Sign in to follow this  

How to fly a plane?

I'm not sure what section I could have put this in so I thought I'd slap it in here. I've been playing on this server, I'm pretty sure it's a private hive, but recently there's been planes introduced into it, specifically the AN2_DZ. I have looked all over the internet and on youtube and even in bootcamp but there is nothing that shows you how to fly them. This is extremely frustrating. All I can do is fly up for a few seconds then come back down and blow up. I can fly a heli perfectly, but I have no clue as to what the controls are for a plane or how to fly them / jets. I'm more interested in learning how to fly planes because to my knowledge jets haven't been introduced into dayz yet, although it would be nice to know how to fly jets as well. Thanks.

Armory. That is all.

Go to the Armory in Arma2, look on google for a code how to unlock all the unlockables. It will give you access to the exact plane you want. I´m limited on helping you right now, I´m on my mac.

Well original arma players would know but for those who just bought arma for DayZ i only have this to say...play some real Arrma 2 and learn.

• Like 3

Go into control options and select flight/aircraft.

There you have only the required.

Go into SP/Editor, select Island/map, double click lmb on airfield select unit/air, choose required...

Crash/fly/crash/fly, to your hearts delight.

No need for codes to unlock stuff, just go to Operation Arrowhead in steam (if that's what you're using) and right-click on it. Choose Properties and then select Launch Setting Options. Cut the text out of that box and save it somewhere, so you don't lose it - like a text file. Then run OA and it will run without dayz. Go into the Armory (Armex) and you can fly any plane or helicopters and drive any vehicles around chernarus whenever you like. Just remember to paste the text back into the Launch settings box so you can play dayz. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

No need for codes to unlock stuff, just go to Operation Arrowhead in steam (if that's what you're using) and right-click on it. Choose Properties and then select Launch Setting Options. Cut the text out of that box and save it somewhere, so you don't lose it - like a text file. Then run OA and it will run without dayz. Go into the Armory (Armex) and you can fly any plane or helicopters and drive any vehicles around chernarus whenever you like. Just remember to paste the text back into the Launch settings box so you can play dayz. :thumbsup:

I was talking about a code in Armory so you unlock all the vehicles.

Hello there mate!

I see you got ALOT of irrelllevant replies here like noone ever bothered to read your post.

I make certain assumptions: the plane is landed on the runway, you are inside the plane as pilot, you are not in free view.

OK lets fly!

You hold Q to gas and go forward at all times. even on the runway.

You turn by moving the mouse left and right even on the runway.

Your mouse is not reverted by default so moving the plane up from the runway means moving your mouse "north" /up/ 12 o'clock.

So hold Q untill your plane starts moving (not too fast) then turn it to the end of the runway facing the other end.

Now just hold Q untill you are atleast 100-150 mph then slowly take off.

enjoy your flight captain! ;)

Hello there mate!

I see you got ALOT of irrelllevant replies here like noone ever bothered to read your post.

I make certain assumptions: the plane is landed on the runway, you are inside the plane as pilot, you are not in free view.

OK lets fly!

Your mouse is not reverted by default so moving the plane up from the runway means moving your mouse "north" /up/ 12 o'clock.

So hold Q untill your plane starts moving (not too fast) then turn it to the end of the runway facing the other end.

Pretty much this, but the An-2's take off speed certainly isn't 100-150mph. It is about 70kph and the cruise speed is more like 170kph.

I managed to get a code to unlock the vehicles, however this still doesn't tell me how to fly it. How do I it least get it in the air? How do I properly land it? The only thing I've learned is that Q increases speed Z decreases, x and c tilt, e makes you dive and wasd control the movement.

Edit: New replies; thanks for the replies, so I move my mouse up to make it take off? I'm a bit confused.

Edited by Guest

Hello there mate!

OK lets fly!

You can´t just say our replies are "irrelevant" and then literally explain it really poorly. I told him to go to Armory because then, no matter how many times he crashes he will always be able to restart quickly.

I managed to get a code to unlock the vehicles, however this still doesn't tell me how to fly it. How do I it least get it in the air? How do I properly land it? The only thing I've learned is that Q increases speed Z decreases, x and c tilt, e makes you dive and wasd control the movement.

Edit: New replies; thanks for the replies, so I move my mouse up to make it take off? I'm a bit confused.

Just fly around and try yourself. Landing can be very hard for some to master, same thing with takeoff. You´ll have to just train and train until you get it right.

Just fly around and try yourself. Landing can be very hard for some to master, same thing with takeoff. You´ll have to just train and train until you get it right.

What is this even suppose to mean?! I don't even know HOW to take off never mind practice it! Why is everyone beating around the bush I just want an answer, it's like I'm asking the most difficult philosophical question ever asked or something.

You´re not asking the most difficult question ever, but it´s not the easiest task to answer it correctly so you can learn how to fly by just reading. Just TRY to land on an airstrip, turn the plane, then TRY to takeoff. Do this 5-10 times and you´ve got a basic amount of skill.

Alright well I figured out how to get it in the air, just hold Q, then when its a decent amount in the air hold S.

You won´t learn by not doing. Just keep taking off / landing, don´t nosedive too much and try to have a good speed when landing / taking off. With a couple of hours practice this will be easy.

ok fuckstick

in editor load chernarus

click units in the menu

double click on 1 end of the airfield

place the desired plane and select player as pilot

hold shift and rotate it in line with the runway

ctrl+c your plane

move to one of the other run ways,

place and rotate it,

select "playable"

do the same for the final airstrip,

you may get 2 or more side by side

point your plane down a runway

hold the increase thrust button

build up speed

use 80% of the runway for nothing but holding (Increase thrust)

when you got 50-200 metres (depending on whats at the end of the runway)

hold for (flaps down)

this is also a good time to raise the gear

keep ascending until your @ 100 altidute

do what the fuck u want after this, keep a safe cruising speed and practise in editor.

if your trying to land, go into a verticle nose dive

hit the ground at speed

gg nancy boy.

or learn the basics in the boot camp "fixed wing/vtol aircraft"

and practise in editor with the an2

like people have told u to do

W, A - Pitch Up/Down

A, D - Roll Left/Right

X,C - Rudder Left/Right

Q,Z - Throttle Up/Down

Middle Mouse Button = Action Menu. Scroll with Mouse Wheel to access:

Engine Off

Eject

Landing Gear Up/Down

Flaps Up/Down (Half/Fully). Flaps Down for take-off and landing, Up for cruising

What morgan32 said.

Lots of people saying armory... why? Just spawn one in the editor with you as pilot and off you go. Also probably worth practicing gliding it to a safe landing in case your engine gets destroyed/you run out of fuel etc.

Edited by sALADIN1

I reassigned throttle up/down to W/S

To get off the ground, use the mouse menu and lower flaps one notch. Increase throttle, when you're speed is high enough to create lift, raise the nose slowly, so you don't lose too much speed and climb slowly. When you make turns or wants to climb, keep an eye on your airspeed, if you turn too tight or climb too fast, it will turn red and you'll start to stall.

Edited by Dallas

why does every dayZ youtube channel feel the need to adopt the 'examplenameOnYTin1080p'? be original for gods sake. so many people have the 'onPC' or 'in1080p'. just because the overrated hacker frankie uses it doesnt make it cool.

• Like 1

Elf Cakes: Perhaps, but you must admit, that text usage is quite eye catching... good contrast, clear text layout...

why does every dayZ youtube channel feel the need to adopt the 'examplenameOnYTin1080p'? be original for gods sake. so many people have the 'onPC' or 'in1080p'. just because the overrated hacker frankie uses it doesnt make it cool.

free advertisement dawg $$$

/s