-Se7eN-

Safest Game Style In DayZ?

Hello all! Just wanted to make this topic regarding, not only your play style, but which you think is the easiest!

As you can proberbly tell, i opted for the Medic stance in DayZ, but i think i would be right in saying there are more than just 3 styles in dayz of play! Those being Bandit-Survivor-Hero,

I belive that the Medic route is a risky game style! I opt for trying to make a fast social connection with the other player hoping he wont kill me! I dont like having to shoot another player.

So for that reason id say being a medic is hard! But being a bandit is too!

Missing your first shot could cost you your beans! Not only that but when you respawn with that bandit skin! Even as a fresh spawn other players are out for your painkillers!

And then you get the mixture of non shoot on sight and shoot on sight.

So my wuestion for you is, what other styles of play are they? And which is the hardest?

Sorry for any grammar error

TMW Se7eN

Happy Gaming! <3

Me and a couple of friends often play on a specific private hive, let up sandbargs, wire fences and tank traps all around a warehouse, barn, anything that we can park a vehicle inside. We then sit there for hours with loads of weapons and ammo just killing zombies for no reason at all.

I made it to 1100 and my friend to a thousand before a restart, might do this again soon.

The shoot-on-sight bandit is the safest play style. Its also the only play style that theoretically cannot fail by any legitimate means. Myself, I switch between the bandit-survivor skin as I kill people in self defense or because they have the bandit skin.

The safest game style is to minimize exposure to other players. So don't go in zones where other players are in the first place. Don't shoot if someone clearly is far away and didn't see you. If he saw you and or comes in your direction and chances are good he will see you, shoot him on sight.

The safest game style is to minimize exposure to other players.

This.

Safest has got to be a small group (say 2 or 3) of survivors who avoid contact with other players. Stick to quiet servers and quiet parts of the map with no large zombie concentrations. Barring hackers I can't see how you could die.

The safest game style is to minimize exposure to other players.

It is indeed the safest way of life. Stay out of sight, observe without being seen. There is no need to make contact with other players when there is no direct gain. Travel only through forested areas or under cover of darkness. Never cross an open field, take the safe way around it. Keep your head on a swivel and your ears wide open. Maintain 360 degrees awareness.

It's the way of the lone wolf.

• Like 1

It is really interesting to play Day Z if you have your own style in playing it and you must also think a good strategy on how to survive the game.

log in, fill canteen, drink, fill canteen, kill a cow, cook meat, eat, go back in the bushes, log out. always shooting everyone you can see. in this way you can do it up to 100 days, but this isn't ''playing''. avoinding big towns and military areas doesn't mean you won't meet anyone, maybe they are friendly, who knows? everyone takes his own risks and if you aren't pissed qhen you die you can enjoy this game a lot more.

There is a big difference between having a bandit skin and playing as a bandit.

Of my last five encounters with bandit skinned people, only one ended in bullets.

I don't have anywhere near this kind of luck with normal skinned people, most of them shoot me on sight.

I came here to jokingly reply to your title with "Medic."

Well played.

Safest gameplay: Get a knife, a hachet, matches and a cantine, then run into the wood and stay the hell away from zeds and other players. Gets boring in the long run, though...

Hardest gameplay: Make it your mission to run into the line of fire of all the players you see while yelling "YOU SUCK DICK!" to them at the top of your lungs into Direct chat.

I try to find the middle ground between these two.......

• Like 1

Hiding is the safest way to play, everyone is a murderer!

I play as medic too, Been shot more times giving blood than i care to mention.

A careful bandit is the easiest type of play style. You simply hold all the cards if you stay in the wilderness, shoot everyone you see, and never have to enter a town for supplies. You pick your battles, so you virtually always will have the drop on your victim. : /

Being a bandit is the broad-and-easy road, so to speak. They think they're badass because they kill players, but, really, it doesn't take much skill to set up an effective ambush. It takes much more to be a survivor with some human decency.

Edited by A. Darkthorn
  • Like 1

The shoot-on-sight bandit is the safest play style. Its also the only play style that theoretically cannot fail by any legitimate means. Myself, I switch between the bandit-survivor skin as I kill people in self defense or because they have the bandit skin.

You realize hackers are able to give themselfes skins right? and humanity as far as i heard, meaning your play style is not safe at all.

A careful bandit is the easiest type of play style. You simply hold all the cards if you stay in the wilderness, shoot everyone you see, and never have to enter a town for supplies. You pick your battles, so you virtually always will have the drop on your victim. : /

Being a bandit is the broad-and-easy road, so to speak. They think they're badass because they kill players, but, really, it doesn't take much skill to set up an effective ambush. It takes much more to be a survivor with some human decency.

Still you need to get some water bottles to refill, matches, a hatchet and a knife before you can leave towns behind.

Edited by Claus1978

It is indeed the safest way of life. Stay out of sight, observe without being seen. There is no need to make contact with other players when there is no direct gain. Travel only through forested areas or under cover of darkness. Never cross an open field, take the safe way around it. Keep your head on a swivel and your ears wide open. Maintain 360 degrees awareness.

It's the way of the lone wolf.

Why are you even playing this game? You are hiding from everyone, where is the fun?

You need to try to contact other people, that is half the fun in DayZ.

Stop caring so much if you die. It's just some gear, who cares.

^^ Regarding the above post ^^

I like the stealth style of play, i think what your saying "why do you even play this game" is kinda harsh, just because he dosent wana run arround cherno dosent make him bad, i too likr to stick to the forrest with my L85, no sniper to compliment, just general evidance, its a solid plan and works :)

Still you need to get some water bottles to refill, matches, a hatchet and a knife before you can leave towns behind.

[shakes head] All a bandit needs is a gun, and these can be found in secluded barns. Everything else, he can get with his gun, and that's much safer than entering a city. Like I said, bandits think they're badass, but they're just taking the easy way.

Edited by A. Darkthorn

I've got quite a few legitimate deaths to zombies, but I've never once been legitimately killed by a player. About half of my non-zombie deaths are due to bugs (e.g. breaking my legs on a vertice error), and the rest are due to hack-users. My play style is "careful zombie hunter;" I'm like an avoidant survivor, except that I actively hunt zombies and kill as many of them as I can without overly endangering myself to passing players. It's harder than bandit and avoidant survivor, but not as difficult as bandit hunter and medic.

Edited by A. Darkthorn

Easy.

Find a vehicle. I think a bike will work but any vehicle will do.. Make sure you have plenty of food and water and then go find a blue construction dumpster. Now, pull up right next to it and exit the vehicle. You should end up IN the dumpster. Now go prone. No one will be able to see you. And as far as I can tell, no one will be able to shoot you. You can hide in the dumpster for a very long time assuming you don't starve to death or die of dehydration.

Easy. Safe. Reliable. Cowardly. But SAFE!

Im on my 11th day now.

Gear assault rifle, thermal, gps, nvg, camo clothing.

Kills 4.

vehicles consumed: 2 bikes, 1 motorbike, 2 pickups, 2 atvs

Walk in the treeline, set waypoints, scan your area of interest before entering. If anyone is there. kill them! ;)

Edited by Serious Stan