Mr Radar

I see you cant alt-f4 or exit anymore. Does that mean hacking has been dealt with?

Obviously meant cant in the title. doh.

I have not played in quite a while and was just wondering if hacking is still happening in every server. Alt-f4 was your only real defense against it.

Edited by Mr Radar

This just in! Alt f4 and hacking are the same!

And I don't believe hacking was ever an issue in dayz. Now people executing custom scripts that allowed them to do things such as teleporting dropping ammo crAtes auto killing was an issue and will forever be an issue since arma2 (the gAme this mod runs off of) supports the use of scripts.

So to answer your question it isn't as bad as it was, but it will never truly be fixed.

Lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololoololololololo

Thats some funny

This just in! Alt f4 and hacking are the same!

And I don't believe hacking was ever an issue in dayz. Now people executing custom scripts that allowed them to do things such as teleporting dropping ammo crAtes auto killing was an issue and will forever be an issue since arma2 (the gAme this mod runs off of) supports the use of scripts.

So to answer your question it isn't as bad as it was, but it will never truly be fixed.

Hacking/cheating/scripting. The results are usually the same.

Alt-f4ing to deny the scripter/hacker/cheater the kill is not the fucking same as teleporting a server into mid air causing dozens of players to lose all their stuff. Comparing the two is ridiculous. I have no problem getting killed by a legit player. I like starting fresh, its probably the best part of the game. On the other hand I don't like hiking to the airfield for 20mins only to have some invincible hacker teleport 10ft away to kill me. So I would alt-f4 and find another server. Problem was at least when I was playing, just about every server had cheaters so I eventually gave it up.

Can anyone recommend some good populated private hives?

Edited by Mr Radar

Hacking/cheating/scripting. The results are usually the same.

Alt-f4ing to deny the scripter/hacker/cheater the kill is not the fucking same as teleporting a server into mid air causing dozens of players to lose all their stuff. Comparing the two is ridiculous. I have no problem getting killed by a legit player. I like starting fresh, its probably the best part of the game. On the other hand I don't like hiking to the airfield for 20mins only to have some invincible hacker teleport 10ft away to kill me. So I would alt-f4 and find another server. Problem was at least when I was playing, just about every server had cheaters so I eventually gave it up.

Can anyone recommend some good populated private hives?

I suggest searching/looking for the "private server" yourself.

* Atm I am personally playing on a couple white-list private servers and I've not encountered a hacker for "two weeks".

- It's probably the best decision I have ever made in leaving the public dayz servers.

I'll send you a pm of a well populated white-list server.

Next you'll be telling us how using scripts to protect yourself from other script kiddies is a valid tactic.

Not a fucking chance.

Not a fucking chance.

Maybe because you've haven't seen the alt-f4'ing abuse first hand? I started playing before hacking was much of an issue, but alt-f4 ruined lots of potentially amazing scenarios for me personally. Nothing tears you away from having fun like someone taking the ball and going home in the blink of an eye.

Quit the game to avoid script kiddies, but keeping a huge exploit in the game is no defense. If players could be trusted, there wouldn't be a hacking issue.

Maybe because you've haven't seen the alt-f4'ing abuse first hand? I started playing before hacking was much of an issue, but alt-f4 ruined lots of potentially amazing scenarios for me personally. Nothing tears you away from having fun like someone taking the ball and going home in the blink of an eye.

Quit the game to avoid script kiddies, but keeping a huge exploit in the game is no defense. If players could be trusted, there wouldn't be a hacking issue.

Fair enough. I first started when Arma2 went on sale during the steam summer sale. I remember alt-f4ing was a problem for a couple days and then the scripting started up and got way out of hand. Couldn't play for an hour without running into someone being a cunt. At this point if i saw someone alt-f4 I was generally just glad he didn't have god mode on so it didn't bug me too much.

Being forced to get killed by a hacker seems like a bigger issue than alt-f4ing to me though.

Alt+Tab and quick right-click and choose "Close window" in the taskbar has gotten me out of plenty of stupid teleported situations. Use that.

I've found a public server that has no hacking I've ever encountered.

You can still abort even when the timer is on if you click it before it disappears, same with respawning....

Rocket releasing a patch that actually does what it is supposed to? Bitch, please.....:D:D:D