Candylol

what is your suggestion if a country or the whole world you can play in dayz?

hi guys

what is your suggestion on this if you can play in Australia or some other country in dayz.

To be honest I don't really think it matters. So many countries have so many different landscapes and environment that it's difficult to choose.

However if we're talking environment's here, I'd love a rainforest environment. And I know there's lingor but that isn't very dense forrest :P

Although on that note, the arma engine isn't really the best for flora visuals :P

Edited by Rammfisch

Post apocalyptic India or China would be interesting. Mainly because of the different types of varying terrain and massive population centers. I think some of the weapons that could be found would be unique aswell such as the PLA QBZ-95. I do like Eastern europe setting of Dayz though.

You would need coldpacks for Australia.

At the moment, hell yes. We've been going through a heat wave for the past 3 days.

I'm dying here holy shit. I literally had 3 fans on me last night, and even that didn't solve anything :'( crai. i crai

And I just edited my post. I mean Lingor, not Longer for those who got confused. I posted it on my phone so it must have autocorrected.

You wouldn't find alot of weapons on the average Australian map .

But I bet there would be loads of beer and pot !

P.S And cricket bats , to do some Shaun of the Dead style Z bashing!

Edited by Jars

How about Antarctica (south-pole)? :) Building bases, flying around in helicopters and driving vehicles, snow caves..

Or some kind of underground complex ala Umrella Corporation's "Raccoon City".

On a cruise liner perhaps?

Edited by Treehugger
  • Like 2

Anywhere other then the US, like maybe Alaska or something.

• Like 2

I think the UK could make for a good place.

The small area I live in, is near Watford, and I think it would be an AWESOME place. There would be run down shops, and smaller houses, but also there's a field and a forest nearby.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=south%20oxhey&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D2&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Check that general area. Favourite places that could be featured are "Highlands", "Oxhey Lodge" and "Prestwick Road" :D

I'd like a little suburban area. Would be cool. Like a small village with loads of houses for loot >:D

You wouldn't find alot of weapons on the average Australian map .

But I bet there would be loads of beer and pot !

P.S And cricket bats , to do some Shaun of the Dead style Z bashing!

Well actually, it depends on where we live. Firearms are a different story.

The gun licenses here in Queensland aren't too strict [although they have been stricter as of late]. When I was 12, all I needed to do was complete a training course for rifles, handguns and shotguns. After that, all you have to have is sufficient money to purchase whatever firearm [within reason, of course] you wish. [Although, 18 is the age requirement to legally own a handgun. I forgot about that, silly me.]

So there are several firearms in my house which I use reguarly. I also know a lot of people who live in Queensland that have the same kind of weaponry in their house.

Australia is quite good for weaponry.

• Like 2

Well actually, it depends on where we live. Firearms are a different story.

The gun licenses here in Queensland aren't too strict [although they have been stricter as of late]. When I was 12, all I needed to do was complete a training course for rifles, handguns and shotguns. After that, all you have to have is sufficient money to purchase whatever firearm [within reason, of course] you wish. [Although, 18 is the age requirement to legally own a handgun. I forgot about that, silly me.]

So there are several firearms in my house which I use reguarly. I also know a lot of people who live in Queensland that have the same kind of weaponry in their house.

Australia is quite good for weaponry.

I concur. I am a fellow Queenslander myself. Quite the zombie killing armoury I have. Although it does help having a Category D license ;)

Come at me America.

• Like 1

I concur. I am a fellow Queenslander myself. Quite the zombie killing armoury I have. Although it does help having a Category D license ;)

Come at me America.

Or a firearm that comes under Category R xD

Edited by Inception.

Come at me America.

i live in Queensland too in Proserpine near Mackay and Bowen and Townsville ;)

Or a firearm that comes under Category R xD

There is a reason that its a Category R ;) oh well. Semi-auto AR-15's good enough for my zombie apcoalypse ;)

• Like 1

I have some really large bbq utensils. REALLY LARGE.

• Like 1

It would be awesome if you could play the whole world, so every country has its own guns accordingly to real life also vehicles. But when you hit a gunshop in texas it should be real like you will find any weapon with ammo known to man kind so even a couple tanks lol. and that one could spawn anywhere randomly. You could find a plane or boat and set off to any other place in the world. Also would be awesome to merge every server in one so everyone is in but still the world would be as big as it is but still one would not notice other players lol. You could build your own tribe of players and set off for area 51.. future hot spot 8B

You could find the goods from Boston Dinamics/ Darpa :) My personal favorite.. the BigDog and get to tag along with you carrying all your shit, get the biggest heli with a lot of fuel one could find and take on the journey..

Hint..I think if one like "Rocket along with a mass tribe of programers and artists alike" made this it would most likely get everyone in the world to play just for the curiosity

Edited by madhellsing

i would suggest the nederlands or something like allaska in the summer so you could put in multiple differend plane moddels including waterplanes I would suggest checking the cessna (company that designs planes) site for the moddels cessna's are popular planes so it would be realistic to put cessna planes in ass well

ireland.......................lots of mountains and fog and places to hide. and the catacombs in dublin would be great

Australia! Fark mate, our beaches are quality spawn locations!

Only problem there is there's always people on the beach ;) Which means we'd be spawning in the middle of thousands of zombies :'(

Somewhere with lots of cross map rivers, streams and deltas to give boats a proper role, maybe the swamps of Louisiana like where they filmed the movies Deliverance and Southern Comfort, those in-bred cajun hillbilly types would make great zeds.

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 1

Somewhere with lots of cross map rivers, streams and deltas to give boats a proper role, maybe the swamps of Louisiana like where they filmed the movies Deliverance and Southern Comfort, those in-bred cajun hillbilly types would make great zeds.

y Yes please.

I'd somewhat like to Branson, Missouri actually. It looks a lot like the current Chenauras map, but with more guns, and more tourism-centered cities.