Judemoukari

Do you trust Rocket's vision?

Honestly? No... Love Rocket for making this new Genre in the gaming Industry...

But the DayZ Standalone should be taken away from him and let some1 else do the development.

Ok you've said your piece yet offer no explanation as to why you feel that way. Why do you feel his game should be taken away from him?

People seem to forget he made this mod for himself and friends.

He don't care if its not a success and he's not unit for the money.

For me Rocket can do what he wants and ill still buy it and play it.

You forget Bohemia most likely invest money in the standalone... And let me assure you that Bohemia is about profits if it's about the Standalone.

That would 100% be the worst thing that could ever happen to this project.

Worst thing for some of you, maybe. Good thing for some of us. Personally i hate where Rocket plans to take DayZ and it's getting more of an annoyance then fun.

Fun > Realism. In every case. Feel free to check the Last players in 24h... 1.3mil unique players in total and only 35k in the last 24h? Simply pathetic, even for a mod.

Hello there

I'm neither a Dayz mod nor Rocket fanboi, but the mod is supposed to be punishing and frustrating and not "fun" in the mainstream sense. It's sad that the game is moving away from that which you appreciate, but you can always stick with the mod and edit it to your hearts content.

35k players? damn, that's not half bad.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

I'm neither a Dayz mod nor Rocket fanboi, but the mod is supposed to be punishing and frustrating and not "fun" in the mainstream sense. It's sad that the game is moving away from that which you appreciate, but you can always stick with the mod and edit it to your hearts content.

35k players? damn, that's not half bad.

Rgds

LoK

punishing and frustrating is OK.

annoying is NOT.

there is a big difference.

nobody should expect the initial release to be OMG SUPER AMAZING FLA;SDFJ;ALSFJ because there will be bugs. this is unavoidable. I only say this because I know there will be a ton of people saying, "omg standalone sucks" when they have to realize IT HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED.

/pre-rage

nobody should expect the initial release to be OMG SUPER AMAZING FLA;SDFJ;ALSFJ because there will be bugs. this is unavoidable. I only say this because I know there will be a ton of people saying, "omg standalone sucks" when they have to realize IT HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED.

/pre-rage

no1 is talking about bugs here.

that's why i said /pre-rage leave me alone :<

no1 is talking about bugs here.

No one knows what the hell you are talking about either. Lotta words to say "i don't like it"

I get nervous when he uses bullshit terms like "anti-game.". That is a meaningless buzzword that brings to mind ignorant people in business meetigs throwing around "synergy" and "dynamics" or whatever the buzzword of the week is.

Truth is, it's a sandbox game, although it isn't even much of a sandbox right now due to the lack of features. Private hives are exploding because people want some structure, some purpose. Heaven forbid, it's like they want to play a computer GAME. He's made a great skeleton for a game, now he needs to flesh it out.

I think if he gets over the "I'm making something that's never been done, an anti-game!" bullshit (you guys swinging from his nuts and parroting this bullshit are not helping) and realizes that people play to have fun, then he could end up making a unique and fun game. If he insists on portraying it as something deeper than that, then he'll totally miss the opportunity to create something that can endure.

Ultimately it is his and he can do whatever he wants, but I'd like to see making the game more enjoyable and more social be a priority.

Ps - I am not saying easier, just more enjoyable. For instance, I'd like to see a bounty system implemented, and a system to encourage kidnapping and robbery over murder, and something to help organize the building of groups and then encourage these groups to fight over resources. I would say that the emergence of all the private hives backs this point up.

• Like 2

No one knows what the hell you are talking about either. Lotta words to say "i don't like it"

only you don't know. you should think about why you can't understand. i'm not calling you stupid, you did yourself with that post.

I get nervous when he uses bullshit terms like "anti-game.". That is a meaningless buzzword that brings to mind ignorant people in business meetigs throwing around "synergy" and "dynamics" or whatever the buzzword of the week is.

Truth is, it's a sandbox game, although it isn't even much of a sandbox right now due to the lack of features. Private hives are exploding because people want some structure, some purpose. Heaven forbid, it's like they want to play a computer GAME. He's made a great skeleton for a game, now he needs to flesh it out.

I think if he gets over the "I'm making something that's never been done, an anti-game!" bullshit (you guys swinging from his nuts and parroting this bullshit are not helping) and realizes that people play to have fun, then he could end up making a unique and fun game. If he insists on portraying it as something deeper than that, then he'll totally miss the opportunity to create something that can endure.

Ultimately it is his and he can do whatever he wants, but I'd like to see making the game more enjoyable and more social be a priority.

Ps - I am not saying easier, just more enjoyable. For instance, I'd like to see a bounty system implemented, and a system to encourage kidnapping and robbery over murder, and something to help organize the building of groups and then encourage these groups to fight over resources. I would say that the emergence of all the private hives backs this point up.

Rocket doesn't have time for that kind of stuff.

