Sign in to follow this  
An_Atomic_Penguin

What Does DayZ Mean To You? (PvP or Survival)

Hey Guys,

Thanks for checking out this forum post. The primary aim of this post is to gain a better understanding of how the Current DayZ Community feels about the game we all love so much. Whether people are in favour of PvP or if people prefer the Survival Aspect of the game. Please feel free to leave any feedback!

This commentary includes clips from several recent DayZ Livestreams I did. It was captured on a Private Hive rMod server, which information can be found within the info section of the video.

I hope you enjoy and if you do don't forget to SUBSCRIBE!

• Like 1

Great video! :)

But dayz means to me survival but it's more like getting a pvp game with all those bandits and guns...

50/50

With out one or the other the game is broken,

Pure PvP will just make it a death match

Pure survival makes it similar to any other boring zombie survival

Thats why a namalsk is so damn good, it has extra survival and extra pvp

• Like 1

For me it is (or rater SHOULD be) about survival, but there has to be some level of PvP as well (a few bandits, not many).

There are lots and lots and lots of 100% PvP games out there, and we don't need another one.

It's more PvP than I would like it to be. I just get annoyed when people kill without reason/without communication. BUt it needs to be a bit of both or it just wouldn't be DayZ.

To me, it's about both. That's why DayZ is honestly one of the best "games" I've ever played. It truly stands out amongst a backdrop of all the regurgitated shit that makes up modern gaming. Rocket and Co. have really produced something original and have really raised the bar for future games and gamers.

DayZ is about survival, not deathmatches but i let bandits carry on with there job if they dont bother me...

I'm a pure survivor.

But DayZ isn't about me, it's about allowing every player to find his own motivation for carrying on. Other players is what makes this a crazy experience, as a survivor, you're always on your toes, even when you meet another survivor. You never know if he's going to change his mind and shoot you in the back or a bandit close by overhearing your friendly conversation in direct chat.

DayZ is a perfect mix of competitive and coopertive gameplay, which means players encounters are far more advanced than any other game out there.

• Like 5

pure survival/exploration for me..

having never killed another player in DayZ, im not about to start now.

im fine with PVP in the game, but the current state of KoS, is a problem that i see not ending even in the SA.

with a no rules game mechanic, the community will always degenerate down to the lowest common denominator.

that being" well i have to kill first, cuz otherwise they will kill me, im sik of getting shot first, so im gunna be like everyone else", and thus the problem grows n grows n grows. until its like it is now.. just one big KoS DM map...

shame really..

My explicit goal is to survive and have a little fun doing it. If killing someone might help me survive, I will do so.

Both, I guess, but more survival. The PvP should be part of the survival aspect, but nowadays there are just too many people with itchy trigger fingers. I don't think you'll ever find a dramatic situation where a group gets divided in half over supplies and bloodshed ensues, unfortunately. No negotiating or anything. Now it's shoot first, don't bother with questions.

If this game is about PvP, like it seems to be now, then what would be the point of playing this rather then just plain old vanilla ArmA 2? Its really just a sandbox game, whereas you can do what you want. The PvP aspect of it is almost an insult to the very nature of this game.

Edited by atmawpn89
  • Like 2

I like chillin out in Cherno or Elektro with an decent gun and shooting people I don't like and no, those people aren't flashlight wielding bambi's(Unless it's threatening flashlight behaviour).

If this game is about PvP, like it seems to be now, then what would be the point of playing this rather then just plain old vanilla ArmA 2? Its really just a sandbox game, whereas you can do what you wan't. The PvP aspect of it is almost an insult to the very nature of this game.

well said.. have some beans

If this game is about PvP, like it seems to be now, then what would be the point of playing this rather then just plain old vanilla ArmA 2? Its really just a sandbox game, whereas you can do what you wan't. The PvP aspect of it is almost an insult to the very nature of this game.

I am sick of this argument. The thing that makes DayZ so intense is the amount of time you have to put into a character to make them battle worthy. Knowing that if I die I will lose all of my gear makes it so much more exciting. If I die in Vanilla ArmA I will just respawn with gear and my death didn't matter.

Stupid argument is stupid

75% Survival

25% PVP

This game to me isn't about just having battles with people, it's the experience of playing a survival game with other people. I would go as far to say, that if there was an offline/singleplayer/small co-op version of DayZ, where it was just you, maybe a couple buddies on a team if you want, and a few thousand zombies (quality zombies lol), in Chernarus, I might even play that game more. Anyone that has spent a ton of time in Minecraft will understand this lol If action happens, I'll be there for it, but I'm not really on DayZ looking for fights or people to group up with so that we can fight another group. It's not a bad thing, but if I just wanted pure PVP, I'll go play other games that I'll get way more enjoyment out of from a shooter point of view.

DayZ means to me...

most epic fun ever had in game, and nothing can possibly come close to that ever.

pvp and survival both share their part within, but that can not be measured in numbers.

<3

I play it nearly all survival but I think PvP is an essential game mechanic. Recently it just seems like it's becoming a PvP shit-fest free-or-all deathmatch with all this KoS bullshit and betrayals.

I play it as a survival game. I don't mind a bit of PvP but I don't particularly care for the instant KoS attitude that pervades all of DayZdom.

I'd have much more fun if there were more friendly interactions but then I don't really expect everyone to do what I think is fun so I don't like to complain too much.

DayZ to me is about telling people I'm friendly on Elektro and then when they turn they back I shoot them in the head.

It's both for me. I never go looking for fights if I'm not seriously bored, the fights usually begin when I go into a city.

I'm a pure survivor.

But DayZ isn't about me, it's about allowing every player to find his own motivation for carrying on. Other players is what makes this a crazy experience, as a survivor, you're always on your toes, even when you meet another survivor. You never know if he's going to change his mind and shoot you in the back or a bandit close by overhearing your friendly conversation in direct chat.

DayZ is a perfect mix of competitive and coopertive gameplay, which means players encounters are far more advanced than any other game out there.

Arguably one of the best posts ive read on this forum. Period. Beans for you.