r4z0r49

L85 Should it stay or go

L85  

644 members have voted

1. 1. Should the BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS be removed from Dayz?

• Yes
    • No
    • Replace with an Alternative (without Thermal)

I think it should stay, The only reason I play the game is for the military equipment

Have you ever considered, you know... Playing the fucking game the mod is attached to?!

• Like 7

I hope you will put this weapon out of the game!

It is nothing more than a kind of wall hack. It would be a great thing to get rid of the L85! The thermal sight is too mighty!

Have you ever considered, you know... Playing the fucking game the mod is attached to?!

Yes I have considered that..I personally didnt think there was a problem with using the military gear in the Mod thou.

Yes I have considered that..I personally didnt think there was a problem with using the military gear in the Mod thou.

Just go play ArmA. There you can fight with all the weapons and you have your military simulation. But please stay away from DayZ. I think, you are also a guy who shoots someone with a double-barreled shotgun over 1 mile away with an AS50 and say: "He was armed and I am playing a military simulation." I think you do not understand this game.

• Like 2

I envision it to be one of those very rare drop weapons as opposed to every duped kiddie out there packing one.

i don't understand. the rarest weapons always are the most duped ones, so you're contradicting yourself.

edit:

if this thermal sight stays in the game because of a few third-person cheaters i'm disappointed. but i guess this (poll) only concerns the mod, not the standalone?!

Edited by spliff

Just go play ArmA. There you can fight with all the weapons and you have your military simulation. But please stay away from DayZ. I think, you are also a guy who shoots someone with a double-barreled shotgun over 1 mile away with an AS50 and say: "He was armed and I am playing a military simulation." I think you do not understand this game.

Thanks for your valuable input.. For your knowledge I do not like the sniper rifles and shooting someone over a mile away!!! well enough said I think.

Not trying to start anything mate, but if they remove all the military aspects weapons wise, they might as well get rid of all the guns, bases and vehicles military related. Get rid of the military tents, smoke grenades frag grenades, Ghillie suits and anything else that might come up as "military related".

The only reason there would be military equipment in the game is because of the military bases located around Chernarus. Take those away and we just have cities and industrial areas.

JoeDaddy92

The reason is simple, force people to use more flashlights, chemical lights and flares, this would give a survival aspect to the game, let darker, but none of it work without lock gamma and brightness in menu.

Edited by vacalouca

Remove it please and once you do it, please make sure you wipe all characters,tents,vehicles so duppers won't dupe it.

I think it should stay, The only reason I play the game is for the military equipment, I love using the NV and thermal gear, Someone said make it so wearing a ghillie will hide from thermal, That is not realistic, Thermal shows everything in real life so it should in game, Make the gear extremly rare and limit thermal viewing range to say 500 meters? Make the Nv not as affective in rain or fog? Also change the thermal vision to black and white like proper military thermal is, not orange...

Please keep in game thou, its the best part of the game for alot of us.

If you like the military aspect of the game then you're in luck because Arma2 has a ton of mods and scenarios available. Go over to armaholics site and search through the mod section.

Many DayZ players get upset because others come along and they've turned this zombie survival horror mod in to nothing more than their own personal CoD. Players who enjoy the pvp, you guys are only hurting yourselves by only playing DayZ. They are so many other mods set up for exactly what you're looking for.

One of the more popular apocalyptic pvp mods right now is called Wasteland.

It's set in Chernarus. There's 3 factions; optfor, blufor, and civilians. There's base building, a vast amount of different military weapons, and a bunch of vehicles, and there's even side missions. Playing is easy as you do nothing more than start up A2OA and join a Wasteland server.

Jump on YouTube and check out some of the videos. It may be just what you're looking for.

• Like 4

That scope is very very overpowered so I would like it removed. Also contrary to what most people seem to say, L85 is not inaccurate at all, in fact it is very accurate for an AR if you don't mess with its default zeroing. I had one for a long time and tested it a lot. Only thing it is not good for is close quarters (if you don't have crosshairs) because of the magnifying scope.

If it is removed it needs to be banned so that it cannot be spawned by skiddies.

Don't remove weapon variety :3

(Just get rid of thermals)

• Like 1

If you like the military aspect of the game then you're in luck because Arma2 has a ton of mods and scenarios available. Go over to armaholics site and search through the mod section.

Many DayZ players get upset because others come along and they've turned this zombie survival horror mod in to nothing more than their own personal CoD. Players who enjoy the pvp, you guys are only hurting yourselves by only playing DayZ. They are so many other mods set up for exactly what you're looking for.

