TheRealist

DayZ framerate issue on a very high-end PC?

I have been getting about 30-40 fps in wilderness and 17-27 fps in cities. I recently upgraded my pc from a gtx 560 ti and im still getting the same fps.

I have tried to optimise my settings and tried the CFG file thing - this did help about 5 fps.

I know arma 2 is a pretty CPU intensive game, but im sure my CPU is fit enough for it.

System SPECS:

- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz

- AMD Sapphire 7870

- Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

It's strange as i play orher games 60 fps+ on ultra and i get 65-75 fps on BF3 ultra as well.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks.

Try lowering your visual settings. If this fixes it, then you know it is a computer-side problem.

If that doesn't work, then it is most likely an internet related problem. Ping, server, etc. Have you tried cities on different servers?

Also, when was the last time you restarted your computer?

• Like 1

Bare in mind too that Arma II / DayZ is VERY badly optimized.

I get around the same framerate as I do in Battlefield maxed out.

Your card is more than enough for this though.

I'd personally try reinstalling Arma II then reinstalling/updating everything through DayZCommander - that seems to fix a lot of problems.

tbh its your cpu holding you back.

arma loves cpu power !

before you say but i play this and that i just went from a similar rig oc to 3.8 to a newer i5 3570k and my fps with same gc has doubled !

minimum i would get with phenom @ 3.8 would be as low as 20 fps now its 40 -45 !!!!

so i would lower settings or think about upgrading if play arma based games.

Try lowering your visual settings. If this fixes it, then you know it is a computer-side problem.

If that doesn't work, then it is most likely an internet related problem. Ping, server, etc. Have you tried cities on different servers?

Also, when was the last time you restarted your computer?

I have tried to lower my visuals - however the fps literally says the same. My connection is good and i restarted my pc yesterday.

Hmm, looks like i'll just bare with it. It is still playable and i will upgrade to an i5 soon.

I have the same setup as you have with CPU and GPU. i get slightly higher framerates as a whole. have you looked into parameter tweaks and the nvidia control panel?

Overclocking your cpu really makes a difference. Even if its just rom 3.4 to 3.8 or 4.0. My experience is that arma needs at about 4k to run comfortably at high graphics

Going from a 560 ti to a 7870 is a very very small increase, and most certainly not worth the money.

Is it? Well i experienced almost a 30 fps increase in all games.

Is it? Well i experienced almost a 30 fps increase in all games.

I've got a friend with the same setup as me, but he has a 7870, where as I have a 560ti. We used to play BF3 together, and I get around 55-60fps and he got around 60-65fps. So not much of a difference.

There must have been something wrong with your old GPU

you need to tell the game to use your 4 cores, adding a -cpucount=4 and -exthreads=7 to your startup parameters, it should go way better

also try setting objects detail low, its really the worst setting to have set to high, cant even set it to medium without having under 20 fps

Edited by Zombo

its not his gpu its the cpu end of tbh

benchmarked it with phenom set up .

also its not about what highest fps its the minimums that really matter. like said i had 955@ 3.8 minimum would be as low as 20 sometimes

swopped to i5 3570k @ stock it was double minimum of phenom @ 3.8 in dayz and now i have it @ 4.2 its even better avg 65 fps

I didn't want to open a new subject since I have similar question. I followed some guides and lowered the graphics in-game, tweaked a bit my arma2 profile, made some changes in Catalyst Control Center and in Control panel - power options putted high performance. My fps goes around 10-20 in cities and can go to 25-35 in forest. Since I have this lagg spikes in this game every now and then, especially in town I can reach to 0 which is not welcome at all. Shooting with that fps is impossible.

-My PC configuration : Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00Ghz (2CPUs)

Memory: 2gb RAM

Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 6670

QUESTIONS:

- So is it really that much of a problem this game or something is wrong with my PC?

- Maybe stupid to ask but will dayZ SA be more demanding? I would like to know that since I don't wanna purchase a game when it comes out if I'll have same FPS like in Arma 2 dayZ or even worse.

Edited by Miracool

I really don't think the issue is with GPU performance with DayZ. I'm running on a Phenom II X6 3.2ghz -HD5770 OC-12GB ram setup and I get 40-50 FPS and 20-30 in cities on High setting with post processing effect turned off. I see people posting with GTX600 series chipsets getting only slightly better results.

I think the peer to peer zombie AI and poor servers are the culprits. Since they are completely changing the netcode architecture and simplifying the zombie AI, I think there will be a huge performance increase with standalone.

Anyway, I'm either upgrading to an i5 2500k or an 17 2600k in the christmas holidays. Should be a BIG fps/performance increase.

Anyway, I'm either upgrading to an i5 2500k or an 17 2600k in the christmas holidays. Should be a BIG fps/performance increase.

Yeah, I think a 4 core intel that will run at 4-5ghz is optimal for gaming when it comes to price/performance.

AMD CPU and AMD GPU are bad combo.

Get an intel CPU. OC if you have to.

What is wrong with you Intel fanboys, seriously? The only one who's actually been helpful here is Zombo.

thats not high end.

Change cpu to i5 3570K.

Yes i'm upgrading to an 17. I've said before!!!!!!!

I have tried to lower my visuals - however the fps literally says the same. My connection is good and i restarted my pc yesterday.

Try setting post proccessing off, vram to default, and hdr off.

Hi! I'd like to mention that I play on a Core2Quad at only 2,66 Ghz with 4 Gb RAM and a 560Ti. I have Vista 64bit and run the game on 1680x1050 (100% resolution). And DayZ runs fine with most things set to High, only AA is low or disabled. FPS in the woods or country side is 42 minimum and inside cities like Elektro it's still 38 minimum. BUT this depends on the server I play on. On some servers the framerate drops to 5 to 10. So the servers have much to do with the fps drop.

I have seen that Arma 2 can run very differently on machines with almost the same specs.

You can try to run the game with "-winxp", this gave me about 6 fps more on my old rig. So on newer ones this might be even more. And what about the framerate when not connected with a server? Try the editor and look at your framerate. Is it the same? (I mean something like offline and online testing)

Edit: Do you know how high your CPU and GPU usage is while running Arma or DayZ?

Edit 2: Rearranged the lines for better reading.

Edited by Shavitz