Sign in to follow this  
elf cakes

Bring back the debug menu! or at least another way to find out my humanity!

howdy, i'm trying to become a hero, and recently i got a bit frustrated because now that the debug menu is gone, i can't see what my humanity is. i want to know how close i am to becoming a bandit, or a survivor or hero. i really don't understand why they got rid of this element, i know that they got rid of the blood meter in the debug to add realism, but why the humanity aswell? :(

also please accept my apology if there actually is a way to find out your humanity now. and please tell me what it is. :P

cheers

have you tried turning it on in the options? because i have, and it doesnt work. i wouldnt be stupid enough to instantly post a topic about this if i hadn't actually tried doing something about it

• Like 9

Step 1: Turn it on in the options

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.

http://www.dayzbuzz....-debug-monitor/

That link is very old... "The latest DayZ Beta Patch 'DayZ 1.7.2.6 + Beta 96584' supports the option to turn ON and OFF the Debug monitor..." More recent patching added the combat timer and now debug does NOT show even when you turn it on.

I agree, bring it back. Realism is one thing, but let people enjoy their game...

Edited by Seddrik
  • Like 7

I agree, bring it back. Realism is one thing, but let people enjoy their game...

hooray, someone actually shares my pain on this subject! :D

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with humanity, I mean, you're a bandit or a survivor or a hero and that's pretty much it. I'd like to see my blood though.

• Like 1

Personally, DayZ Taviana's debug monitor looks like a great idea to me, it shows murders, zombie kills and bandit kills, humanity and the combat system. It's probably the best move for the rest of the game.

• Like 1

Well, it is being a LITTLE bit a hard to play since I don't know how much blood I have, or my humanity.

Something should be made, like a icon for the humanity, like: survivors could be the normal green, bandit red and hero could be a dark green or another color, like blue or something. Or use the old icon (a skull), before the patch 1.7.2.6.

• Like 1

If you kill alot of guys you have a low humanity and if you give alot of people cookies and sunshine you have a high humanity? This is how you know and this should be the only way to know. :)

It was called Debug Monitor for a reason and was always intended to be removed. There are some private hives out there that have custom Status Monitors and I would argue that they ruin the immersion.

Make it work again. It does interest people to see their own info and those who don't like it can just leave it turned of... lol? Dunno why people think that it ruins THEIR fun if OTHERS want to be able to see their OWN character info.

Edited by Seddrik

Dubug monitor is so very useful, how will you know your humanity if you are wearing a ghillie or camo clothing? How will you see if you've killed a bandit or a survivor? These kinds of stats needs to be able to see somewhere. Bring back debug!

I was glad when it was removed, fact is if you want to be a Hero, Keep doing what your doing and you will achieve it. Why so bothered on a constant number checking facility? I thought after a while you would appreciate less features and just play the game without more lists.

It was removed for a reason and TBH there is no RL monitor telling you what you are. A good way to see a bandit in game is those dressed up as other than a survivor or hero! I mean what you got to hide unless your cold?

As with everything else though, let there at least be an option to have it for those who want it!

• Like 3

Remove humanity is my suggestion. Nothing ingame should tell another player, beside that player, of how they are going to respond.

• Like 2

It's a debug menu, it's for the Devs to test stuff, not for you to make your DayZ experience easier.

Since it's been fully removed in the latest official update, and standalone is coming very soon. It might be a good idea for you to try and get used to the idea of living without it.

Maybe there will be a secret DayZ version of the Konami code, then all you little de-buggers can have your cake and be told the numerical value of it.

+1 for removal of "humanity skins"

• Like 2

Some private servers still have the debug menu. The one that I sometimes play on does CA1 (and yes it is 1.7.3 it has the combat timer and car repairs etc.). But yeah, if you have to play on public servers or private ones that dont have it on for whatever reason, you have a car or camp or whatever your stuck with out it, I cant see it coming back.

I can understand wanting to know your blood, though I also agree that being given a number on the screen ruins immersion. Its certainly not as convenient not having the debug screen but the in-game cues and your own common sense are enough to be able to guesstimate how much blood you have. If you start to grey out your in trouble, if you still have full color but have taken damage from zombies or been shot, its time to transfuse or go hunting.

The only bind then is that you don't "know" when your at full blood unless you've just been given a blood bag. The player who is relying on cooked meat/beans to replenish their blood doesn't know when they're topped off. What is one to do you ask? Liberally apply common sense, assess the amount of damage you've taken using the aforementioned cues and a dash of intuition and start eating! General rule: If your are passing out due to low blood, you will need to eat at least 10-12 cooked meat to hit 11-12k blood. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

To be honest I'm surprised to see so many people commenting about humanity. I don't understand why a numerical value is so important...you should know to what extent you are humane towards other players. If you see someone wearing a ghillie/camo/warm clothes and really want to know if he is a bad guy or not you're just gonna have to investigate. Its reasonable to assume that if they fires at you while "investigating" they're not all that friendly. :rolleyes:

Less is more when it comes to the UI imo.

• Like 1

They should definitely remove bandit and hero skins, happens all the time where bandit dies, respawns with new char no bandit skin, kills you because you think you can trust them because they have the new spawn skin, or you shoot someone in defense but you get the bandit skin. Although if they get rid of the skins then it would be more favorable to bandits because of the anonymity. If they made characters more customisable then people would recognize who you are because your skin would be unique. Sidechat - "Watch out for that guy in the leather jacket and jeans with a baseball cap, he's a bandit."

What I'm getting at is your humanity shouldn't be numbers, it should be word of mouth, hey can I trust so and so etc.

Edited by CptMugwash
  • Like 1

Dubug monitor is so very useful, how will you know your humanity if you are wearing a ghillie or camo clothing? How will you see if you've killed a bandit or a survivor? These kinds of stats needs to be able to see somewhere. Bring back debug!

Through your actions!. How hard can it be. :)

• Like 1

Its as easy as renaming your character to hide who you are. If theres no skin change for repeated murders... its detrimental to the game. You can already hide the bandit skin if you find clothes.

People... its a game. If you want real life, real actual life... not debug monitors, no clothing changes for bandit/hero, etc. - then why have respawn, zombies, etc? Those are no more "realistic". But your going to make the game "fun" only for a very very few people if you take away everything except the bare, bare bones items you like.

Its... a... game... people.

• Like 2

I want some form of debug back because I'm partially colour-blind and the icons are bad for me, also if you didn't know this kind of behavior (removing functions that aid people with disabilities) is against European law, I did like the debug and wish it was back, all those who say they don't like it can just leave it switched off, why should we not have it because some of you don't want it.

Edited by Oldy1Kenobi
  • Like 1

There are other mechanics planned that will help you if you have a disability, there is no need for a big box in the corner telling you how much blood runs through your veins.

And yes it is a game and there are many other games as well. If this doesn't make the baguette in your pants go wild then play something else? If I find out that DayZ isn't for me after all I won't play it anymore, not whine about how it doesn't act like other games.

• Like 1

How will you see if you've killed a bandit or a survivor?

The same way you would in real life; walk up and look for his body. I don't like the idea of a counter telling me i have killed someone from 400M+ away when its much more exciting to not know and have to recon the area for yourself, finally finding the body and breathing a sigh of relief.

• Like 1