jaytmuk (DayZ)

Dayz koS would be rife irl if there was an apocalypse

This world needs a zombie apocalypse cuz it's fucked up anyway

Talking to teenagers makes my brain hurt. Being cynical is cool at that age. I get it. I went there too. The world was a dark dark place and everyone sucked and all was terrible and i wished everyone would die because there is so much evil and I HATE MY DAD IM GETTING ANOTHER TATTOO IM GONNA LISTEN TO DROWNING POOL! Or something. Anyway i got over that and then decided to dedicate my life to helping people as a doctor.

I imagine in a real zombie apocalypse the biggest killer would be regular run of the mill infection. Malnourished people are more susceptible to infection and have less of a chance of fighting it off. Especially since basic hygiene is out of the window even the smallest scratch could end you without anti biotics. The game as it is now really doesnt put as much emphasis on how important they are. This is the apocalypse. Lakes and rivers hold stagnant or dirty water which is the ONLY way to stay clean and clean your wounds as well as drink. Youre hungry. Probably full of lice and parasites from the river water you keep drinking. Cold. Expending a LOT of energy over the day moving from place to place and you probably sleep less. The chances of you getting ill and dying from a cut increase massively. I imagine my medical skill would be invaluable in treating a group and keeping them all nourished. Bullet wounds dont just close by themselves. Basic surgery is a must to remove them as well as shrapnel.

Do you see how, without INTENSE training in ALL areas you need friends. I have 5 hours flight time in a light aircraft, rifle experience and some medical training but I dont know shit about survival skills. Unless youre bear grills with a medical degree and a rifle you gather a LOT of friends to cover the bases you cant. People NEED to pack up. Its in our nature to form social groups. Maybe they might be small. But total isolation just isnt how we are built to live. In real life the skill sets YOU need to survive are too large to be covered by 1 or 2 people. Youre gonna need 5 to 10 at least. Even if its just to cover ground in finding food which will be WAY scarcer than in DayZ. Being a Nomad doesnt really come natural to us either in our culture. Chances are you want to hunker down. I imagine KOS will be less prevelant. I imagine it would be hunkered down groups of people who are very isolationist or very eager to expand with new people. Society didnt happen by accident. People who formed societies had an advantage over those who didnt and usually ended up taking all their land and integrating them into their society.

• Like 2

What you don't seem to understand is that while there most definitely would be killing, it wouldn't be anywhere near as common as it is now.

How many players kill for food and supplies? Hardly any. Most players kill because they grow bored with the game, or grow paranoid of said players and shoot in self defense.

The problem is that when pvp reaches a point where it's just a massive f#ckfest, where people hunt eachother for sport, it ends up ruining other RP elements of the game. With social interaction being bordeline suicide, it limits the games potential of being this deep roleplaying experience which Rocket is trying so hard to achieve.

But surely you can't possibly believe that the current state of Dayz is anywhere near an accurate representation of an actuall end of the world situation?

Your imagining an apocalypse where almost no-one has a gun pointing out in front of them

Imagine walking down your street and everyone you meet has a gun pointing towards you

How would that make you feel?

The reasons why people kill in actual life (in any situation), and the reasons people 'kill' in dayz are completely and utterly seperate things.

What is the point of this thread?

Your imagining an apocalypse where almost no-one has a gun pointing out in front of them

This is absolutely not true, and I easily stand by what I said.

There would without a doubt be lots of killing, but it wouldn't be nearly as common as it is in DayZ. Do not think that once humans get a gun in their hand, they'll run around shooting every damn soul they can find. We're "slightly" more complicated than that.

Finding another player in DayZ: ''Oh cool, another guy, time for him to die roflmao!11!1!''

Pretty much no one would have that mentality IRL. If you're looking for a realistic disaster simulator, face it, DayZ fails on almost all fronts.

DayZ is just a game, people will KOS because gun battles are fun, shooting people to make them rage in side chat is fun. Forget a realistic experience, just have fun and enjoy the 1% of moments when you actually get to interact with someone who isn't part of your 4-man death-squad.

If the thread isnt Derailed it wouldnt be realistic in THIS case because only Russia and Maps made for Day Z are set in are Infected Britain isnt for one Neither is America apparently these would Airdrop ALOT of Supplies in weekly with the Zombie hordes and Seemingly Bountiful Animals people would just be concerned with Those Psychologically Unhinged and the Infected/Walking Dead (Definitions used because Scenarios change it)

The majority of players kill because they can, they have a gun, they have ammo so to them that means they should shoot anything that moves. Half the people they snipe in cherno and elecktro is just for plain shooting, they dont go for the gear and even if they would 80% of the people in those cities are newspawnes.

So please tell me how realistic it is to shoot an unarmed man that doesnt see you and is not even approaching your direction just because you can

Most people play dayz as a game and once they get bored with their loadout they go hunting for other people, the fact that survival is not a big aspect doesnt really help the matter, you can pratically dance around zombies.

Kill IRL yes I would dust motherfeckers. Via rifle,pistol or handheld melee. Everyone can have ways of doing things once things hit the fan but short of the truth I simply side with survival. I would live off the land away from high Pop civilization which I already do and when I came across people in my travels I would hunt them as I would and animal. Never patch up with a couple married or not never patch up with a family missing here and theres they will just side with eachother if things get worse than and will make poor decisions.

I think he made a legit succinct point. Bongofish has his knickers in a twist so much because he can't play pretend and make friends on a pooter game, so he comes online and rages.. revealing an ignorance that actually "psychopaths" are our presidents, CEOs etc.. and of course they breed aplenty and are not hunted and killed but rather served under. Serial killer would be a better nomer for what he is saying, although they are usually from higher society and fathers/mothers (hence have passed on their genes!) It was all a non-pointer by someone who sucks at DayZ the video game and seems to expect not to pass on his own genes perhaps.

