Ballzdeep

A good non PvP server out there?

Non PvP is really not an option, you could rent your own server, or try to find a empty server. The lowest server I ever found was about 3/50 the ones under those usually have problems.

Other than that, I can't really tell you more.

The server I play on has no PvP. Email Jeremy. It's a Panthera map. Almost noone on it right now. Very stable. jrb0585@yahoo.com

Perhaps what you seek is a non-KOS server? There's still PvP but you have to make contact first thus giving everyone a fighting chance... instead of getting sniped by A-hole McGeez in a ghille hiding in brush hundreds of meters away.

I like DayZ RP

http://www.dayzrp.com/index.php

• Like 1

looking for a good non PvP for a little change up

Try Happy Isle. This is exactly what you're looking for.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/104793-happy-isle-pure-100-friendly-server-no-bandits-active-admins/#entry983576

Also, there's Breaking Point. It's not a non-pvp, but I mention it because the zeds have been cranked up, making their mod great when it comes to being an actual zombie survival mod. So there it is actually about focusing on survival and not about these 10 year old's who want to play CoD.

Unlike first person shooter games DayZ encourages a certain degree of cooperation for survival. Needing a partner for a transfusion, the ability to store gear in tents and vehicles, and the necessity of food make DayZ much more than a shoot on sight FPS...I've played those types of games, and while fun after a period of time they get boring. If your style is shoot on sight then cool, whatever floats your boat..but you're missing out on many aspects of the game that I find more interesting than shooting unarmed noobs from 500 yards away, or ambushing survivors for no other reason than I can.

I play because of the cooperation required for survivors to thrive in a hostile environment. I know this makes me a pussy in the eyes of some, but the possibilities for social interaction in DayZ and the ability to form groups is much more interesting to me than shooting unarmed or unaware noobs in the back. The need for subsistence, a partner for blood transfusions, and the ability to store, save and trade gear make this a more social experience than a typical FPS...I enjoy finding gear, storing it and then giving it away or trading it more than I enjoy getting shot at, although a bullet whizzing by your ear is exciting.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not complaining over getting shot, because that's part of the game and I usually congratulate those that get me. But DayZ is a much broader experience than a FPS, at least for me, and there's other aspects of the game I find more enjoyable than the shoot on sight mentality.

Above all though, it's your game so play it how you like and have fun... it's all good.

WTF gives you the impression or the right to say Im a KOS player? I am far from it and as I have said in previous posts I make contact with 90% of people I run into. Some of these people decide to shoot and some become good friends. This is what the game is about for me and I don't understand why people would want to skip this part of it and just put themselves against an easy foe like the mindless zeds. So I asked a valid question and you have answered it, as I suspected you are going to sit about trading farmed loot. Sounds like a blast, have fun with that.

WTF gives you the impression or the right to say Im a KOS player? I am far from it and as I have said in previous posts I make contact with 90% of people I run into. Some of these people decide to shoot and some become good friends. This is what the game is about for me and I don't understand why people would want to skip this part of it and just put themselves against an easy foe like the mindless zeds. So I asked a valid question and you have answered it, as I suspected you are going to sit about trading farmed loot. Sounds like a blast, have fun with that.

To be fair, the way he or anyone else wants to play is not really any concern of yours so you don't have to be so sarcastic about it. If you truly do not get any enjoyment out of the game other than by making contact/shooting people then thats the way you like to play - just accept that there is more to the game wether or not you like it. For instance I personally like the desolation and atmosphere of a low population server so I get less player contact, but that makes it a much more thrilling experience when I do. I can't imagine that many other players like that but I'm fine with that, I don't post on PVP/bandit kill threads asking ' killing bambi's on high pop servers is so boring wth do you get out of it?' I just accept that some people like that.

Personally, I play at british one hit wonder http://www.1hw.co.uk

There is a policy that if you state you are friendly when entering for the night, you very rarely get attacked. I got shot once in an accident, but that is about it. On the other hand, PvP'ers are sneaking around near the hot spots, trying to get the drop on one another.