He has more important game mechanics to implement... Like our Hero can poop now and you need to dig it in a hole that you will dig yourself....

Yep, such an interesting new feature, can't wait...

Edited by MostlyPanda

I'm sorry, but i'm quite insulted by this thread. both as DayZ enthusiastic, and just a general consumer who appreciates great ideas.

Listen carefully, The question posed in this thread is no different than questioning for instance Henry Ford at the time he started to build cars. If the way he chose to build them was the right course for him. As far as anyone concerned he could have failed, many have. his ideas could comeshort, or never be implemented the way he wanted. i'm sure plenty of folks experienced that. Trying to make your way, and build something from the ground up, But unable to for many reasons. it's up to the man himself to capitalize on his ideas, and make them work. him and no other.

There's no right or wrong here, There's a vision made by one guy. It can move left, or right, though its fairly unimportant. what is important, is that at the end there will be an end product. something that will be offered to you for fixed price. You may then realize that the product might not be exactly what you had expected it to be, Slightly falls short on expectations, that can happen, But it's ok. You can always go shop for another car, or consider buying a motorcycle.

While most grand ideas are often being executed by a team rather than one individual in order to be able to have the vision become reality, It is still a one man path, that others tag along with.

This has a philosophical side to it. I guess another good example could be the bible. Many question god ways. many dont agree with him, and thus not following his guidebook. they choose another one, they practice different religions, or none.

I find it ridiculous to even suggest that anyone, anywhere, has a better understanding of rocket vision for the game. If there's such individual who truly belives that he knows better, then he should as well acknowledge that it is no longer rocket's vision, but his own.

Edited by Josefinko
  • Like 2

I'm sorry, but i'm quite insulted by this thread. both as DayZ enthusiastic, and just a general consumer who appreciates great ideas.

Listen carefully, The question posed in this thread is no different than questioning for instance Henry Ford at the time he started to build cars. If on the way he decided to build them was the right course for him. As far as anyone concern he could as well fail. his ideas could comeshort, i'm sure there are plenty of folks like that. it's up to the man himself to capitalize on his ideas, and make them work. him and no other.

There's no right or wrong here, There's a vision made by one guy. It can move left, or right, though its fairly iunimportant. what is important, is that at the end there will be an end product. something that will be offered to you for fixed price. You may then realize that the product might not be what you've expected. slightly fall short on expectations, it can happen. but that's ok, you can always go shop for another car.

While most grand ideas are often beign executed by a team, rather than one individual in order to be able to have the vision to become reality, It is still a one man path, that others tag along.

This has a philosophical side to it. I guess another good example could be the bible. Many question god ways. many dont agree with him, and thus not following his guidebook. they choose another one, they practice different religions, or none.

I find it ridiculous to even suggest that anyone, anywhere, has a better understanding of rocket vision for the game. If there's such individual who truly belives that he knows better, then he should as well acknowledge that it is no longer rocket's vision, but his own.

You should visit a therapist. I'm not being sarcastic.

If you compare his "tunnel vision" to one of the greatest inventor in history... then compare it to the Holy Bible... You have problems man, really big problems.

PS.: No1 said we have better understanding of Rockets Tunnel Vision. Some of us said his Vision is good, Some of us said we would prefer some1 elses Vision.

Edited by MostlyPanda

Rocket doesn't have time for that kind of stuff.

He has more important game mechanics to implement... Like our Hero can poop now and you need to dig it in a hole that you will dig yourself....

Yep, such an interesting new feature, can't wait...

Is that seriously a considered feature? There are so many bigger issues that need to be addressed before he creates Shit Simulator 2013, like giving us a reason to keep playing beyond killing each other. Which, as the player numbers will attest, gets boring really fast.

As long as no carebear casual mechanics like safehouses or punishment for banditry are implemented, I'm good. As was said, icing on the beans.

• Like 1

As long as no carebear casual mechanics like safehouses or punishment for banditry are implemented, I'm good. As was said, icing on the beans.

Everytime you use the term Carebear your e-peen grows by an inch and you win 20 internet badass points. Way to go!

punishing and frustrating is OK.

annoying is NOT.

there is a big difference.

Maybe you should just wait for the finished game if you're finding the development process frustrating.

Rocket never said that was a new feature...he said it's an interesting thought. Realistic=better game in my opinion. I'm tired of FPS that are cookie cutter. This game should be different and it already is. If you want a "fun" game that's great but don't start claiming that you know what's going to be in the standalone. Wait till it comes out or go play WARZ from what I hear it's everything your looking for anyways!

