rocket

Devblog details on engine architecture for DayZ

Hopefully performance will be improved, have to see it to believe it. Great read though. (:

Edited by Drunk Guy

awesome I have a question though??

Will all buildings be enterable rocket??

Atleast 80% of them so far.

I really hope this helps against cheaters! But a decent anti-cheat will always be required! Please stick with BE, and don't use VAC

I don't understand much about programing stuff but this sound really great. :thumbsup:

Edited by ICO_hr

I don't think that everyone is grasping how amazing this is. If it gets implemented optimally we will see hacking end almost completely, huge performance improvements and no more desync!

Edited by Timberwolf
  • Like 4

So with that said Rocket, how many players per server do you expect to have with the standalone? Based on the new architecture.

It would be cool if someone could explain that in retard language for me :l

Thanks.

Does these changes mean that the standalone will still have a wide variety of servers to play on? I just want to know if I will still be able to join a New Zealand server on the standalone game, as with many other games we get left out. Thanks.

• Like 1

hi,

That is the way to go. Remove all uneeded AI functions to allocate performances elsewhere. I cross finger that your test gives you the right results.

cya.

Nikiller

Edited by Nikiller
  • Like 3

This is really cool stuff!

Locking everything down serverside will virtually eliminate the hackers, cheaters and make it extremely hard to get away with it if attempted. What Rocket says about player capacity depending on map size, this could mean we see maps holding hundreds or even thousands of players.

I can't wait to get into this!

A Huge Announcment, cant wait to test it out. I've stopped playing for the moment in waiting for the Standalone release

This is really cool stuff!

Locking everything down serverside will virtually eliminate the hackers, cheaters and make it extremely hard to get away with it if attempted. What Rocket says about player capacity depending on map size, this could mean we see maps holding hundreds or even thousands of players.

I can't wait to get into this!

Hundred players? Maybe! Thousand? No!

I don't think current maps sizes or Chernarus+ can be stretched to hold more than max hundred players.

Edited by Dallas

Maybe with the performance improvements you could change zombies spawning only if a player is in proximity of 300 meters or so. I always know a player is in town or a certain area if the zombies didn't bulk up. Zombies always being there regardless of players would be amazing.

Edited by DieBrotmafia