Ander (DayZ)

VEHICLE UPDATE (database side): 2012-06-16

its an alpha, Things are going to get updated, things will get reset.

Keep up the great work Devs!

great' date=' now we have to run around to get the vehicles fixed again. just great guys

[/quote']

Cry more will you, its making me smile, smile, smile. It shouldnt come as a surprise this happened. Vehicles where bugged and most of them where stored in some secret location kilometers outside the map. That and its alpha.

TBH the lack of character wipes and full server reset on each patch have been lacking tbh.

Anders please look at our server DE6 - after the initial vehicle update some few weeks ago, it removed all our spawned choppers and we never got them back and they don't respawn either according to rpt.

So since we had them before, we'd like them back as soon as you can , ta!

@Exigo

Your hatecampaign against outofmap-storing players is starting to become ridiculous. We all got your opinion by now.

@Exigo

Your hatecampaign against outofmap-storing players is starting to become ridiculous. We all got your opinion by now.

Sincerely, from everyone who ever spent a few hours to find a nice location for a tent inside the map: We fucking hate you offmappers. They're just one notch down from server hoppers, which is one notch down from actual hack users.

@Exigo

Sincerely' date=' from everyone who ever spent a few hours to find a nice location for a tent inside the map: We fucking hate you offmappers. They're just one notch down from server hoppers, which is one notch down from actual hack users.

[/quote']

where is chopper radar users in that hierarchy of cheaters?

So my campaign is becoming ridiculous, what is your stand on the amount of posts being made complaining about the upcoming change then.

Are you sure?? Because i can go on, just like the other side have been. Its not like im the only one saying it. I just have the time and energy to answer back at the people complaining about their precious hidden loot. Fair is it not? Or is it only allowed to complain about the change a lot?

Edit! I will let it rest there and not derail the thread more. If you need to keep discussing it pm me

MessHall, They HAD to be removed, causing enough lag to really jack up the servers when used. I doubt they will give them back the way they were or in the same positions.

Glad vehicles are going to respawn now and are randomized, should stop people from farming the old spawns for that particular vehicle.

stupid update lost 5 days worth of fixing cars and storing stuff in them what a joke

@Exigo

And that campaign was reasonable, and those protestations have resulted in some of these changes.

Some of us would like to have a shot at vehicles, and you guys who just grab them all when your admin buddy times a restart for you, then pull them all off of the map for you and your friends get annoying.

For now, going off map is allowable, but when there are only finite vehicles per server and they are being hoarded off map... that's just a cheap move. Not against any rule, but cheap and what I would expect of cheap players.

I would prefer a lesser timer like three days, I hope it's significantly less than 7 (I know, it's sooper sekrit!).

I'm not arguing against your opinion Exigo. I just think all your "hahaha fuck you offmappers" etc. comments sound immature.

I'm not placing Stuff outside the map and I lost lot's of vehicles which I stored inside the borders of chernarus so no need for insults Thygrrr. ;)

Again: I agree with all the points you make just don't act like a kid by flaming around in all the topics.

Legacy choppers that arent respawning are gone.

They are damaged beyond repair and wont spawn in.

Sorry but you'll have to wait a bit.

@teary-eyed people: hey, we're making a game and this is alpha :) we're sorry you lost some stuff but it's done so things can improve.

Wow.. :\

Would have been nice to have a warning for this.

Me and my clan have had about 5 vehicles all FULL with loot including some of the best stuff you can get in the game, all sorts of stuff and now we just lost it completely without any warning..

We weren't one of the clans hiding them outside of the map either - We had them findable.. now we all just lost our loot which has taken us a couple of weeks to collect.

Really lame.

EDIT: Oh nice, Just remembered I chucked my NVGs and GPS in an atv before I went for a raid this morning and now have lost both of those.. Had those NVGs for about a month and have only ever seen one pair in about 200 hours of DayZ

Well it's an alpha' date=' but I think you know that

[/quote']

Of course.. I understand and it's our fault for being invested in them and expecting them to stay there but still.. it's a shitty feeling having that much work wasted, alpha or not :(

Well it's an alpha' date=' but I think you know that

[/quote']

Of course.. I understand and it's our fault for being invested in them and expecting them to stay there but still.. it's a shitty feeling having that much work wasted, alpha or not.

dayzski.png

it is alpha ect.

"Of course.. I understand and it's our fault for being invested in them and expecting them to stay there but still.. it's a shitty feeling having that much work wasted, alpha or not"

Well maybe you shouldn't be hoarding vehicles like a tool anyways.

I've played for about 30 hours and have yet to see a SINGLE VEHICLE.

Why, you ask? Because annoying people like yourself keep hoarding 5+ vehicles in a single spot, off the map or on it, doesn't matter.

You don't need that many vehicles, so I'm actually glad you lost your crap. Suffer like the rest of us, at least you EVEN FOUND A VEHICLE.

7 days respawn is WAAAAY too long, should be reset daily to prevent these hoardmongers.

And IMO if you get over 3+ (parked) vehicles together it should just reset them back to spawn again. Stop letting clans have garages full of the entire server's vehicle spawn. If they are currently being driven in packs thats legit, but hoarding vehicles by the dozen is a load of crap. They should be driven daily or respawn, that could work and prevent serious hoarding..

Not everyone has even driven a vehicle, much less has the choice of 8 to pick from for the days cruise.

I've beta tested like 30 games and I didn't need the experience to tell me that.

Btw, Not trying to discredit the update or anything, it's great and I'll take what I can get. Just wanted to one up these QQ'ers.. "oh no I had 5 vehicles and now my gear inside them is gone." Well boohoo I haven't even ridden a bicycle or anything for that matter and I've been playing nonstop for almost a full week. So yeah I lol'd when I read that.

But yeah thumbs up to all the fast updates, and the amazing game in general!