Sign in to follow this  
libertine

Why thunderdomers may be psychopaths and why they may need your help

Ran across a couple articles today and thought i'd post one. To take what might be a several months of effort by another DayZ player and blink it out of existence is a horrible (or ignorant, aka stupid) act, to do it to a 60 population server i would have said was unbelievable before i saw it happen. I personally had been killed around 25 times this way and i didn't feel like I even played that much.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15386740

You will have to work with these people in later life and they may be your boss, since selfish corporations like someone who is willing to crack a whip, not to mention many companies are run by this type of person.

Hello there

I would say more sociopathic rather than pure psyco, but the net just tends to draw out "the real us"

Not good IMHO, not good at all.

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

That is quite a stretch Dr. Wikipedia. It is probable that you are insulting many of the people just getting a laugh out of how upset people get in a clearly buggy game. If anything, these hackers teach me not to get so obsessed with a video game. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

That is quite a stretch Dr. Wikipedia. It is probable that you are insulting many of the people just getting a laugh out of how upset people get in a clearly buggy game. If anything, these hackers teach me not to get so obsessed with a video game. Just my opinion.

I think your thinking of the hollywood definition of psychopath. Im talking about the clinical definition. Edited by Thane

I think your thinking of the hollywood definition of psychopath. Im talking about the clinical definition.

If anything, I think the Hollywood definition would be more appropriate here. Calling someone you've never met or at the very least spoken to a "psychopath" in the clinical definition seems a bit much don't you think? Maybe you have a PhD in Psychology that I don't know about so you could be right. I think it is hard to say such a thing. How do you know if they aren't Sociologists that are taking notes during these "tests" they are running? They could literally be anyone! Perhaps Thunderdome is a rogue social experiment. Of course, my assumption of this is just as absurd as your assumption.

I wouldnt say their crazy at all id say its just called being an asshole . They do it for shits and giggles and because they can . Its useually just a kid on a power trip or some snot nosed teen with daddy's money buying hacks . It is just a game after all remember that there are hackers in every game and they will exploit games anyway they can it just so happens dayz can be exploited more I don't think that makes them psychopaths . Like playing any other games with hackers you wouldn't call them psychopaths just a bunch of assholes with no skill . Just my 2 cents

Hank

Psychopath: A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse... So anyone care to elaborate where this guy is wrong in his statement? Perfectly describes the behavior of hackers.. Oh wait, actually describes a majority of DayZ players ;P

Psychopath: A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse... So anyone care to elaborate where this guy is wrong in his statement? Perfectly describes the behavior of hackers.. Oh wait, actually describes a majority of DayZ players ;P

I resemble that remark!! Good day sir!

It is easy to be a doctor when your knowledge goes as far as "the free dictionary".

These are the same kind of people, you can catch near any airfield with laser pen lights.

Psychopaths on the internet =/= psychopaths in the real world.

On the internet, most of us are psychopaths.

Just look at your search history (if you aren't an internet schizophrenic and delete your history on exit).