ianaconda

What makes you more intelligent and professional at DayZ ?

What makes you more intelligence and professional at DayZ ?

i mean it is the time you spend on the game or the tools and the weapons you have or how many zombies you killed ?

and another question if i enough playing for today how can i save my character to play with tommorow and it will be saved for any other server or not

Thank you guys

Edited by Inception.
Title edit. Nothing major.

quickly change intelligence to intelligent dude before the flames burn you to a crisp

quickly change intelligence to intelligent dude before the flames burn you to a crisp

intelligent intelligent intelligent

Edited by ianaconda

What tools, weapons or zombie kills do not completely justify one's intelligence, ability and professionalism. One could stumble upon an M249 SAW and make their way to the airfield on an empty server, and just rack zombie kills up there. It's easy, I've done it before.

Practice makes perfect. Watch some videos. Ask various experienced players a few questions here and there. You'll learn.

And your character will save, regardless of the amount of time played [excluding server lag, of course. You should wait a few minutes before logging off after you originally planned to log off]. Although, if you played on a private hive server, you character will ONLY save to THAT server. Be aware of this.

And what Wazza means with your title is to change it as it was grammatically incorrect. [intelligence should be intelligent. I'll edit it for you, before the flames burn you to a crisp.]

Thank you very much

and sorry about my suck english

i just meant the thing that make someone great player than someone else is how long he is alive ?

and if i log out the character will save automatically right ? so it will have all the equipment next time ?

Thank you very much

and sorry about my suck english

i just meant the thing that make someone great player than someone else is how long he is alive ?

and if i log out the character will save automatically right ? so it will have all the equipment next time ?

Well, it depends. In some cases being alive for longer than someone else may show that you are a better player, but you could always just only played on low population servers. So I guess it does show a bit of skill.

And yes, if you log out your character's gear saves automatically. You will have all of it next time.

That's it you answered all my questions thank you :)

No problem.

Whether or not someone is "skilled" at this game is dictated by one thing and one thing alone: Whether or not you can kill a zombie using nothing other than empty cans.

When you say "you", I'm going to assume you mean people in general because I wouldn't say I personally, am "more intelligent" at the game than I was. I'm more experienced. I practice a lot and I try to learn from my mistakes so that I don't repeat them, and so that I find more effective ways of doing things. I'd say those are the skills that have made me more successful at dayz than I was. But I'm still learning and still trying to develop my skills. For example, I shoot like a jelly-fish on crack. :huh: (That's not good, by the way.)

Edited by Sula

I'm not! You'll often see me running directly across open fields because it's faster then using the tree line. Should replace intelligent with lazy in my case.

Your character data is saved to the server every couple of minutes, if you are on the public hive you can play on any other public server and it will persist, if you are on a private server/hive then it will only be saved on that server.

Edited by smasht_AU

Whether or not someone is "skilled" at this game is dictated by one thing and one thing alone: Whether or not you can kill a zombie using nothing other than empty cans.

^ this.

Mindset.

Everything else is window dressing and shiny tinsel.

Despite the individual efforts of many who are used to more traditional FPS games, DayZ is not a pissing contest. Hence the removal of the debug monitor.

Thanks guys

but that mean you can't know for how long the player front of you have been playing right ?

Edited by ianaconda

Thanks guys

but that mean you can't know for how long the player front of you have been playing right ?

Thats part of the fun, you don't know anything about the person you see. But you might find out...

Thats part of the fun, you don't know anything about the person you see. But you might find out...

Yes you're right :D

Alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol. After bout half a jug of Jameson im the smartest MFer in the game.

Alcohol, lots and lots of alcohol. After bout half a jug of Jameson im the smartest MFer in the game.

Beer goggles never cease to do their magic.

You can't really say "I'm better than you" in DayZ, because you can't express your skill in numbers and there are too many aspects to deal with.

That's one really cool point in this game: You can play in the playstyle you want.

• Like 1

Instead of raging when you die think about what happened in the piror minutes and avoid doing it again.

Edited by Trizzo

you cannot say it, but i think that the evaluation of risks and gain is the best way...it's a rule good also for relations with other players: if you are low blood it can be worth the risk to approach someone..or if you find a tent it can be good to go away from a big town even if you don't have big guns or all the basic equipment, then if you play on official servers your character is saved and will come back at same conditions and same location of your log off, there are also a lot of private hives where you have a char only in that server

The ability to learn from your mistakes/deaths.

The ability to decode DayZ/ArmA gameplay mechanics.

The ability to balance your greed for gear with your need for survival.

The ability to withstand the temptation to visit Green Mountain.

The knowledge to drink Mdews instantly and not store it in your inventory for more than 5-10 seconds.

Also wearing a hero skin.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

I've been playing for a few months now. To be honest, once you work out the zombies, the game (with respect to PvE anyway) becomes easier. My buddy and I have all sorts of kit now - primary and secondary weapons, sidearms, ghillie suits, NVGs, food all of that, mostly from raiding the NW airfield on low pop servers. It's easier with two people, at night, with NVGs on a low pop server.

So, a traditionally minded gamer might think we're good at this game, if they didn't know that back story (the low pop raids on NW; the hacker tent that gave up a DMR and M9 SD). We went to Cherno to help out / kill bandits and found, with respect to PvP, we were awful. Probably looked like a right pair of script kiddy noobs.

the BRILLIANT part of this game is that it is so realistic. Zombies are mindless and easily avoided. real people are more interesting interactions. having kit means nothing if a zombie breaks your leg with a lucky hit (that happened to me on Lingor). or if someone is hanging out with a AS50 and a rangefinder. you simply don't know how long you'll last.

the golden rule is - don't get attached to your kit! in a previous life someone killed me for a GPS i'd found. I was mighty pissed off. now I know that the loot % chance just means you keep looking!

Spas