Sign in to follow this  
Undead Knight

What did I get killed by?

I was running along minding my own business then suddenly I get shot by some kind of weapon, Only took two shots with full blood. The only way I can describe it... It sounded like a golfball being throw at a concrete wall, Very short shot's, Less than a second between them. So I'm just wondering, What the hell shot me?

• Like 1

Damn near impossible to tell without actually hearing it. Probably one of the sniper rifles.

Damn near impossible to tell without actually hearing it. Probably one of the sniper rifles.

Yeah, I guess so.. It just sounded really odd.

What if it was actually golf balls?

That's what it sounded like, Lol.

Was it Namalsk? The map you were on, I mean.

No, It was on chernarus.

Hmm two good shots from an AK or M3A4 would sound like that from close range, probably hitting you in the chest then head.

^This may be a correct theory as the bandit may want to use the least amount of bullets on you.

Coulda been the m14 aim. Its rapid firing and sounds kinda like the OP described. Plus its 8000 blood per hit. I loved my aim. Lost it when I glitched through a roof in namalsk and slid off into the water and the guy I was tracking shot me in the head with an M249.

Coulda been the m14 aim. Its rapid firing and sounds kinda like the OP described. Plus its 8000 blood per hit

Not exactly sure what a golf ball hitting concrete sounds like but i think it was the aim from a pretty long distance. noticed sometimes when my brother shoots any of his aks/akm they sound strange v.s. standing right by him so it may have been that too but you need to be a pretty good shot to only be hit twice with the ak/akm.

a good idea to try to recall is if you can remember where the first shot hit you because if it broke your legs in that .5 seconds before being shot again, it was either the aim or akm.

The sound you heard was any bullet hitting a hard surface within a short distance around you. Sometimes you hear this if you are shot in the head, it very well could of been a quick double tap of a DMR where it missed first shot and plugged you in the noggin the 2nd time. could of been anything mate, I know the exact sound you are talking about, and thats what it is.

It remembers me something....

Did it already happen to you to snipe in on a target and actually manage to hit the weapon ?

Many times it occured to me, I could even see pieces of stone flushing off the contact zone like if I had shooted on a wall.

Maybe its a glitch and has nothing to do with touching the weapon surface. But I need to know if I'm the only one who has experienced this

Like others have said before the gun that killed you was most definitely a DMR. He may have missed the first and capped you on the second shot or given you two quick body shots. He may have been a great distance away but the DMR can also hit from very close range and still do it's job.

that is correct, weapons deflect bullets if you hit them in ArmA2 :)

Edited by @ST