never hook up with strangers, because sneaking around in groups feels way too dangerous to me.

I played on a server with max. 150 Zs. That amount felt okay to me.

I never encounter a survivor or bandit so far. I can understand the worries of the gullie suit snipers. Maybe mix up the heartbeat with their visibility and nobody seams to have some sort of heartbeat sensor.

------

As it is now I have to warn my friends to not buy Arma2 for the mod now. Yesterday I could recommend it to all of them.

although i haven't got round to playing this new patch, im actually quite liking the sound of the changes ... i think :S

one thing i would like to see though is the flashlight taking up less space if you're gonna start with it (sorry if this has been bought up before). Essentially renders the backpack useless. IRL a torch does not fill up more than half of a backpack.

Handguns dont either, but i suppose i can see the reasoning behind that one...

And it is not a game even' date=' its just a mod. Game > mod. Fact.

[/quote']

Some mods nowadays are more complex than the games themselves. Fact.

On a Sidenote:

rocket i think food should be much more rare. Number one priority should be fighting over food imho. Could be acomplished with lesser spawnrate or more need for food. i think the lesser spawnrate maybe even a decreasing spawnrate (if possible) would be the more "realistic" approach.

There is so much fucked up elitism in the air. This is almost unplayable now.

As it is now I have to warn my friends to not buy Arma2 for the mod now. Yesterday I could recommend it to all of them.

very good

Recently died and logged off. I Didn't know you no longer spawn without a Makarov. You are completly right on that note. What's more with the new view range of the zombies makes it extremely difficult. Sure some players might like that. But I don't. So yeah until they set back the view range to what it was and adds some sort of starter gun I won't be playing. From my point of view it kind of broke the game.

Also zeds are still clipping through walls. Two times today I was attacked by zombies that were either on the other side of a wall or actually inside a building. I was completly silent and they did not have a LOS. Just a little bit annoying when a zed spontanouesly appears in front of you...

I'm still looking forward to the next update though.

And it is not a game even' date=' its just a mod. Game > mod. Fact.

[/quote']

Some mods nowadays are more complex than the games themselves. Fact.

That is because there is a good base, when you dont need to deal with all these low-level things and just focus on game mechanics.