DZR_Mikhail

DayZ standalone suggestion: Surgical mask to prevent contamination

Since Rocket announced a planned advanced medical system and disease\contamination\injury simulation I thought about the surgical masks and airbrone contamination.

Medical face mask\gas mask\respirator to decrease disease spread while coughing\airborne contamination.

Items

Must really help decreasing infectioning others around, but only for diseases involvin coughing and airborne contamination.

Effects

Technical

• Lessen disease spreading
  • White, medical can be only found it in hospitals and factories
  • Civil\Military gas mask is rare, but found at fire stations and military facilities

Visual and Gameplay

• Imagine everyone in Cherno wearing a white mask. This must alarm you that something is wrong and you can get infected.
  • People can pretent they're infected and frighten others. Enemies probably wont loot you (unless wearing a mask too) :)
  • Medical mask will be a good disguise ;) Dr.Wasteland gonna like this!
  • can contribute to "Perma-identity idea"

• Like 15

You also have my support. This is cool, but anyway I see the gas mask useless if better diseases (biological toxins and infectious agents) are not implemented. The gas mask should be a rare item and should help you a lot, but with the game as it is now I don´t see it useful.

There should be some kind of diseases that spread through air and obviously biohazard. Otherwise I can´t see the purpose of a gas mask. Surgical/medical masks are used to avoid spreading and acquire diseases that are transmitted by breathing and sneezing(like influenza), nothing else.

Edited by Mitor

I like the mask idea.

But i think it will be better if you needed the mask to get to certain place, where there's toxic gas, maybe around military loot?

That's my opinion.

Edited by Floff4rn
  • Like 1

what about a respirator?

http://www.lhsfna.org/images/resp2.jpg

you know that everyone would start wearing any of those when they found it, and the bambies would go, ow my god, i am going to die!

Now i just need some paint, a big brush and the ability to write on walls

Plus with a hoodie it would all be glorious

Edited by indominator
  • Like 2

But i think it will be better if you needed the mask to get to certain place, where there's toxic gas, maybe around military loot.

That's my opinion.

Wow. Good find! Some factory with toxic wastes or toxic storage in a port. Interesting.

• Like 2

I like the mask idea.

But i think it will be better if you needed the mask to get to certain place, where there's toxic gas, maybe around military loot.

That's my opinion.

Yeah, i love ideas like that!

Areas where people only can go with the right equipment or they lose alot of life / getting very sick / and die very fast.

Gas / acid / Radioactivity <- Gloves, rubber boots, gas mask, NBC suit.

This also bring more to the medical system because if your searching this areas with not enough protection equipment then you getting sick - less protection more sick, faster die.

Edited by DaGolem

I'm saying no to this one. I don't think we need this kind of realism. I hope that rocket doesn't implement any diseases in the game except basic flu which you will get if you don't warm yourself enough, just like it is now.

EDIT:

I like the mask idea.

That's my opinion.

Ok this isn't bad idea.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Great idea, can't believe I didn't think of this before. I know we already have the flu in game but maybe a more severe disease, also in that Soviet era they were developing biological weapons. I also like how you might not risk looting an infected player and then there will be some few who will, but to properly protect yourself you'd need a gas mask, also gloves aswell when handling infected players, if you're not wearing gloves you could still become infected if you do something like eat or drink, also if you are infected and you handle items like giving them to your friend then they could become infected too.

I'm saying no to this one. I don't think we need this kind of realism. I hope that rocket doesn't implement any diseases in the game except basic flu which you will get if you don't warm yourself enough, just like it is now.

I'm sorry. He announced the advanced medicine, Cholera, malaria and dysenteria at Eurogamer.

• Like 1

Topic closed. Feature implemented.

Thanks Rocket.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail