thelonewarrior

New death messages for who killed you and what weapon, good or bad (poll)

New death messages, good or bad?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. New death messages, good or bad?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Other (please explain)

Yeah someone made a good suggestion for the death message to only show if the person uses a non-legit gun.

/support

Edited by Erizid

The pros outweigh the cons.

I've written on this and side chat multiple times, so I won't get into it too much.

Building a community > immersion.

Anonymous killing anonymous watched by anonymous, looting anonymous , while anonymous raids anonymous' tent. That leaves absolutely no room for any type of meaningful long term gameplay or drives gameplay in any way whatsoever.

^^^this guy gets it ^^^

well said sir, have some beans

The most immersion killing thing in all of DayZ is people using teamspeak or VOIP, yet no one seems to care about that, so stop acting like immersion breaking is such a big deal. The death messages will help build story and community and will ultimately lead to a better experience for everyone.

This mod is in alpha, so it's good. People play this mod like it is in full release, but the come on to the forums and cry "DA GAIM IN ALFER, STUP WHINEN" These messages are needed.

The most immersion killing thing in all of DayZ is people using teamspeak or VOIP, yet no one seems to care about that, so stop acting like immersion breaking is such a big deal. The death messages will help build story and community and will ultimately lead to a better experience for everyone.

Having side chat takes the "opportunity" to use voip to communcate in near real life conditions, the group i play with uses both teamspeak and voip. So side chat should be disabled, nobody can tweet a message across a country without a device IRL either.

There's nothing that makes people say "Hey, let's go get those guys" more than seeing them kill other players. IMO.

While I don't prefer to take the anonymity away from the talented and legit snipers out there I think over it it would be a feature that will do more good than harm. I believe it would be necessary in implementing a credible bounty system.

Add this to the inspect body. Find a large bullethole, very large caliber? Make assumptions. Should be this kind of info found upon a body, not in a game chat.

• Like 1

I think bad... but just because it is more realistic. To me that is. Just my 2 cents.

bad, what if you want to be a stealth bandit or betray your team and blame it on someone else?

No. I want to be able to remain concealed without some metagame bullshit ruining it. Yes, it might help stop hackers, but then again, it only might. If you die, you shouldn't know how you died, and who did the deed. This would ruin a lot of stealth, and group infiltration.

I think a good compromise would be to disable the global death message, but allow only the shooter and shot to know who was who.

I doubt this will happen tho, seems like until the SA we will have what we get.

Just to clarify I don't care for the death message at all. I think it should be disabled altogether. But I understand alot of folks wish to know their killers.

Not to bad we had it on our server when pop got high and there was lots of PVP it spammed the shit out of your screen

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Having side chat takes the "opportunity" to use voip to communcate in near real life conditions, the group i play with uses both teamspeak and voip. So side chat should be disabled, nobody can tweet a message across a country without a device IRL either.

Nobody can move his rifle across a bush and instantly know someones name and distance.

Nobody can carry engine parts, rotor assembly and 2 wheels in their backpack and 2 jerry cans in their pockets.

I think a good compromise would be to disable the global death message, but allow only the shooter and shot to know who was who.

I doubt this will happen tho, seems like until the SA we will have what we get.

Just to clarify I don't care for the death message at all. I think it should be disabled altogether. But I understand alot of folks wish to know their killers.

A better compromise is to make it a server option like nameplates,3rd person,...

God awful to me. It encourages things that have nothing at all to do with surviving off the land which is what made DayZ unique. That's what it had going for it.

Implementing detailed death messages and tweaking the game to continuously favor PvP-gameplay turns it into just another first person shooter.

Edited by aHzdaNny

A better compromise is to make it a server option like nameplates,3rd person,...

I thought that was a given! I am of the school the admins should have alot of control over their servers. If they end up being abusive they will become unpopluated. They could always have a rating system for servers to help encourage fair play. I don't think it would be to hard to get the elves and pixies to work their magic and code this feature into a loader. This of course is if they ever decide to give admins the power of grey skull! oops sorry!