Sign in to follow this  
xxjustindestroyerxx@gmail.com

Possible solution to "New spawn I don't care attitude"

Most people are aware of the whole I'm a fresh spawn and all I have is a hatchet/enfield/other noob gear, I have nothing to lose motive. Obviously this type of gameplay isn't what rocket intended to be, and leads to a 90% shoot on sight and no diplomacy tactics. This may have been suggested before if so forgive me, but to counteract this perhaps insert a daily number of lives that resets every 24 hours (maybe 3 a day?). I think this restriction would make players think about their actions significantly more. And just to clarify I'm suggesting this for the standalone not the mod, the mod is way to buggy to get only 3 lives per day. Thoughts?

I woudnt mind something like this... actually would like it.

Multible characters I dont like when you can "horde" gear to them, and server specific chars I dont like.

So something like this would be nice(OP).

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

While I agree the "nothing to lose" motive is a pretty big problem, I don't really like the idea of restricting how many lives the player can use per day. If this was implemented, than I would have only been able to play a maximum of 30 minutes for the entire day when I first started DayZ.

Edited by Excision

While I agree the "nothing to lose" motive is a pretty big problem, I don't really like the idea of restricting how many lives the player can use per day. If this was implemented, than I would have only been able to play a maximum of 30 minutes for the entire day when I first started DayZ.

Well this could incorporate Rocket's idea of permadeath but only for the day. It would piss you off but highly motivate you at the same time.

wow 3 lives a day...

i can just imagine the sheer number of greiving asshats that would patrol the shore looking to utterly ruin someones day..

trust me, asshats would be ALL over this as a way to greive.

if you think the KoS issue is bad now, it would be nothing compared to the mechanic of a max number of daily lives would bring.

i have ZERO faith in day'z community not to abuse that mechanic.

• Like 6

wow 3 lives a day...

i can just imagine the sheer number of greiving asshats that would patrol the shore looking to utterly ruin someones day..

if you think the KoS issue is bad now, it would be nothing compared to the mechanic of a max number of daily lives would bring.

This for sure ^^ xD

No.... I have spawned and in less then a minute get sniped. ANything that paches KOS is stupid. YOu can't patch KOS because it has NOTHING to do with the game. ITs people playing it that are the problum. That is like whineing about people use swear words to often and then asking for a patch to limit the amount of swears you can say.

Could work but I'm going to add on to it. Once you exeed your use of 3 lives or whatever the amount you will be forced to wait a certain amount of time afterwards - 4th death = 10 minutes wait, 5th death = 30 minutes wait, 6th death = 2 hours and so on. But I'm just giving random numbers which I think would suit it. You wil get 3 lives after every 22 hour period or something.

Edited by Bombolz

All this is going to do is encourage fresh spawn griefing.

• Like 5

I wonder if people who play games ever think about their ideas? When you come up wiuth a "good" idea, think how can this be abused in the long run? What is the flaw in my idea? You know be critical, don't just suggest something with no real thought behind it please.

Freshspawn trolling would be solved with more random spawnpoints, inland too.

If you die often you should look at your playstyle... you are doing something wrong, specially if you die more than 3 times in a day(gaming session(s).

@Balbolz

That would work too.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

wow 3 lives a day...

This x 9001

Freshspawn trolling would be solved with more random spawnpoints, inland too.

If you die often you should look at your playstyle... you are doing something wrong, specially if you die more than 3 times in a day(gaming session(s).

@Balbolz

That would work too.

No, that wouldn't help. People would still take the 'killing people just to use up their 3 lives per day' attitude.

Edited by mZLY

Well, you have those excatly same 3 lives to loose so... its 50/50.

I know what you guys mean but throwing it around anyway, I can see the problem with it too. If not this something else should be done to the "attitude".

I play with the "New Spawn" attitude regardless of the gear I have. Except I approach it from the other side, and kill nobody for any reason. You can't change game mechanics because you don't like someone's playstyle. Some people in a real apocalypse would KoS. Some would go the insane stalker/killer route.

Though perhaps if you want to have an effect on in game behaviour regarding communication, third party chat programs could be disallowed, but balance this by giving players CB "walkies" for communication in game.

Any mechanisms that prevents players from playing your games, seems counter intuitive.

Playing as a bandit is very risky for your health, Elektro bandits die as often as they kill other players, the current problem is it's easy for bandits, to commit suicide repeatedly, until they spawn near Elektro or Cherno. I'd like to see an increased consequence for committing suicide. If you kill yourself within your characters first 5 minutes, maybe you get a 5 min respawn timer, maybe if you're forced to spawn at the same place again or maybe you're excluded from spawning near the big cities.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Any mechanisms that prevents players from playing your games, seems counter intuitive.

Playing as a bandit is very risky for your health, Elektro bandits die as often as they kill other players, the current problem is it's easy for bandits, to commit suicide repeatedly, until they spawn near Elektro or Cherno. I'd like to see an increased consequence for committing suicide. If you kill yourself within your characters first 5 minutes, maybe you get a 5 min respawn timer, maybe if you're forced to spawn at the same place again or maybe you're excluded from spawning near the big cities.

Mabye just make all spawn points equally shitty and remove Cherno/Elektro spawn completly Edited by James Ashwood

Maybe this will solve itself with the new, rebalanced, map.

More random spawn points

- not possible to "spawn camp"

-> Spawn to inland and more scattered around the whole map.

Drawback for dying

- No killing your self for better spawn.

-> life limit/day + delayed respawn if limit exceeded etc.

-> Also that proposed delay for next spawn if you kill your self within the set time after spawn, this could exponentially grow everytime you get killed. Makes you think once or twice.

More value to life

- Risk it or not?

-> Somekind of skill system, not regular RPG type of thing but something to reflect real life learning and talents.

Like Terrorviktor said, hope so also... maybe the standalone brings answer to this problem.

• Like 1