It's set in Chernarus. There's 3 factions; optfor, blufor, and civilians. There's base building, a vast amount of different military weapons, and a bunch of vehicles, and there's even side missions. Playing is easy as you do nothing more than start up A2OA and join a Wasteland server.

Jump on YouTube and check out some of the videos. It may be just what you're looking for.

You forgot about a certain type of player, the type of player I am. I enjoy the PVP aspect due to the intensity, if I die I am going to have to start from the start again. Saying 'just go play ArmA' is stupid because I get handed the equipment. In DayZ I have to spend hours, days, weeks and even months getting certain things and when I lose that gear, it really sucks!

I will not shoot you on the coast but as soon as you're north of Mogilevka, it's game on!

• Like 1

Keep it in, variety is the spice of life.

Fix the duping/hacking problem

Wipe the hive

Re-introduce with 0.01 probability on choppers

Remove it, along with most of the other high-end military gear. Add variety to the more common, less sophisticated guns/weaponry.

:thumbsup:

:beans:

The scope's way overpowered.

Uncooled thermal scopes don't work that way. Make the image really grainy (way, way worse than binocs), reduce the magnification to 2.7x, and really pixelate it. Likely the detector in that thing is at best 640x480 pixels (that's about half in each direction of minimum gaming screen resolution).

Then make it useless for about half an hour after sunrise, and half an hour before sunset (look up thermal-crossover).

Then, make it use, and eat batteries.

At about 300m+, you shouldn't be able to tell a goat from a human, let alone what kind of gun a dude is carrying at that range.

Or, in its present form, remove it.

AC

(edit, got my before and after messed up, fixed)

Edited by AIRCAV
  • Like 2

Thanks for that, I will check it out for sure. sounds perfect ;)

The scope's way overpowered.

Uncooled thermal scopes don't work that way. Make the image really grainy (way, way worse than binocs), reduce the magnification to 2.7x, and really pixelate it. Likely the detector in that thing is at best 640x480 pixels (that's about half in each direction of minimum gaming screen resolution).

Then make it useless for about half an hour after sunrise, and half an hour before sunset (look up thermal-crossover).

Then, make it use, and eat batteries.

At about 300m+, you shouldn't be able to tell a goat from a human, let alone what kind of gun a dude is carrying at that range.

Or, in its present form, remove it.

AC

(edit, got my before and after messed up, fixed)

That could work, That way it would stay in the game, I agree it needs to be toned down a whisker but not removed.

My clan only recently found a thermal L85 and and as seen as i was the best eye of the group I got given the gun. I reckon keep it, its got probably the lowest chance of being found and it is probably the most highly prized weapon in the game. Perhaps limit the number that are available per server so, if someone has one on a server it blocks any more from spawning. Max of three per server perhaps.

Also, while were on the subject, I was playing on a dayz server last weekend on GloVine server becore it closed. I had the gun equipped and my latop was soon to turn of due to overheating. I originally thought it might of been because of my laptop switching off during a combat timer but server admins havnt gotten back to me so thats leaving me to possible think, did i get banned cause i have a L85?

My Clan puts all L85 we find in Zombies. Then hide them. We have all the same opinion: Out of thermal sights in DayZ. Like already mentioned: People who want this kind of overpowered guns could just play another mod. Wasteland is a great example. But please, take it out of DayZ.

Edited by Draxx
  • Like 1

Make the l85 have some kind of batteries, so the use of the thermal-vision is limited.

Make it spawn with a full battery and maybe add in l85 batteries as a very rare drop or something?

Just a suggestion for it to be not all the way overpowered.

I'd be fine with all the NVGs, NV Scopes and Thermal Scopes *IF* and *ONLY* *IF*, they required four or five different scavenged parts that you had to assemble. Also give it a really short battery life since I believe all that stuff is going to require batteries in standalone.

I am envisioning a clan taking over a week to assemble a thermal scope only to have the guy that holds it get cholera and they are forced to bury his body along with his guns. *THAT* is the DayZ I want to play.

Edited by Erizid
  • Like 1

Keeping the L85 in the game without the thermal optics seems the best choice and it appearently is so far! I mean the NVGoggles alone are quite the advantage already. thermal vision just takes the advantage aspect to a somewhat unfair level in my opinion.

remove it, any weapon that allows someone to quickly scan an area and instantly spot any players is overpowered, especially when there is no counter. the gun is fine, it's the thermal. if you're going to keep it in, there needs to be some kind of counter. here are some quick suggestion that could make it more balanced if you decide to keep it: remove zoom completely while in thermal, deployable glowsticks that give off heat signature (that can fool thermal at longer ranges), or require the thermal scope to use batteries (which are seperate loot spawn).