dr_evil (DayZ)

DayZ singleplayer

And on that note i would like to see options to host the game for yourself and friends within the game over a LAN or even the net, you could benefit from co-op rp game play, offering you the extra added safety without costs of a server rental! which i have always considered as middle money grabbing men.

Games used to offer this as standard, why the change? What happened to introduce these money grabbing whores? (a bit strong perhaps)

DayZ SA, inc, single player campaigns and in game hosting for wider community appeal. You would sell shit loads, more so than the initial interest compared to the MOD! your attracting players who don't usualy play online, I was one of them, I used to play online back in the day and now i am forced to play online because DayZ is just too good and everything i was waiting for in a game.

BI and rocket may not be in it for the money based on some who purchased the Arma2 bundle, but as a business decision this would make sense down the line. It is understood rocket is not money orientated (Hence why he hasn't got the yellow lambo) but come on offer consumers a greater choice other devs has slowly stripped away.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys. I really don't want this to blow over, I really hope someone notices it and says something, or better still, helps us out.

On a side note, I want to know why a couple of people have already disliked the idea, I mean, if you don't want to play offline, then don't worry. It will make a lot of people happy and thankful, so I don't really see why anyone would criticise the idea.

I criticize good ideas to flush them out, helps sometimes to develop them even my own, sometimes people may think I'm disagreeing though.

I would not object to an open world tutorial, though there should be a great deal of limitations to make the online version more fun.

Such as limited loot spawns, you should only be able to find some basic food, water, maybe a pistol or two. But save the real fun of looting for the multiplayer. There's something satisfying about picking up a rifle when you know someone else might be just around the corner from you.

As for the LAN connection thing, I'm not going to object to that either, but the items and such that you gain there should not carry over to a main hive server, just so we don't get a sudden huge influx of weapons and gear from people farming their LAN games for that exact reason.

I believe the single player should be just as the online version, no differences bar lack of other players but just a single player experience. Non transferable items. A whole package.

I have the singleplayer mission and an old version of DayZ, so I made a shortcut what only loads the old version of DayZ. Very fast and easy.

I'm not sending it to anyone though. Please no annoying private messages.

I have the singleplayer mission and an old version of DayZ, so I made a shortcut what only loads the old version of DayZ. Very fast and easy.

I'm not sending it to anyone though. Please no annoying private messages.

So what was the point in replying?

Btw I have the single player too and it still works. Just do a search on google or I think it was youtube where I found a tutorial and links to the files.

So what was the point in replying?

Btw I have the single player too and it still works. Just do a search on google or I think it was youtube where I found a tutorial and links to the files.

Just saying that there is an unofficial singleplayer mission.

I have 2 versions of a singleplayer thing for dayZ. Both of them don't work. But in reply to what should be in a offline or the online version, I think they should be the same. Except if you want, you can place in loot piles, or big crowds of zombies, NPC's bandits etc in the offline.

DayZ mission editor? Just a single player will be fine, I don't want to be trying out other players ideas and dream maps, the community will blow up, could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Will the standalone have a singleplayer? Someone said it before but didn't post any links or anything....

I really hope the standalone has singleplayer. Can someone give a link showing where someone said that?

Edited by dr_evil

I think there are a couple of Zombie mods for Arma2 that are single player. Isn't Dynamic Zombie Sandbox single player?

Sarcasm aside, I don't see why the inclusion of a single player mode would help the game in any way. It's not the zeds you come for, or at least it shouldn't be; it's the player interactions that make DayZ.

Getting shot on sight 90% of times; that's what make DayZ? When you are a new spawn on the coast with a hero skin? That's what makes DayZ? I've played single player and it's nice to have a game where there are no asshole snipers, bandits, traitors, hackers, vehicle hoarders etc

Edited by Shrimpy223

wait my singleplayer option is unlocked so i can play in mission editor, is it supposed to be that way? :o

i have the latest 1.7.3 :P

Well, if this isn't a big possibility, then are there any other DECENT, free FPS RPG sandbox zombie apocalypse games out there? Not shitty top-down shooters, not internet guzzling games, not kiddy style things. Please help!!