Sign in to follow this  
aoshi

Zombies running in zig zag In Stand Alone!!!

Zombies running in zig zag!!  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Zombies running in zig zag on Stand alone, keep or leave?

• keep zig zag (or something harder to hit)
    • keep zig zag (but leave more slowly / easy)
    • make them walk straight with his hand up very unsightly...

If you wanna make it difficult to aim, dont make them zig zag.

Make them voble and sway like the "real zombies" we know from movies and books. Realism and variety is important.

Make some voble and sway alot, make some run normal, make some fast and some slow. That should keep you aim busy ;)

As mentioned above, the idea of them running in zigzag is ridicolous. They arent thinking, they are trying to get to you as fast as possible, meaning some will fall over, some will lean and some will run almost normal. Thats what we need.

More realistic then a simple zigzag, which wont even result in them getting there faster :) And i bet you, thats the main goal of a Z.

Them running in zig zag would imply intelligence to some degree. Either it's self preservation, because they know you have the upper hand by being able to shoot them in the head or generally anywhere on the body, or it's some kind of hunting where they try to circle around you to either get you paniced or into a tight corner. But as we all know, Zombies are zombies just because they lack all that. They aren't supposed to show any regards to their own well being or any kind of intelligence. Technically, a zombie isn't anything that hungers for your flesh anyway, it's a mindless and/or soulless being that does the bidding of someone controlling them.

As for the shambling and arms out kinda thing.. the arms out is supposed to be a meanicing thing, to imply that it's after -you- and will do everything it can to do so. While slow and shambling isn't particulary dangerous, their persistance and refusal to give up is what will get you in the end since you have a limited stamina and won't be able to run forever as you do in DayZ. So that old school Zed isn't really good for DayZ since we log off and dissapear from the world when we've had enough.

For me, to make the Zeds more dangerous, you would have to limit weapons, stamina and most importantly ammo. I would like to see more kinds of zombies too, but everyone seem to be completely opposed to that. Hulking monstrosities that wander around, that make cities dangerous and even better makes themselves known by howls and snarls and whatnot. Nothing short of several .50 cals right in the temple can kill it and will again make us feel like we're not on top of the food chain again. (Insert; Go play Left 4 dead, here) But really, it's all about me wanting to see us being forced to think again and select our fights with far more care and with regards of risk associated.

Basically, I want slow AND fast Zeds, going in a straight line for you after seing you. They should be stupid as hell and easily lost but run faster than you and forcing you to either kill them or hit them to make them stuble and give you space enough to get those much needed meters ahead. But along with those, I would want to see something more. Something to make me cold sweat and force me inside the nearest building or hunker down with buddies in the wild until the threat has passed.. something that we simply are not equipped to kill before "endgame".

3, because:

1) Zombies are gonna be unpredictable tougher in DayZ Standalone, since they will be able to run inside buildings

2) It makes way more sense for a braindead raging carnivore to run directly at its prey, and not zig-zag, zeds dont know that a gun + running straight is not-so-good

3) The movement patterns are way too sudden and unpredictabke when zig-zag running, go and try to run zig zag like the zombies in the game, there is no f'ing way you can change the direction of your momentum as quickly as the zeds do at the current time

Prohibiting combat logging when zombies aggro on you would be a way to make them thougher, too, when they then also can run indoors, they will be feared again, even by high geared players

Edited by Zombo