seraosha

So how did the zombies happen?

NIve been running around, looting, shooting zombies and players, stealing vehicles, whatnot...and it dawned on me that I havent come across any military medical facilities that look like the outbreak started there...or really, any idea beyond zombie = bad in regards to why there are zombies. Yeah, I know its a zombie apocalypse game set in a former soviet bloc country, but why here?

Just because it was the most convenient large arma2 map, I suspect, but as an in-game story idea...?

Anyway, you guys got any theories on whats going on, "ingame"?

Yeah, I'm going to find out how & why. Probably not in this alpha stage, but it will be there.

Then get started on a cure.

What Zombie Apocalypse?

I just thought everyone was doing a Thiller Dance Flash Mob?

=)

I have seen mass graves. Was this an effort to contain the outbreak?

(Yes, I know they're part of ARMA II but use your imagination!)

I don't remember much. Just waking up to the waves crashing on the shore behind me. I seem to have some stuff; flares and beans mostly. Both of them are soaked. The last thing I remember was being on my launch sailing around the world when my girlfriend tried to ... bite me? But not in that nice kinda fun way. This was more like she was trying to I dunno ... eat my face. Anyway I also remember falling off the boat with my makarov.

Whiney cow .. But now that I'm here I guess I should figure out where the hell I am .. better. I need to find out how to get warm.

"EXCUSE ME! Hey you .. yeah ... I need a place to stay and ... why are you looking at me like that. Hey are you ok ... back away man, BACK OFF OR I'LL SHOOT!'

You will never know, you are not supposed to know. Think about it. When it started. ( I will assume the global infection was fairly fast) the people around who weren't infected that asked, "what is going on" and went to "study" the zombies were turned into zombies. So a sorta snowball rolling down a hill effect took place, anyone who might have gained knowledge of where and when were turned into zombies and the further it got from the start the information about where and when it started grew less and less. Until you are left with needing to know one thing. Zombies are bad mmmmkay....and to avoid them at ALL cost!! That is why you are a survivor. You where far enough away from the start to learn all you needed to know yet to far down the road to ever learn where it began.

That's my take on it. :)

Europeans not washing their disgusting European bodies...creating zombie germs.....

The rest is history.

Wait, Europeans in Far Eastern Asia? umad brah :P

Just please, please don't let it be the same tired Hollywood reason for every disaster movie these days: "An Evil Corporation's Plan for Power and Profit Gone Wrong".

Make it aliens or Nazis or anything else....

The infection kills everything including plants and animals, the earth would never do such a thing! I think it was a fluke of nature brought on by humans tampering with something they should not have gone near, be it genes or chemicals to improve our physical nature.

*SPOILER SPOILER*

In the Resident Evil series a private contractor (Umbrella) designs a chemical virus as a weapon, the "T Virus" which accidently spreads out of control.

In "Day of the Dead" another government contractor is researching a chemical weapon to paralyze enemy soldiers to save lives, but it goes terribly wrong when an accident causes it to spread out of control and malform.

In "Dawn of the Dead" it's suggested that the virus was a fluke of nature and came out of nowhere by government officials and reporters, taking even the president and military by surprise.

In "The Walking Dead" one of the scientists point out the virus is in /everyone/ already, everyone has it.. so either it came naturally or it was airborne!

Lastly in 28 Weeks later (followed by 28 Days Later) The virus is spread when an infected chimpanzee that was being tested by humans bit a human rights activist, and started the chain reaction of the zombie apocalypse!

*SPOILER SPOILER*

Plus there are a ton of different types of zombies. You have the type from the early Dawn of the Dead and The Walking Dead who are fairly slow and awkward on their feet, no real sense of balance and you must sever or destroy the brain stem to kill it. Then you have the new Dawn of the Dead where the zombies can sprint full speed and have fairly good balance, plus infinite stamina; again you need to destroy the brain to kill them. But then you have the zombies from "28 Days Later" where they're still human just infected with the "rage virus", meaning if you shoot them in the chest with an assault rifle, they will die!

So many different types of infections and ways to spread it, I'm excited to see what Rocket chooses since it seems these zombies are more like the "Rage Virus" from 28 Days Later.

Perhaps it is the Earth's way of self-correcting human overpopulation.

The infection kills everything including plants and animals' date=' the earth would never do such a thing! [/quote']

The Earth isn't self aware.

You will never know' date=' you are not supposed to know.

[/quote']

UMMM, Rocket did have a thread on here that he wrote himself, can't find it but the jist was:

ITS CAUSED BY A DISEASE.

Specifically, Prions in the brain. Same deal as CJD (Mad Cow Disease) or that crazy thing the cannibals in New Guinea get.

Here's the truth. We are the real zombies. What we see as zombies are really normal innocent people but we are so messed up that we think they are the creepies trying to eat us when we are really trying to eat them.

What Zombie Apocalypse?

I just thought everyone was doing a Thiller Dance Flash Mob?

=)

I suppose if i saw that i would start shooting or running...

Here's the truth. We are the real zombies. What we see as zombies are really normal innocent people but we are so messed up that we think they are the creepies trying to eat us when we are really trying to eat them.

Are you M. Night Shyamalan?