Zoop

People complaining because they play stupid.

Urgh, just need to vent.

After our recent switch to a private hive our Chernarus server has seen a giant influx of traffic again, and with that, it seems a few lesser desirables. Ever since we did the switch we've been bombarded by complaints from players because they do stupid things that get themselves killed, then they want to have hissy fits about it. Had a player who almost had an aneurysm this morning because he keeps going into Cherno and Elektro when the server is busy and expects not to get killed simply because he's a new spawn.

I mean, look, I understand that it sucks that going to Cherno and Elektro means dealing with camping snipers, but really? Cherno and Elektro has always been bandit hotspots. On any full server going there is pretty much asking for trouble. Why keep going there if you know it's going to get you killed, and then get angry about it?

I'll never understand people like that.

• Like 7

Why should it go in either the graveyard or private hive discussion. It is neither spam, nor is it exclusively related to private hives.

Or is this what the DayZ forums are now going to become? A place where every second person tries to see how many threads he can get into the graveyard?

Glad you're not the mod, Pendragon! :D Zoop: A valid on-topic observation.

Usually, when people find themselves complaining and trying to dictated how others should play the game, it's a sign that they are either unable to adapt, or are simply unskilled at the game. However, sniping fresh and unarmed spawns is a dick move anywhere. Though in the big city, if someone gets the jump on me, I'll shoot first and ask questions later. Also, when in an enclosed space, I'll usually warn people of coming in. If they still come in, they can expect to get shot no matter their armament.

• Like 1

A post whining about whiners whining? Stupid people do stupid things it's stupid to pay them any attention. I am pretty sure this has been brought up a few times in different incarnations and therefore is pointless in it's creation.

How about we just close the forum down since Mr. Pendragon does not seem to posses the self control required to not click on a link. You took the time to read through the forum post and even wrote your own worthless post inside it. Then you came back to the same post just to reply to some guy. Obviously you had nothing better to do than read it, and all your annoyance could have been avoided if you just ignored it. And then I read this-

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."

Benjamin Franklin

• Like 5

Anywaaaaay...... back on topic:

OP - You'll get loads of complaints like that to start with. People hate dying and like to blame admins/hackers/servers in general. It's only a matter of time before you get accused of admin abuse because someone got sniped and can't figure out how or why. Do you have a forum for your server? If not then I recommend it. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just somewhere people can communicate/vent outside of the game. It also gives you a place to post stickies and so on about server rules and deal with people in general.

Edited by Fraggle

Password the server and set up a homepage. Then people can ask to be let in, and ushered out if they become troublesome.

People in Cherno/Elektro do seem a little too jumpy though. Not complaining, as I purposely go there on high pop servers with the expectation to not be living very long. It's just an observation.

I once found a mound of flares/chemlights and instantly decided to turn Elektro into a party zone. I attached a chemlight to myself and proceeded to make the town very colorful. Those were the only things I had on my person too, so I had no guns on me. I was shot shortly after while running down the road, failing to completely light the place up. :(

Do you really find a glowing person running down the street with a posse of zombies who is throwing colorful lights in every possible direction to be that threatening? If anything, I was helping make Chernarus a little less dull. :P

• Like 1

Sorry Fraggle I am a bit of a forum/grammar Nazi Nazi. Back on topic, I do like the idea of a password/whit-list. I have not been on one yet, but I assume its about as safe as you can get. I also was on a non Dayz server last night that had B3. If you where able to get B3 you can scroll rules and such, then folks would have no reason to bitch at you.

How about we just close the forum down since Mr. Pendragon does not seem to posses the self control required to not click on a link. You took the time to read through the forum post and even wrote your own worthless post inside it. Then you came back to the same post just to reply to some guy. Obviously you had nothing better to do than read it, and all your annoyance could have been avoided if you just ignored it. And then I read this-

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do."

Benjamin Franklin

You were correct LG, was cranky this morning and made a ignorant post. Happens from time to time. And since I am Mother Flicking Ben Franklin and should live up to those standards.

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." Ben Franklin.

I apologize to the OP, I was being a jerk.

Sincerely,

Pendragon

• Like 1

People in Cherno/Elektro do seem a little too jumpy though. Not complaining, as I purposely go there on high pop servers with the expectation to not be living very long. It's just an observation.

I once found a mound of flares/chemlights and instantly decided to turn Elektro into a party zone. I attached a chemlight to myself and proceeded to make the town very colorful. Those were the only things I had on my person too, so I had no guns on me. I was shot shortly after while running down the road, failing to completely light the place up. :(

Do you really find a glowing person running down the street with a posse of zombies who is throwing colorful lights in every possible direction to be that threatening? If anything, I was helping make Chernarus a little less dull. :P

Definitely..if i want to get around there in the darkness..all your chemlights and flares are taking away my shadowy hiding spots ;) That being said i have lit the coastal towns up numerous times..and also been shot for my efforts :)