WildGunsTomcat

Be aware, I'm going to start banning.

Killing people in the debug area is also an exploit and people get banned for it, yet you don't hear anyone bitching and moaning about those bans.

lol

Until a Dev tells me to stop....I'm going to admin my server and keep exploiters away from my players.

And none of your tears will stop me.

End of story. ;0)

So what the fuck are you doing on the forums talking about it if you don't want a discussion?

So what the fuck are you doing on the forums talking about it if you don't want a discussion?

He wasn't opening it fr discussion. He was making a statement. A public service announcement, if you will.

Trolls gonna troll.

He wasn't opening it fr discussion. He was making a statement. A public service announcement' date=' if you will.

[/quote']

It's funny, rocket made one of those. Apparently OP is above being contacted in such a way and needs a personal address. Why he thinks he's so important I have no idea.

He can troll all he likes with his replies, where he's just trying to wind people up, but there's no getting away from the fact that rocket said 'you can ONLY do it for this' which means, nothing else, and he decided, nah that doesn't apply to me because he hasn't said it to my face.

Which is exactly what's happened here, and I don't think there's any way you can try and argue that that's not what's happened here.

I am the admin of Chicago 21 and 22.

I am seeing a LOT of DC'ers now.

Before the tears start flowing and the threads start popping up on the servers....anyone that DC's on me is getting an insta-ban.

I'm not fucking around anymore. I'm sick of PVP'ing someone and they DC on me or sit in the fucking lobby like a coward.

I expect vitriol for this' date=' not a single fuck was given. You're exploiting a weakness in Arma 2 and until Rocket patches this coward shit out...I'm going to remove you weak fucks from my atmosphere.

That is all.

[/quote']

Go play CoD.

QQAdmin

regards+

E: after reading this thread, i think you should contact your doctor about this concern, he can for sure tell you what to do.

Get well

Have you considered not trying to murder helpless people? This may help with your problem.

Also, Prep H for that hurt.

Banning for Cheats, Hacks & Exploits are fine for me. Its not even a global ban, so the Exploiters can search for another Server to exploit on.

@ThreadOpener: Less rage and swearing would be nice.

Powermolch, that's not really the point. The point is that the Devs have put out fairly strict rules for hosting. Your same logic of 'the exploiters can search for another server to exploit on' could be applied to anything (the clan that just killed the hosts can find another server to play on, the person who disagreed with the admin can find another server to play on, the person who did anything the admin didn't like can...you get the idea)

For me this is far less about a few people getting banned from a server, and more about the flood gates it opens for admins to start banhammering whoever for whatever reason they decide is legitimate regardless of what rules are out there.

The rules say we are allowed to ban for disruptive behaviour. DCing to avoid death is an exploit and therefore disruptive behaviour.

We are fully within our rights to ban DCers.

To be honest I think you're stretching 'disruptive behaviour' there to fit whatever you want to apply it to.

Disruptive behaviour is swearing, spamming the voice chat with comms etc. The definition of disrupt is to interrupt, a person disconnecting does not interrupt your game play, your game play can continue, disconnecting is NOT disruptive behaviour, unless you're making up your own definitions of what the word 'disrupt' means.. It's just anger/rage that makes you want to do something to them, nothing more.

If they were hacking and stood in a doorway blocking you from leaving but had some kind of god mode on, that's disruptive behaviour.

Standing in the middle of Electro playing Numa Numa Eh down the side chat so everyone nearby can hear it, that's disruptive behaviour.

Plus rockets solution to the problem has been put into place, meaning it is no longer an exploit as it's been addressed in the manner he intended to use to counter it.

Powermolch' date=' that's not really the point. The point is that the Devs have put out fairly strict rules for hosting. Your same logic of 'the exploiters can search for another server to exploit on' could be applied to anything (the clan that just killed the hosts can find another server to play on, the person who disagreed with the admin can find another server to play on, the person who did anything the admin didn't like can...you get the idea)

For me this is far less about a few people getting banned from a server, and more about the flood gates it opens for admins to start banhammering whoever for whatever reason they decide is legitimate regardless of what rules are out there.

[/quote']

That's exactly it, I never DC from fights, and on our own server we don't ban for it.

