rocket

New Dev Blog Report: November 2012

That AA medical clip,

Thats just like in arma now?

Just a line of text "bandage wounds", then you could use "study body" to get that "shallow breathing" for symptoms...

Dont know what kind of stuff rocket has planned... but anyway that just reshaped arma2 menu system. Something more innovative for aplying stuff than just menus would be nice.

Man, that just made me realize if there's different types of diseases in the game, I'm going to have to learn all the symptoms.

• Like 1

Man, that just made me realize if there's different types of diseases in the game, I'm going to have to learn all the symptoms.

i like the idea. if you dont know how to treat a gunshot wound, you have to watch your best friend die in your arms.

every kind of injury should be serious in a apocalyptic world.

this would add some more drama^^

i like the idea. if you dont know how to treat a gunshot wound, you have to watch your best friend die in your arms.

every kind of injury should be serious in a apocalyptic world.

this would add some more drama^^

On a lighter note it could also provide potential comedic gold ala tropic thunder

Hey guys, does anyone know about these?

Will we be able to pre-order dayZ on steam?

Will there be some form of singleplayer feature?

Thanks

Are we expecting some sort of update on the progress today? The latest dev blog said they would have something by the end of this week and it's now Friday. Even news of a delay would be fine so I know I can spend this months money on something else!

True, Please tell something about relase date, it will be before Christmas?

Anyone has any news? I think rocket said he will have some update by the end of this week, just curious.

Rocket shouldn't have to apologise or explain why it is going to be on Steam...It's the obvious, and best choice.

• Like 1

I doubt you will get one, its after 11pm in the EU, so with the end of week update going missing, I think it's safe to assume this will be pushed to next year, more money for steams xmas sale then!

The latest update was uploaded around 01:30AM so we just have to wait, I don't think he's going to break his words because he said that if something could make the foundation release wait 'til next year he will discuss it publicly, so we have no other option than wait...

I think if he definitely knew there would be a delay, the news would have been out earlier. The silence is probably a good sign.

• Like 2

Silence tells me they are still tweaking things.

We will hear soon enough wither they hit a road block in the new setup that would push it to early 2013.

I'm sure it's being run through a lot of tests, Rocket want to make sure the Foundation is ready.

I like the silence actually. It ensures me that rocket & the team are working hard at the game in order to make the release date they are planning with. I think rocket is going with the tactic of completing all the tasks that are needed and then letting you answer the questions yourself once you play the game.

Wise moves... :thumbsup:

I would rather see a solid product then a buggy one, Either way if they don't make the deadline Rocket said isn't in any way shameful. It would be shamfull to release the game with bugs than without. One thing I would like to see in the release is when you are in a vehicle it isn't that loud, more realistic and the same goes for wilderness noises are way to high, you can't even hear people walking sometimes, and when you hear the ocen when you are not even near it is distracting and make it you can't change the brightness and gama ingame for night modes, and last but not least, give us the debugg monitor option back, or show us how much health we have by numbers in the blood meter, and kills and etc some how on the side of the screen or give up the option to add it or not have it on the screen. When you run low on food or water you lose blood and can't see it till your really low, Other than that hope to se a solid release either this month or next.

Good gramma, kept adding shit as I thought of it never mind the gramma, my engrish.

Edited by Pure
  • Like 1

I would rather see a solid product then a buggy one, Either way if they don't make the deadline Rocket said isn't in any way shameful. It would be shamfull to release the game with bugs than without. One thing I would like to see in the release is when you are in a vehicle it isn't that loud, more realistic and the same goes for wilderness noises are way to high, you can't even hear people walking sometimes, and when you hear the ocen when you are not even near it is distracting and make it you can't change the brightness and gama ingame for night modes, and last but not least, give us the debugg monitor option back, or show us how much health we have by numbers in the blood meter, and kills and etc some how on the side of the screen or give up the option to add it or not have it on the screen. When you run low on food or water you lose blood and can't see it till your really low, Other than that hope to se a solid release either this month or next.

Good gramma, kept adding shit as I thought of it never mind the gramma, my engrish.

Most things will be implanted, as far as i know. Besides the noises i think wont get an overhaul, cause you can change the settings for yourself in the Audio menu.

