Rifle Eyez

Standalone - worried?

For a game that is allegedly out before X-mas we've essentially had no news about it. We've had what...a few screenshots of environments, and a couple of posts where Rocket has explained the direction/how the standalone will work. I'm not moaning, on the contrary i'd rather they delayed it somewhat to do the best job they can. Even for a alpha release we've not really heard anything....

Am I the only one who feels this way? I can't really find anybody else questioning this so I thought i'd make a thread...can anyone calm my nerves haha. It just feels like they're miles behind even to put out a alpha yet are going for some kind of release this year? Hell, I've heard the end of November thrown around, even early in December. That's 2-4 weeks. Look at War-Z, i'm worried.

Can't see it tbh.

• Like 2

They have been working on SA for a long period of time now.

I am not certain upon the release date, though. Whether it be this month or the next, I am still going to play it.

• Like 3

If a game takes longer than expected to go into alpha in this case standalone it can take as long as they want for all i care it will be a better game if they push it back a month or so

as for warz they rushed it too much imo

Edited by burritoman259

[edited]

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

All I can think off is patience** is a virtue. So I just gotta wait. Ops sorry lol

Edited by Mastabuds
  • Like 1

Patience*.

Really, worried? How many month's ago did they announce standalone?

Relax Max, it's coming soon and we can hold hands killing zeds together.

I think they should rush the game and focus all the development they have left in pumping up the graphics making it look real nice...release should be end of november no matter what, after that dev team should take a long vacation and return to the game in january all fresh and horny

I think they should rush the game and focus all the development they have left in pumping up the graphics making it look real nice...release should be end of november no matter what, after that dev team should take a long vacation and return to the game in january all fresh and horny

So stop fixing bugs, pump up the graphics, release it before it's ready, then disappear for a month? Sarcasm? I'm kinda hoping for the exact opposite. :)

I say let's start QQ'ing only AFTER (if and when) Rocket fails to release the SA before the year is out, and not a second beforehand.

I dunno, I wouldn't view it as a failure and get all QQ about it, if delaying the standalone is the right thing to do development wise I hope they will rather than pushing it out before x-mas. It just seems crazy that it's still nailed on for a Late November/December release when all we've had is a dozen screenshots and a couple of P.R gigs that Rocket was @. Apart from that, nothing at all. I know it'll come out as a Alpha, and be ''developed'' as it goes along, but even so..

I dunno, I wouldn't view it as a failure and get all QQ about it, if delaying the standalone is the right thing to do development wise I hope they will rather than pushing it out before x-mas. It just seems crazy that it's still nailed on for a Late November/December release when all we've had is a dozen screenshots and a couple of P.R gigs that Rocket was @. Apart from that, nothing at all. I know it'll come out as a Alpha, and be ''developed'' as it goes along, but even so..

A few minutes ago the team CONFIRMED the December launch date.

The reason for the whole hush-hush attitude is that other games (War Z) are also in development and they want to keep as much of it under wraps as they can, also for our benefit so we don't know EVERYTHING that's going to happen, there will be a few surprises.

• Like 4

Thanks for the information.

The reason for the whole hush-hush attitude is that other games (War Z) are also in development and they want to keep as much of it under wraps as they can, also for our benefit so we don't know EVERYTHING that's going to happen, there will be a few surprises.

Really? Aww so cool! Thanks for telling us,

I have 100% confidence in rocket and his team. It's his vision and dream at stake here. He Wil not fail us and most importantly he will not fail himself.

It's all part of the plan

I'l put your mind at ease mate!

RockeT has stated that he'll have no pre-orders for the game nothing.... When its ready it will be out!

He's going away for like 2 months from December so is pushing hard for it to be released prior to that! I feel the same as you mate, my clan have been playing alot of the new maps nad had some amazing nights! Cant wait for SA!!!

I do kind of agree with the OP...Even though it has been stated that it will be out before the end of the year there has been nothing to suggest that it is anywhere near ready...It's meant to be a full game and there isn't even a proper website yet. I know that it's only coming out as alpha but you would have thought that BIS would have at least hired a team to make the game it's own website/PR campaign etc?

Development may have seemed like it only started just this summer, but this game has been developed over a long course of time, from Rocket's military career to today.

I'm sure they have picked up certain elements from the mod, the feedback, and the limited ability of the Arma engine, and have done their best to improve on it.

If it takes them longer, I am willing to wait. If it is released by December, I will most certainly purchase it...

I actually would rather them take a few more months to put out a solid product than have them rush to put out a glitchy and incomplete game. After playing WarZ, in my opinion Dayz is still betther than it. WarZ seems rushed, very rushed and a little bit cheap. It was fun for the two 48 hour passes I was given by a friend of mine, but near the end of the last hours of me playing the game, it got quite boring. We had literally done every major spot on the map in about 8 hours of gameplay over two days (and even most of the areas that are very minor). WarZ's colorado map actually felt quite bland, incomplete and inferior to dayz's Chernarus IMHO. As someone who has worked on mod teams as a mapper (not on ARMA) I know what it takes to make a quality map, a OK map and a shitty map. WarZ's map seems to me something that could be put together in a relatively short time, and honestly, it feels like they spent about two days on the map then rushed to release. I think DayZ will do fine as long as rocket and team can fix the hacker problem, which is in my opinion what ruins the experience most of all.