At the end of the day, 'you can only' is pretty clear. It doesn't say 'you can only - apart from this as well' it says 'you can only' Stretching things to fit your own ideology and blurring the lines isn't what we want from server admins.

Powermolch' date=' that's not really the point. The point is that the Devs have put out fairly strict rules for hosting. Your same logic of 'the exploiters can search for another server to exploit on' could be applied to anything (the clan that just killed the hosts can find another server to play on, the person who disagreed with the admin can find another server to play on, the person who did anything the admin didn't like can...you get the idea)

[/quote']

Yes its true. My job is Admin in RL, not for Game Servers, and Im used to be trusted by my "clients" and I would not make a decision out of nowhere.Its my job not to do, and I would lose my job if I would.

But I can see what you are talking about and Vipeax reply http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18145&pid=163701#pid163701 in the other related thread is somewhat true and I often don't think about it cause Im used to the normal Admin->user behavior.

DCing in PvP Firefights is just lame and I sometimes get angry about it, but not as angry as the thread opener. I hope Rocket will find a Solution for it that cant be exploited. Not by the Players - not by the Admins.

To be honest I think you're stretching 'disruptive behaviour' there to fit whatever you want to apply it to.

Disruptive behaviour is swearing' date=' spamming the voice chat with comms etc. The definition of disrupt is to interrupt, a person disconnecting does not interrupt your game play, your game play can continue, disconnecting is NOT disruptive behaviour, unless you're making up your own definitions of what the word 'disrupt' means.. It's just anger/rage that makes you want to do something to them, nothing more.

If they were hacking and stood in a doorway blocking you from leaving but had some kind of god mode on, that's disruptive behaviour.

Standing in the middle of Electro playing Numa Numa Eh down the side chat so everyone nearby can hear it, that's disruptive behaviour.[/quote']

I'm sorry, but I find exploiting the system to avoid dying to be disruptive behaviour. Especially considering these assholes often come back and shoot the legitimate players in the back.

I won't have it on my server. If you can't play a hardcore, perma-death survival mod without cheating, you're not welcome on the server I pay for.

Plus rockets solution to the problem has been put into place, meaning it is no longer an exploit as it's been addressed in the manner he intended to use to counter it.

Rocket's solution wasn't working, the last time I checked.

yeah Rocket hasn't gotten anything in place yet to address this unfortunately.

And yeah I was angry when I started this thread. I had been DC'ed on 8 times in a row that day, so I was a little pissy. Not the best time to open a thread.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?...#pid163701

But I got the answer from the dev that I wanted, so I think this thread can die now.

Admins are free to ban DCers when caught (as was discussed around a month ago)

Well Griff it certanly doesent look that way..

Rocket: In short, their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc. (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3593&pid=32449#pid32449)

Rocket: Everyone gets equal, fair, access to the world

(http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3593&pid=32584#pid32584)

And the OP of this post is just so, so deluded I dont even know where to start.

Christ WildGunsTomcat get a grip and stop spamming the forums with your nonsense.

Well Griff it certanly doesent look that way..

Rocket: In short' date=' their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc. (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3593&pid=32449#pid32449)

Rocket: Everyone gets equal, fair, access to the world

(http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3593&pid=32584#pid32584)

And the OP of this post is just so, so deluded I dont even know where to start.

Christ WildGunsTomcat get a grip and stop spamming the forums with your nonsense.

[/quote']

Regardless of what you think. Or how you want to spin other peoples posts in your favour.

Most servers will ban for it.

You can come to the forums and cry about it.

The Devs wont give a shit, you will stay banned, they wont blacklist the server.

/thread.

Christ Corvax. We are going to ban for people who ruin the game by exploiting and disconnecting. Get over it already. Stop trying to fight that we're not allowed to do it, because all you're really fighting for is your 'right' to spam alt-F4 every time someone shoots at you.

DCing is inexcusable. If I gather proof to back it up, I WILL ban players for it.

Don't play a goddamned hardcore survival, perma-death mod, if you're too pussy to actually play it without cheating.

If you don't disconnect to avoid death, you've got nothing to fear from 'power-hungry' and 'deluded' admins like me and Wildgunstomcat.