Doenerboy

Suicide

Should Players have the ability to shoot them selves in the Head? Maybe you know the Situation, you found a Gun in Kamenka and think: "Maybe I should go up North" and 30 minutes later... "Where the FUCK am I ?" In this Situation you should have the Chance to kill yourself with your Gun.

Or maybe in future Updates there would be the chance to get bitten and to prevent yourself from comming back a zombie, and walking through the streets of Cherno with your gear, you destroy your brain.

What do YOU think? Have you ever been in such a Situation? Or do you think this is useless? I want your opinon!

sorry for my bad english, i am german

Edited by Doenerboy

Lecker Döner! Ich schreib aber auf englisch, des Forums wegen...

There was always the option to restart or respawn which was removed with the latest updates. I think the option to blow your brain out should only be available in special circumstances. After breaking your legs and crawling around in the middle of nowhere. And if you have a gun with ammo. Otherwise I see no point of killing myself just because of getting lost somewhere. I can still try navigating with the help of the stars or the clouds (always moving from west to east, you might know). If I should not want to continue and restart again, I'll search the next building to jump off or the next zed to let him feast upon my flesh :D . That's my opinion.

Sounds pretty eh. Maybe a special animation for this? That would be cool. But getting lost and shooting yourself is kinda stupid. Good idea though dude

Hello there

Why not just crawl to the nearest zombie?

Having "an easy way out" takes away from the nature of the game. If you *know* getting a broken leg is going to *really* inconvienience you then you'll take many more steps to avoid it.

It's like spawning in an inconvienient place, if one can simply restart, then people would just keep hitting respawn until they found a favourable area. It's much more part of the Dayz ethic to have that risk of the unknown.

Rgds

LoK

That respawn button bashing has thankfully come to an end since the last updates. Now it's only about killing yourself in very special circumstances WITH a loaded weapon. If you respawn new on the beach and break your legs shortly after, then you're screwed...

I don't think anyone spawning in a location he dislikes would run around for a long time to find a weapon and then blows his brain out just to get a better respawn. And without broken bones this should also not be possible.

• Like 1

Rocket would have to stop all development and spend all this time defending himself on CNN.

• Like 1

Rocket would have to stop all development and spend all this time defending himself on CNN.

I hope not! In FarCry 2 you could at least shoot your buddy in the head when he was critically wounded. And in a few other games you can do suicide, even if there are no special animations to it...

Hello there

Why not just crawl to the nearest zombie?

Having "an easy way out" takes away from the nature of the game. If you *know* getting a broken leg is going to *really* inconvienience you then you'll take many more steps to avoid it.

It's like spawning in an inconvienient place, if one can simply restart, then people would just keep hitting respawn until they found a favourable area. It's much more part of the Dayz ethic to have that risk of the unknown.

Rgds

LoK

Well I think this game (and every other game) is about having fun. I don't see the fun in having to crawl to the nearest zombie. That zombie might be in the closest village, and you might not have any idea where that is... And people that are going to do that will kill themselves anyway. Why make it hard? Yeah it's taking the easy way out. But thats what ppl that commit suicide do isn't it? I think it only adds to the realism.

a custom death message like: 'PlayerName committed suicide' would be cool I'd say. Then everybody in the server would know someone has pussied out like a baus. You could even add a humanity penalty.

• Like 1

@Quazoosl - DayZ is clearly not intended to be a "fun" experience. If the suicide option is a matter of realism as you say, then you would need a gun. (unless you're planning to punch yourself to death)

Also, I'm absolutely against death messages of all kinds. A little note, to let everyone on the server know when a death occurs, clearly doesn't belong in DayZ.

@Quazoosl - DayZ is clearly not intended to be a "fun" experience.

Srsly games aren't supposed to be FUN? ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME? Where the hell do I live? What they are for then?

Edited by Kaczor

Also, I'm absolutely against death messages of all kinds. A little note, to let everyone on the server know when a death occurs, clearly doesn't belong in DayZ.

I totally agree , though this is probably a server preference , if feigning death is implemented , death messages will not help much .

And why should Mr El Lamo Sniper know he has killed you unless he has his eyes on your bleeding , unmoving corpse .

Srsly games aren't supposed to be FUN? ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME? Where the hell do I live? What they are for then?

I think he means if you want a survivalist experience, living off the land will be fun to you. If you want to pvp, sniping Cherno like a bitch will be fun to you. If you like to help out your fellow man, healing and bartering will be your fun. But, overall there is no defining element. Day Z is technically FPS, but not at the same time. You make your own fun in what you choose to do or be. It's not a linear game where you follow set waypoints and get led into fun experiences. For me, getting lost (not anymore) and roaming through the woods for hours just to find food is fun.

I do not want the Respawn Button back. I want the Option to Suicide if there is no way out, like if you have been bitten. But this should only be an Option if you have a loaded gun. It would add some realism to the game.

Edited by Doenerboy

@Quazoosl - DayZ is clearly not intended to be a "fun" experience. If the suicide option is a matter of realism as you say, then you would need a gun. (unless you're planning to punch yourself to death)

Well if you don't intend to have fun I think you might be playing this game for the wrong reason.

And about the loaded gun, I'll just quote myself on that:

Good idea! Requirements should be broken bones and a loaded gun though imho.

it's a bad idea , what the fun of killing your self it's a survival game not a suicide game

what a cool idea. :)

reminds me of the fallout new vegas dlc, the one where you are with the indian tribes in zion. You keep finding parts of a diary from a fella who had survived the war, every time he got to his birthday he'd promise himself that he'd shot himself. He never did, iirc he let him self die of exposure (or maybe he was sick) watching a sunset from the top of some rocks.

the only game i can think of where you could purposfully commit hari kari was syndicate (the original one) where you could press a button to self destruct. although if you were high health you'd sometimes survive. :P

while i agree its not important for the game, it would be a cool feature and could create a situation like in the film 'the road'

Edited by mile

Well if you don't intend to have fun I think you might be playing this game for the wrong reason.
Srsly games aren't supposed to be FUN? ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?
I'm going by what I know. According to MANY interviews with Rocket, DayZ was not intended to be fun. (don't ask me for links, do your own search)

The way harsher survival is planned to be implemented, "fun" is obviously not the target. The target is to create a challenge. Overcoming a challenge is enjoyable.

I never said I didn't intend to enjoy DayZ. Why would I play a game I don't like? I also never said games aren't supposed to be fun.

DayZ is clearly not intended to be a "fun" experience.
Don't quote my posts if you haven't read and understood them.

EDIT: @Quazoosl - I am agreeing with you about the loaded gun being a requirement.

If you remember, when the respawn button was active, you could kill yourself with your bare hands as long as your leg was broken. This made no sense.

Edited by Chabowski