1.7.5 will change the "bloodicon" so that you can see, how much blood is left. No Idea if they changed that for Nurishment and thirst to, but i know that the "temperatureicon" eaven got an overhaul, so that its easyer to say when you are cold and when you are warm.

Please everybody, since rocket anounced that the tryes to make an MC like development, DayZ wont be finished at all when the Standalone comes out, so: expect the worst and hope for the best. That means Rocket will do everything (eaven delay the release) to make it a stable game, but every game has his teething problems.

Like Axon said with an MC development type cycle there will be issues even though the dev team is doing their best. Finding and fixing everything they can to have a good launch for the standalone. This is where the community needs to come together. We have to inform the dev team of any bugs that we will find. By doing this we will help this game be as great as we know it can be.

• Like 3

Like Axon said with an MC development type cycle there will be issues even though the dev team is doing their best. Finding and fixing everything they can to have a good launch for the standalone. This is where the community needs to come together. We have to inform the dev team of any bugs that we will find. By doing this we will help this game be as great as we know it can be.

True and hopefully we can, i have beta tested a few games and have always helped with feedback and reporting bugs so i know i will, but i know a lot of people won't. Instead they won't say anything and keep getting mad or just rage on the forums

Edited by chanman20
  • Like 1

Ok so I just went through all 19 pages... What surprises me the most, is everyone is hardcore focused on hats, player classes, and which distribution company we should use.

Why is there little to no focus on the zombies... This is supposed to be a zombie game.

Rocket, if you ever read this, can you shed light into any new zombie changes?

This is the things I feel that should be addressed:

1. The zombies need to be an actual threat

2. There needs to be more zombies (if something explodes or you have a huge gun fight, a horde comes)

3. More zombie skins

4. Zombies placed everywhere, not just cities

5. The ability to hide from zombies once aggro'd

6. De-limbing zombies/decapitating

7. Silent take down of zombies with hands/melee/knife

8. Barricading doors (perhaps in the style of Resident evil where you can slide furnature in front of doors/windows)

• Like 3

Ok so I just went through all 19 pages... What surprises me the most, is everyone is hardcore focused on hats, player classes, and which distribution company we should use.

Why is there little to no focus on the zombies... This is supposed to be a zombie game.

2. There needs to be more zombies (if something explodes or you have a huge gun fight, a horde comes)

3. More zombie skins

8. Barricading doors (perhaps in the style of Resident evil where you can slide furnature in front of doors/windows)

Other ideas are eaven as good as yours. But your point is a good one i think. (Other questions are not irelevant, i do like the fact that you will be able to costomize your avatar, you cant really be mad at someone who is happy about that fact, and jeah, Hats are great ;) )

Zombies are to weak rigth now, i think thats cause of there limited numbers. A Player should always fear zombies the most. I dont think Zombies are to weak in gerneral, they are only to few and on to less places. Only playermade shelters should be a safezone from Zombies, not the entire wilderness. Shooting a player should always concern you what to do with the surly coming zombieaggro rigth while the figth or after the figth.

Other ideas are eaven as good as yours. But your point is a good one i think. (Other questions are not irelevant, i do like the fact that you will be able to costomize your avatar, you cant really be mad at someone who is happy about that fact, and jeah, Hats are great ;) )

Zombies are to weak rigth now, i think thats cause of there limited numbers. A Player should always fear zombies the most. I dont think Zombies are to weak in gerneral, they are only to few and on to less places. Only playermade shelters should be a safezone from Zombies, not the entire wilderness. Shooting a player should always concern you what to do with the surly coming zombieaggro rigth while the figth or after the figth.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I'm the only one with good ideas. I just feel that the focus of the ideas should be more towards the zombies right now and we can worry about customizations later.

3. More zombie skins

zombies placed everywhere? u mean u cannot stop to make a fire or i cant put a tent in a save area... the i know its survival but... zombies everywhere would be just dumb

zombies placed everywhere? u mean u cannot stop to make a fire or i cant put a tent in a save area...

How would that be dumb? It's a ZOMBIE apocalypse. Granted, there shouldn't be massive hordes of zombies literally everywhere, but there should at least be some roaming in the forests and less densely populated areas.

• Like 4