Sign in to follow this  
aoshi

Zombies running in zig zag In Stand Alone!!!

Zombies running in zig zag!!  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Zombies running in zig zag on Stand alone, keep or leave?

• keep zig zag (or something harder to hit)
    • keep zig zag (but leave more slowly / easy)
    • make them walk straight with his hand up very unsightly...

Who would like to see this function in stand alone?

I would greatly because to land a difficult headshot on a zombie running in zig zag, is pretty cool, makes us feel good about our aim right??, what do you like?

I do not like things when they take of the game, for example... we have a lot but will note cite anything

don't take good things of the games, that is the point...even if is not done on purpose,like this pattern

Edited by aoshi1992

I wanna see the twats run straight at me, faster than a speeding infected grey matter muncher. It needs fear, not aiming frustration or 3 meter punches.

• Like 4

Hello there

The zig zag is my personal bugbear. It just seems far to advanced for a zombie brain (mmmmm brainz!) which one would imagine would just lunge for you. I'm still for the overwhelming but slow zombies of yesteryear.

rgds

LoK

Edit: I'm not necessarily fond of the frankenstinian "arms out" look either though

Edited by orlok

the zig zagging and humanesque running is horrendously silly. isnt the whole point of the standalone to fix these issues?

I wanna see the twats run straight at me, faster than a speeding infected grey matter muncher. It needs fear, not aiming frustration or 3 meter punches.

there is no 3 meter in current version

I just want to see them grabbing and tackling! They could do away with the zig zag if zombies could pull/knock you down. Either way tho, I fear they won't cause me any fear.

Currently the zeds zig-zag because they're using modified soldier AI. In the standalone this won't be necessary.

"make them walk straight with his hand up very unsightly..."

This. But not walk i still want them to run. Don't care what they do with their hands.

I just want to see them grabbing and tackling! They could do away with the zig zag if zombies could pull/knock you down.

I want them to be able to 'grapple' with you! Its too easy to just run past them and not care atm. Something like you have to shake them off or you can't fire. Makes them into a nice tactic in PvP (opponent is grappled and can't shoot for a short period of time, lean out and fire).

Edited by Grey Warden

STRAIGHT LINES! I hate the buggy choppiness of them running in zigzags, the teleporting, and tbe magical ability to hit me from 20m away

There's no reason for a zombie/infected to run zig zag or do anything else, but rush violently straight at you. They are either undead or insane, and have no mind for doing anything else, but making sure they devour you. This means they rush at fences and fall over, they don't try to dodge shit, they have on direction to go and that is forward to you.

if we add those who want zig zag, for now it seems that most prefer to have (even if it's easier or harder)

4 +4

against

Errrrr, zombies aren't going to stop and think "Oh, this guy will have more trouble hitting me if I zigzag" and the zigzag isn't a feature, it is a tracking issue

• Like 1

This.

I would also like to see them jumping out at you. I want to walk into a room and they jump out from the corner of the rooms!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

I would also like to see them jumping out at you. I want to walk into a room and they jump out from the corner of the rooms!

That would be scary

infected is not a zombie =D

Thats what Rocket says but why is it called DayZ and not DayI then? Just saying.

Also even an infected person isn't exactly sane enough to think up "oh if i zig zag i wont get shot up so much!". I'm not even infected and when i get pissed at someone i charge at them throwing punches (unless they have a gun then i run away but still).

I don't want the zombies to run straight to me, but I don't want them to zig-zag either.

It is ridiculous for a zombie attack zig zag... <_<

It is ridiculous for a zombie attack zig zag... <_<

why?

I would like to see them jumping out of windows to get to you, maybe even squad up and come round hunting in the urals