dr_evil (DayZ)

DayZ singleplayer

I really want to play DayZ, but 7/10 times I join a server, something pops up and says sorry you cant play this because of some ridiculous reason I cant understand. Also internet is a real problem where I live so I cant play for very long. I'm sure that there are other people with exactly the same problem, so I dont see why you couldn't help them out. I understand this would be a ton more work, but please, I beg you, bring in a singleplayer option. I know about the things that people already made that let you play single player, I have found 2, and they both dont work. (if you do know a link to a download for one that works, please)

I dont get why you wouldnt want to, (apart from the work) it wouldnt intervene with whatever you're doing on multiplayer or whatever youre doing. So, please. Please? Please.

Come on rocket, help a guy out?

• Like 3

Used to be one. But a disagreement between rocket and the maker of the singleplayer lead to it's discontinue.

Please go on. :) I want to learn more about this event.

@Chaos5061

Why though? What happened? rocket was't getting any credit for it?

@The Kahn

I don't see how a campaign mode would work in a game like dayZ without having to add things like quests and NPC's and other things. But then it would basically become a modern day Fallout 3. I am saying is that me and heaps of other people have some kind of restriction as to when/why they can play dayZ. Just something that doesn't require internet connection whenever you are playing it. I suppose you could call it "offline dayZ".

Don't know the total reasons. I came into DayZ about 2 weeks after the fallout happened. I just know that a lot of complaints was on the forums from it. Rocket said what happened. It maybe in the announcement forum. I remember seeing a post about it and Rocket said he didn't want to talk about it anymore.

The closest to a single player now is to make your own private server that is not connected to the official hive.

Edited by Chaos5061

Basic survival in dayz is no challenge why the hell would you want to play on your own?

Singleplayer? I'm not even going to bother giving you a reason why that's a stupid idea. You're better off just playing arma2, because DayZ singleplayer, will never happen.

Singleplayer? I'm not even going to bother giving you a reason why that's a stupid idea. You're better off just playing arma2, because DayZ singleplayer, will never happen.

why is this a stupid idea? some ppl just wanna survive and not have to worry about getting killed by a bandit. I for one would enjoy a single player...just running to city to city looting and gathering...not worrying about being plugged in the head by a hacker/bandit

• Like 1

I asked for this the other day, with some decent points for and against. There are people out there like myself who would love to play the game offline, whether for training of just to experience he claustrophobia of a zombie apocalypse.

It won't take Anything from the game it will add to it, even better would be the game which allows you to host the game for you and your friends. Safety and the dayz experience.

I could see the single player as bait (kerching) for a new group of customers, ones who would appreciate being catered for.

Get your head around that BI and Rocket n co.

• Like 1

How can it not happen when it's going to be in the standalone?

• Like 1

RRRrrrrriiiggght, so its never going to happen, but its already happened, twice, and I have both files on my USB and desktop to prove it? o.O

I cant see why it would be a stupid idea: I mean, you play by yourself without having to worry about hackers and cheaters etc, you save internet, you can get better by yourself so when you do play multiplayer you'll have a bit more experience.

Also just imagine what it would be like being the only person not infected on the whole of Chernarus! I dont know about you but that sounds pretty exciting if I do say so myself....

• Like 1

...LAN, doesn't require an Internet connection (If you have some Internet cables) or a good Internet. I can't play multiplayer on anything at all, my Internet is way too crap but LAN with friends is always fun... when it's available.

@The Kahn

Yes I suppose that could work, you and your friend(s) could work together. See its stuff like that that gets me excited about this: Chernarus is completly dead except for you or you and your friend, no help from anyone else your own your own!

Also I have thought of something else: When you start your game, you could get the option to place in others survivor bots, so if you want a multiplayer-like experience then you can just play with them.

*Snippety* you and your friend(s) could work together. *Snip snip*

Or we could just do some good old man hunt style PvP. :P

Edited by The Khan

Couldn't you just do a LAN by your self it would be the same. This is a good idea I'm going to get standalone but... I have hugesenet satellite Internet and I can barely play minecraft so I need a single player will my LAN idea work?

@Pvt. James Duke

I suppose I could but I still need the internet connected for that and I dont want to spend money on the singleplayer in the standalone that hasn't even been officially announced. If you can give a link or quote from wherever the dayZ staff actually confirmed a singleplayer, then please, send it to me.

I'd like maybe a smaller version of DayZ to be SP, it would be great as a tutorial for new players for veterans to practice more.

I wouldn't mind singleplayer DayZ, but there would at least have to be some NPC bandits, because not ever encountering someone else with a gun will probably end up being pretty boring.

And if NPC bandits are in there, throw in some friendly survivors too. Maybe to trade with, or just watch them be chased and eaten by zombies. :)

• Like 1

@tabris07

Yes if we could add AI controlled bots for survivors and bandits that would be good. Like at the start of your user-made scenarios where you can place and select how many surivors/bandits you want on the map.

Oh boy! Would the campaign end up with us destroying the earth from the moon? Because that would be just super.

Sarcasm aside, I don't see why the inclusion of a single player mode would help the game in any way. It's not the zeds you come for, or at least it shouldn't be; it's the player interactions that make DayZ.

The only inclusion of a single player mode that I could see would be a tutorial that shows you how to use the controls, gives a little background to the zed apocalypse, etc, etc. Basically a place where players can learn the basics without the fear of someone coming up and hatcheting them in the skull while they tried to figure out how the inventory worked.

Oh boy! Would the campaign end up with us destroying the earth from the moon? Because that would be just super.

Sarcasm aside, I don't see why the inclusion of a single player mode would help the game in any way. It's not the zeds you come for, or at least it shouldn't be; it's the player interactions that make DayZ.

The only inclusion of a single player mode that I could see would be a tutorial that shows you how to use the controls, gives a little background to the zed apocalypse, etc, etc. Basically a place where players can learn the basics without the fear of someone coming up and hatcheting them in the skull while they tried to figure out how the inventory worked.

Yes, let the standalone incorporate the arma tutorial plus zombies. Then all you need to do is not time it out once complete, that way anyone that wanted could just keep going after the tutorial to get a feel for the land. This could accomplish "single player" with no addition programming (or very little).

Hello there

As has been stated in all the other SP threads (search anyone?), there are those who'd like SP and those who don't. Just because one doesn't understand it or finds it dull does not mean it's an invalid idea.

(btw no links ok?)

Rgds

LoK

@Riem

The reason I came to dayZ is because this is the first zombie apocalypse game that ticks all the boxes for me. ALL of the other sad excuses for 'fun zombie slaying games' just suck so bad. They're all top-down shooters or side scrollers or something retarded like that. Anyway, I like the idea of just a tutorial, but one that you could edit like the scenarios in ArmA II and keep playing, so it doesn't end once you have completed it. Or the showcases or something. Just anything that doesn't require constant internet connection to play.

Edited by dr_evil
  • Like 1