Edited by Leadon77
  • Like 1

while i trust Rocket, the same cant be said for the DayZ community as a whole..

sadly i suspect the KoS issues will carry over into SA, and prolly be even worse once the sciddie isues are sorted.

there will be more people playing all the time, resulting in even more KoS and the snowball will continue to grow and grow and grow..

basicly as long as Rocket keeps to his anti-game design ideas, the game will never really attain a community that is anything except what we see today of no one trusting or developing in game interactions other then trading bullets to faces.

hopefully im wrong but i doubt it very much

• Like 1

It's refreshing within the game industry to see someone with a unique vision, going about it in an unorthodox way whilst listening to the community

I'm a little worried about the dev team stripping out things they don't need for the game, I hope they don't remove the current squad identification and custom face optios, or if they remove it I hope it will be to favor of a new customizable head and body with morphs and all the stuff many MMOs have in the current game industry

I feel Im not alone when I ask to keep the same look and feel of arma2-dayz while ADDING ragdolls, directional melee and cosmetic customization options like Saints Row, Skyrim, APB, Global Agenda

All in all I do have the "other" game and its nothing to worry about, but don't take that as a right to be lazy, I hope you guys make DayZ Standalone the best game ever!

best regards

You should visit a therapist. I'm not being sarcastic.

If you compare his "tunnel vision" to one of the greatest inventor in history... then compare it to the Holy Bible... You have problems man, really big problems.

PS.: No1 said we have better understanding of Rockets Tunnel Vision. Some of us said his Vision is good, Some of us said we would prefer some1 elses Vision.

I didn't made any comparison. i was trying to prove a point by offering example. The examples might seen as radical though radicalizing something is known as an invalubale tool in the doctrine of rhetorics. it's pitty that you honestly think that i compared rocket to god but whatever.

Edited by Josefinko

Everytime you use the term Carebear your e-peen grows by an inch and you win 20 internet badass points. Way to go!

Cool!

Fun > Realism. In every case. Feel free to check the Last players in 24h... 1.3mil unique players in total and only 35k in the last 24h? Simply pathetic, even for a mod.

You'll have to remember that to a "normal" player Arma II's certain stiffness and bugs that this mods still has may be an obstacle that they can't get around that easily. I think we can all agree that DayZ is at the moment a bit rough around the edges. Some people can look past it, some can't. When DayZ grew in popularity and got more attention, people bought Arma II without knowing what was waiting for them. Many of my friends can't look past DayZ's faults and won't be even considering of trying it before standalone. When everyone praises something people can sometimes forget to find out what all the fuzz is about.

Same thing that happened to Red Orchestra 2 is happening to DayZ MOD (I won't say anything about the coming standalone). People who can't find enough good in it will abandon it and people who like it will stay. I don't think that's a bad thing at all. I honestly think that shapes community to better direction.

You forget Bohemia most likely invest money in the standalone... And let me assure you that Bohemia is about profits if it's about the Standalone.

Worst thing for some of you, maybe. Good thing for some of us. Personally i hate where Rocket plans to take DayZ and it's getting more of an annoyance then fun.

Lets not discount the fact that BI has already made tons of money on an old game because of the popularity of Rocket's vision.

I also disagree with fun > realism. For me the realism is the fun. Its what makes the game unique.

Personally it sounds like youd much prefer to play a more casual arcade style game. Lucky for you there is another option.

• Like 3

Listen carefully, The question posed in this thread is no different than questioning for instance Henry Ford at the time he started to build cars. If the way he chose to build them was the right course for him. As far as anyone concerned he could have failed, many have. his ideas could comeshort, or never be implemented the way he wanted. i'm sure plenty of folks experienced that. Trying to make your way, and build something from the ground up, But unable to for many reasons. it's up to the man himself to capitalize on his ideas, and make them work. him and no other.

There's no right or wrong here, There's a vision made by one guy. It can move left, or right, though its fairly unimportant. what is important, is that at the end there will be an end product. something that will be offered to you for fixed price. You may then realize that the product might not be exactly what you had expected it to be, Slightly falls short on expectations, that can happen, But it's ok. You can always go shop for another car, or consider buying a motorcycle.

While most grand ideas are often being executed by a team rather than one individual in order to be able to have the vision become reality, It is still a one man path, that others tag along with.

I'm sorry if you find this offensive, this thread was not made to question any of Rocket's decisions in DayZ's development. It was made for people to talk about what they are hoping or waiting for DayZ to be. It's not about questioning Rocket's vision, it's for us, gamers/comsumers/or whatever, to share our thoughts about our expectations.

I'm sorry if you find this offensive, this thread was not made to question any of Rocket's decisions in DayZ's development. It was made for people to talk about what they are hoping or waiting for DayZ to be. It's not about questioning Rocket's vision, it's for us, gamers/comsumers/or whatever, to share our thoughts about our expectations.

offensive may not the right term to describe it. and you're wrong. you asked a question that in its nature imply that there's another vision. if you truly wanted an open discussion about people's expectations and ideas you could've chosen different wording for your title. something that doesn't include "rocket" "vision" and trust"

what i did is to attempt and prove that there's no other vision. only one vision. coprendo?

no wonder, point didn't get across.

Edited by Josefinko