I think someone needs to go ahead and make a DayZ concept mod for Arma 3, but without zombies. Take out nearly all food and put in cannibalism. Now we have a legit historic reason to KOS which is what is always gonna happen in a video-game with no rules.

Not sure what point you are trying to make.

You are agreeing with me since the last line of your post, pointing ot that this KOS behaviour is a result of this being a game, is exactly the fucking point I was making.

Also, you have confussed psycopaths and sociopaths.

So basically you decided to flame me while agreeing with me and then getting the psychopath vs. sociopath thing completely wrong.

Seriously dude, learn to read, you little weasel raping fucktard.

Can we get some kind of intelligence test you have to take before you post?

Edited by Inception.
Personal insults aren't necessary.

If this were true then its unlikely that humans would have made it to where we are today. We would have killed each other off thousands of years ago. You ultra uber lone wolf commandos are going to die if the SHTF in real life like this(zombie or not). You cant survive murdering every person you see. Not only is that really stupid as that person could help you survive, but its unlikely (actually next to impossible) that you even could if you tried. The ones who survive are those that band together. The beans are going to run out and when that happens it isgoing to be the communities that come together to grow and defend their own food that survive. Good luck farming by yourself or with your couple of friends.

And also I have been away from the game for a couple of months and people STILL make these shit threads?

Most of the comments of KoS come form ppl that have no idea the kind of effect killing another person has on you. Regardless of the reason most people feel a sense of guilt or remorse. my family has two members that came back from the gulf wars. Both have PTSD....both were defending themselves and those around them. They were in a combat situation and the ppl they killed were armed and trying to kill them. Neither of them talk about it much other than to say they wish they didn't have to do it and both left the military and will not rejoin.

If KoS is what many seem to think would be the rule of thumb in a post apocalyptic situation think back in time to the "Cowboy" days in North America or the time of Knights in Europe. Yes nearly all disputes were settled by death......but it wasn't KoS or we wouldn't be here today because there wouldn't have been enough PPL left to advance to what we have today. Yes there would be gangs of senseless killers and lone nut jobs running around because of the massive amount of people being "off their meds".

If all that is left of humanity is senseless killing we are done as a species and would not survive the "event". Humans have a genetic instinct to band together or we wouldn't have survived the "black plague" or any other plague for that matter.Yes under times of great darkness ppl will do things that are considered wrong to survive, but we/they always band together and try to return to civilization.

That is why this game/simulation will fail and become a kill fest........YOU can't recreate civilization in this game world, it's not in the programing. All players know to do is Kill in games, It's all there is to do in MMOs. Look at all MMOs you are either killing mobs/NPCs or other players or both depending on the game. There is nothing else to do besides kill in this game and that's why it will be nothing but a death match/kill fest.

Edited by squirrlee
  • Like 1

Bubba and his 50 cousins are gonna turn y'all into fertilizer for his tomatoes as you drift out of the suburbs.

I'll be okay 'cause I installed and maintain Bubba's wind turbines but the rest of you sissies are fucked. Gonna have me some delicious tomatoes the year after the apocalypse hits! :lol:

On a more serious note... often seeing your comrades get hit is worse than killing. None of the guys I know talk about the insurgents they killed. They talk about the buddy who got torn in half or the little girl that got caught by a ricochet. Not to say the killing can't come back to haunt years later, but there are other events that can cause more immediate impact.

99% of you guys don't have a clue what you're gettin all high and mighty about - on both sides of the argument.

99% of you guys don't have a clue what you're gettin all high and mighty about - on both sides of the argument.

Well technically, in this case, none of us do... Don't forget its not as simple as just 'shooting people' for the purposes of this thread. There are several unusual factors to take into account and at least some of them will bite your face off.

I used 99% instead of 100% to give all the know-it-alls a place to (erroneously) put themselves and hopefully not spout pointless rage.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't I guess.

And I'm NOT gonna be alone... Bubba and me are bros, yo. I even dated his sister for a minute after high school. He's not the type to sit in front of computer so I'll tell ya, she gave me quite the education back in the day! ;) Her name was Sue-Ann but everyone called her 'SOOOoooie' for the reason y'all are thinkin. Bigger girls definitely try harder!

I used 99% instead of 100% to give all the know-it-alls a place to (erroneously) put themselves and hopefully not spout pointless rage.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't I guess.

And I'm NOT gonna be alone... Bubba and me are bros, yo. I even dated his sister for a minute after high school. He's not the type to sit in front of computer so I'll tell ya, she gave me quite the education back in the day! ;) Her name was Sue-Ann but everyone called her 'SOOOoooie' for the reason y'all are thinkin. Bigger girls definitely try harder!

...that is the most off-topic post I have seen today excluding spambots.

Please keep it on-topic.

Tough call. Some people can say they could take a life for supplies and resources even if the person does not pose a threat to them, I highly doubt those people have ever taken lives before, especially a life that does not pose a threat to you at all. I dont know I think it would be tough for me. Maybe I could kill people from my own country and neighborhoods or maybe I could not. I would not have a problem defending my family and friends if there was a threat but I think that is where the line is drawn for me. I could not steal shit from other people or kill just because someone else has something I want or need. A simple "Hey man I know beefsteak and mushroom MRE taste like shit, why dont you let me take it off your hands" goes along way trust me.

Edited by Mikewhiskey