TheRealist

DayZ framerate issue on a very high-end PC?

What is wrong with you Intel fanboys, seriously? The only one who's actually been helpful here is Zombo.

Did you stop to think for a second that it might actually be his cpu, not the brand?

One more thing: GO into to documents\arma 2. Open arma2.cfg and arma2oa.cfg with notepad. Find gpumaxframesahead=# and gpudetectedframesahead=# in both files. Change the # to 1.

Zombies zombies zombies. Rocket has said this at some point. There is so much going on in the back round when zombies spawn for you with their ai and such, add to that all the crap going on in servers, vehicles etc and fps take a dive even on high end stuff. The condition of the server can have a lot to do with it too, my fps will plumit to 15-20 in big towns on some servers and others not. I5@3.8 6950. The sa zombies will be much more simple I would think hopefully improving frame rates.

Just out of interest, when/where did you buy this system and how much did it cost? (if you bought it pre-build that is), I wouldnt like to think you paid a vast amount of money thinking you were getting a 'very high end' system and they put in such a shitty CPU and still charged you a fortune.