Rage VG

So you've been Global Banned: An Informercial.

One thing I can't wrap my head around is why people blame the mod.

This mod makes $0 dollars. When you purchase ArmA 2, that money goes to BI, not DayZ. But yet people still come on this forum and demand that the staff returns their money and that they'll sue the mod. The mod is free. Back when CS came out, I can't recall a single person blaming the dev team of CS for VAC bans or any of this drama. They were banned from steam, not the mod.

For some reason people think that DayZ = BI = BattlEye.

When standalone comes around, I can see why people may be upset. But even then the anti-cheat software will probably be provided by a 3rd party and integrated into standalone and again, DayZ will have no liability when it comes to bans, they'll have to take it up with the 3rd parties database because DayZ will just read the log from the 3rd party when banned people log in.

Because people are dumb.

Next question?

Why did all the dinosaurs die?

Because dinosaurs are dumb.

• Like 1

Why did all the dinosaurs die?

Hacker nuked Chernosaurus Rex.

Next question?

Where do we go when we die?

(Don't say the beach)

The Coast. 157p00x.png

• Like 1

Well, I hacked the Pentagon with a laptop.

BRUCE WILLIS DIDN'T EVEN COME AFTER ME, YEAH

Where do we go when we die?

(Don't say the beach)

Debug plains.

EDIT: great video. This should be required viewing.

Edited by Goggalor

great video. This should be required viewing.

Thank you. I'm going to be working on another DayZ related video, as people seem to like it (It's at 1.3k views, where my other game vids are at an abysmal 20.)

What it says on the tin, and in the topic tags.

You , dear sir, made my day

You , dear sir, made my day

Thanks for the feedback. :]

I'm brainstorming for another one. What do you all think of one that includes some Gmod work, if I can wrap my head around some tools?

Video should be mandatory, especially for the ban appeals forum.

That said, I'm always terrified of one day finding that my account has been banned. I've never hacked in any game and I never plan to, but I've been hit with a lot of false positives over the years and it always worries me that I'll be banned from ARMA II for some reason. There is no 100% infallible anti-cheat, though there are plenty that are almost never wrong.

I don't have much faith in BattlEye and I never have, but I'm still pretty sure all of you getting global bans cheated or got hacked yourselves.

In any case, stop whining here and hit up someone who can actually do something about it (read; BattlEye).

Edited by Askar

Video should be mandatory, especially for the ban appeals forum.

That said, I'm always terrified of one day finding that my account has been banned. I've never hacked in any game and I never plan to, but I've been hit with a lot of false positives over the years and it always worries me that I'll be banned from ARMA II for some reason. There is no 100% infallible anti-cheat, though there are plenty that are almost never wrong.

I don't have much faith in BattlEye and I never have, but I'm still pretty sure all of you getting global bans cheated or got hacked yourselves.

In any case, stop whining here and hit up someone who can actually do something about it (read; BattlEye).

Buddy, if you ever got banned for no reason and were able to actually prove it, I would personally buy you a second CD key* and make sure your computer is virus-free beforehand. :]

Just do not download ANYTHING DayZ related unless it's from an entirely trusted source. Don't even download stuff from these forums unless a credible poster links it, and be cautious even then. I know the feeling you get about being punished for something you didn't know/think you did, I personally shit myself every I see a moderator in my "Last viewed" list on my profile.

That said, thanks for the views. :3

*When I can actually afford it.. :B

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

Rage VG, that is one magnificent video. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much. :3

Pssst. You can just call me Rage. The VG is just my community's initials. :3

Buddy, if you ever got banned for no reason and were able to actually prove it, I would personally buy you a second CD key* and make sure your computer is virus-free beforehand. :]

Just do not download ANYTHING DayZ related unless it's from an entirely trusted source. Don't even download stuff from these forums unless a credible poster links it, and be cautious even then. I know the feeling you get about being punished for something you didn't know/think you did, I personally shit myself every I see a moderator in my "Last viewed" list on my profile.

That said, thanks for the views. :3

*When I can actually afford it.. :B

That's just the thing though, it's as hard to 100% prove you didn't do anything as it is to prove that you did. Probably much harder, in fact. I don't actually believe I'll ever get randomly whacked by BE, I was just sharing a fear that always lurks in the back of my mind, especially after getting banned thrice by PunkBuster (I think it was PunkBuster, anyway...) back in BF2 for reasons I still don't understand. :rolleyes:Took me a week and a lot of hope each time to get it repealed.

It's the opposite for me, I like seeing that mods have recently viewed my profile. I don't know why, I just don't really have any fear that they'll find anything unbecoming. Nothing beats the time that Rocket viewed my profile, though. I don't know why or how he found it, but I've got a screenshot ;)

Edited by Askar

I like seeing that mods have recently viewed my profile. I don't know why, I just don't really have any fear that they'll find anything unbecoming. Nothing beats the time that Rocket viewed my profile, though. I don't know why or how he found it, but I've got a screenshot ;)

Yeah we like to just roam about checking out your profiles from time to time ;)

I like to sneak from under the bed....

Unless you are made of Squishy marshmallowish goodness, you won't fit under the 5cm gap under my bed. D:

Right, time to call in The Smorski......

So you've been devoured by the Smoreski: An Infomercial.

• Like 1

Rage I was globally banned fix it! OMG all I did was turned everyone into a camel toe and grope them in a thunder thighs dome! I was just having fun, I didn't hurt no one, fix it or I'll sue you! If I wanted to waste $30 more dollars on DayZ I'd have to axes my mom and she said if I got banned for the tenth time she'd make me clean the basement, my room, my subterranean apartment!! Fix it or I will report you to the international monetary fund for extortion!!! FIX IT NOW!!!